Home
FIFA 11 News Post

The FIFA Soccer 11 demo is available now, please post your impressions here.

Game: FIFA Soccer 11Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 CC @ 09/16/10 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil21
Does anyone know how to get the extras from the demo? I've played 5 games and all the extras still say locked on them.
They actually do unlock, they just say they are still locked. I've done all but the last one "win 15 games". And everything that should be unlocked is, but mine still say locked. Won 8 of 11 games and have Arsenal and the second stadium. I don't know what the other things unlock, but win 5 games you get Arsenal and play 10 games gives you the second stadium.

# 82 JJT @ 09/16/10 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Are we able to control the goalies in this demo? If so, how?
only in the arena, press back button then select goalie.

# 83 Bruins @ 09/16/10 03:52 PM
Too tough for me to get a good impression with such short half lengths. From past experience, the game will not play nearly as fast/high pressure in the retail version once you up the time to, say, 10 minute halves.

# 84 cheesesteak @ 09/16/10 04:17 PM
Must admit, I'm a bit impressed by the PC engine, even if it really is just fifa 10 console's engine. The demo automatically set me to the easiest difficulty for some reason and it obviously lacked some of the fifa 11 console features - handballs, 360 degree battle for ball (which i actually sorta liked b/c i won lots of headers) and the PC gamepad just isn't the same as a console controller, I must admit.

I like the PC version, but may avoid it and just get console.

# 85 Tomba @ 09/16/10 04:21 PM
Games incredible...EASportsBRAVO

Fifa 11 is everything I thought next gen soccer could be.

# 86 ezio @ 09/16/10 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel55
Unfortunately, I feel the same way.

I was hoping they would fix these issues, as I really do like the gameplay engine...it seems CPU AI issues are going to be a mainstay once again, and hold back an otherwise great game.

Although, I'm hoping this is an old build and these problems might've been fixed, but that doesnt seem likely so close to release.
Agreed. I doubt it will be different in the full game but you never know.

# 87 BroMontana82 @ 09/16/10 06:08 PM
are there any sliders in the game this year?

# 88 Bruins @ 09/16/10 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMontana82
are there any sliders in the game this year?
Nope, and I hope there never are.

# 89 stmark @ 09/16/10 06:44 PM
i think world class slow speed is the way to go...but i really hope they open up the game a little bit more in the midfield areas other wise this game is great to play superstars take u on and move around the field trying to get the ball. I might be in the minority but i actually like playing with hand ball on..lol...

# 90 Cabke @ 09/16/10 08:36 PM
Ok, I suck. I've played like 5 games and I haven't scored a goal except on penalties. I played my last one on beginner but I realized my problem is, I don't know any of the finesse controls. For instance, how do you lob a shot over the goal keeper? Any one got any advice?

# 91 chadskee @ 09/16/10 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cma1093
Ok, I suck. I've played like 5 games and I haven't scored a goal except on penalties. I played my last one on beginner but I realized my problem is, I don't know any of the finesse controls. For instance, how do you lob a shot over the goal keeper? Any one got any advice?
Watch your pace and lay off the turbo, make passes and don't be afraid to pass it back to keep control. As for shooting learn to use the finesse shot (Right Bumper when pressing B) since it's a less powerful and has more of a curve. I find it was easier to score with it early on since I didn't send every shot over the bar. If you aren't using a finesse shot I recently found that holding down the left trigger as I shoot helps keep the shot down as well.

That's my random sporadic advice haha xD.

# 92 DangerDanjo @ 09/16/10 10:48 PM
I've heard mostly positive replies so far and that is good because this is a really good game. But there are some negative things.

Penalty kicks are too easy.
Where are the overlapping runs in the attacking 3rd?
Too many CPU spin moves.
Too easy to strip the CPU of the ball.
I shouldn't be having 65% possession with BayernL against Barcelona on Legendary.
CPU doesn't do good enough job possessing the ball.
I still see ping-pong passing.

I'm not bashing the game! I've already purchased it and will have months of fun but I just thought I'd point those things out.

# 93 cadalyst17 @ 09/16/10 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I am copying this from the Fifa Soccer Blog site posted by Nanny:

1. Tackling, its still too physical. You just smash into each other and the player just keeps bouncing off them without fouling. 360 Jostling does help but not enough. If you press from behind or even the side you will foul a player.

2. Space and time on the ball. There isnt enough, i feel pressured all the time. Especially after playing the PES demo its such a nice change to be able to slow down and get a player like Xavi to a walking pace then find that special pass. In FIFA you dont have any time in the midfield.

In my

These 2 things are what is holding Fifa back for me as well.
I am sorry but I downloaded PES 2011 tonight and I am not that thrilled. It has improved but this game is still not next gen. The players are still too robotic and slow in response furthermore 360....what 360? In my opinion it is still 8 axis and I hope that is not the sound because that sound was just annoying. The graphics? I don't know as the european version will only offer a 720 p resolution demo but FIFA has made a great leap in the graphics.

# 94 Bruins @ 09/16/10 10:58 PM

# 95 rckabillyRaider @ 09/16/10 11:18 PM
still way to easy to knock the ball loose from your opponent. Just run right in to him and the ball is yours the majority of the time. And the whole Personality+ thing......I don't really see it. If by Personality + they mean giving every guy the ability to do the same spin move, then I see it.

Still a solid game. Both FIFA and PES are day one purchases.

# 96 dmick4324 @ 09/16/10 11:29 PM
That goal highlight was great. Great cross by the way. If I'm not hearing things the crowd sounded pretty awesome also.

# 97 Cabke @ 09/17/10 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadskee
Watch your pace and lay off the turbo, make passes and don't be afraid to pass it back to keep control. As for shooting learn to use the finesse shot (Right Bumper when pressing B) since it's a less powerful and has more of a curve. I find it was easier to score with it early on since I didn't send every shot over the bar. If you aren't using a finesse shot I recently found that holding down the left trigger as I shoot helps keep the shot down as well.

That's my random sporadic advice haha xD.
Thanks man. I'll definitely give that a shot.

# 98 instantpop @ 09/17/10 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadalyst17
I am sorry but I downloaded PES 2011 tonight and I am not that thrilled. It has improved but this game is still not next gen. The players are still too robotic and slow in response furthermore 360....what 360? In my opinion it is still 8 axis and I hope that is not the sound because that sound was just annoying. The graphics? I don't know as the european version will only offer a 720 p resolution demo but FIFA has made a great leap in the graphics.
I wasn't feeling PES either. I was really looking forward to giving it a shot after all the great stuff I have read, but I think so many bloggers have been in the dumps with where PES has been the last few years that any glimmer of improvement makes for 'PES is BACK!' type headlines. I never really felt in control during the PES demo. No jostling for position, no feel of 360º movement, nothing. It felt very rigid. A definite improvement over PES 2010, but I guess I'm not seeing why every one's drinking the kool-aid on PES 2011 already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
still way to easy to knock the ball loose from your opponent. Just run right in to him and the ball is yours the majority of the time. And the whole Personality+ thing......I don't really see it. If by Personality + they mean giving every guy the ability to do the same spin move, then I see it.

Still a solid game. Both FIFA and PES are day one purchases.
I like that I'm finally seeing skill moves from the CPU, but I agree that the Personality + feature isn't really shining through in this demo. Right now I'm chalking it up to the fact that the halves are only 3 minutes. Not much you can really pull from the game in 6 total minutes in my opinion. Just as things start to get flowing for me, the half is over. I'm not sure why EA thinks 3 minute halves is enough time to sell people on the new features. Give me the equivalent of an online ranked game at least. I myself prefer 10 minute halves.

# 99 KG @ 09/17/10 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantpop

I like that I'm finally seeing skill moves from the CPU, but I agree that the Personality + feature isn't really shining through in this demo. Right now I'm chalking it up to the fact that the halves are only 3 minutes. Not much you can really pull from the game in 6 total minutes in my opinion. Just as things start to get flowing for me, the half is over. I'm not sure why EA thinks 3 minute halves is enough time to sell people on the new features. Give me the equivalent of an online ranked game at least. I myself prefer 10 minute halves.
Yeah I agree about the personality +. Also, the CPU does not respect or recognize players. I'm controlling CR7 last night 1-on-1 out on the wing last night. Instead of sitting back the CPU comes crashing into me everytime.

Honestly, it feels like '10 a lot with improved player movement.

# 100 Qb @ 09/17/10 11:37 AM
Guys, let's please keep the PES impressions in the PES forum (and likewise for over there).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.