Home
Pro Evo 2011 News Post

The Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 demo is available now. Please post your impressions here.

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 ezio @ 09/27/10 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Juice
So I tried downloading the PC demo again because I wanted to try using the 30 teams patch, but Im having trouble just d/ling the actual demo, let alone the patches. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong here? When I get through d/ling the demo and go to run it, a pop up says its unable to run because the "d3dx9_30.dll" is missing. Am I missing a file or is my computer just not able to run this? When I go to settings it does say my computer doesn't meet the minimun system requirements so I may experience some difficulties, but I thought maybe it would still work?
I had the same problem. You need to update the direct X files to the latest version.

# 182 Orange Juice @ 09/27/10 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I had the same problem. You need to update the direct X files to the latest version.
Do you know how I can do this? To be honest Im not completely sure what direct x files are but I've heard that name before.

EDIT- Nvm, I googled it. I updated the files but it turns out my computer is the real problem... too slow.

I may try d/ling it on my brothers laptop later, Im sure it meets the requirements. Well I hope so atleast.

# 183 phillyfan23 @ 09/28/10 12:04 AM
the game is good...but it's just a shame really that the cpu is inept at keeping the posession and attacking. I've been playing on top player and the cpu is getting outposessed on average 60 to 40. If I'm using Barcelona against Bayern Muenchen, FINE!..but I'm controlling the tempo from start to finish using bayern agaisnt Barca ( the TOP team in the world for ball posession).

If the retail game is like this, I just won't be able to play it and it's a shame because other than that, the gameplay is tight. The game feels like PES 5 next gen and thats a great thing....but the difficulty needs to be amped a bit. In the old PES games, it was stressful when you played the great teams. They controlled the ball, and their defense was sometimes impenetrable.....adds more spice when you do pull off an attacking build up move because you knew how hard it was to penetrate the D, and you won't be getting those chances again and again.

In this demo, no feeling of that suspense is present...you attack you mess up you say " oh well, I'll get the ball again soon when the CPU makes a boneheaded move and then i'll keep the posession for a long stretch "....RINSE and REPEAT.....

I remember in the old PES games, you felt absolutely STIFLED and couldn't breathe when you face against the great italian Defence....and you felt overwhelmed agaisnt a great attacking force like Manchester United....i just don't think I can feel that again unless something drastically changes in the retail or if there is a 6th difficulty. This problem has been there for the last 2-3 years now....

hopefully the retail will be different...but to be honest....I doubt it.

# 184 Quint75 @ 09/28/10 06:15 PM
When will the demo be released for North America, or conversely, how do I go about setting up a European account for either the 360 or PS3?

Thanks for any help.

# 185 Mashiasu @ 09/28/10 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
When will the demo be released for North America, or conversely, how do I go about setting up a European account for either the 360 or PS3?

Thanks for any help.
Here you go Quint, enjoy

Quote:
Follow the directions below:

1. First create a new user for your PS3.

2. Sign Up for the Playstation Network.

3. Select Hong Kong as your Country/Region. (You can select ANY region as long as you can provide a real address.)

4. Make sure your language is set to English.

5. Select Master Account.

6. Create an e-mail account for your new PSN ID. If you have another e-mail address you can use just use it.. a friends, a parents, or a girlfriends etc. Otherwise visit any of the free e-mail websites below:Once you've created an account simply use the e-mail address in your registration.

7. Create an online ID.

8. Enter a name, it's up to you how to play this one.

9. Next you'll need to provide a valid address for the region. Lets say you pick Hong Kong as my new homeland. Visit Frommers HERE and click on any of the restaurants names. Once you do this you'll have a valid address for your new account so enter it!
borrowed from here http://www.consolemonster.com/forum/...ad.php?t=10663

# 186 Quint75 @ 09/28/10 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashiasu
Here you go Quint, enjoy

borrowed from here http://www.consolemonster.com/forum/...ad.php?t=10663
Thanks much!

# 187 Quint75 @ 09/29/10 08:05 PM
I went through all the trouble of setting up a Hong Kong account... and the demo is nowhere to be found. GRRRRR!!!!

# 188 Furq @ 09/29/10 10:33 PM
Played the demo today liking it after a game.

Great graphics. Good feel when dribbling and passing.

Less presentation though it may be due to the demo. I didn't mind not having a license in past games but FIFA has spoiled me there. Do people still post roster edits with real kits etc online for ps3 users?

# 189 South318 @ 09/30/10 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
I went through all the trouble of setting up a Hong Kong account... and the demo is nowhere to be found. GRRRRR!!!!
I set up a UK account to get the demo.

# 190 rckabillyRaider @ 09/30/10 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
Played the demo today liking it after a game.

Great graphics. Good feel when dribbling and passing.

Less presentation though it may be due to the demo. I didn't mind not having a license in past games but FIFA has spoiled me there. Do people still post roster edits with real kits etc online for ps3 users?
sure do. There are good ones out there.

# 191 instantpop @ 10/01/10 01:06 PM
Quick question (from a PES noob):

When playing the demo it always seems as though the ball is glued to my player's feet. Is there something I am missing in terms of control to free that up a little bit more (such as a first touch or getting the ball out into space in front of me)? I think this will be the first year I grab both footy games.

# 192 BrianFifaFan @ 10/01/10 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantpop
Quick question (from a PES noob):

When playing the demo it always seems as though the ball is glued to my player's feet. Is there something I am missing in terms of control to free that up a little bit more (such as a first touch or getting the ball out into space in front of me)? I think this will be the first year I grab both footy games.
Tap the RB/R1 to get the ball out in front of you.

# 193 instantpop @ 10/01/10 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Tap the RB/R1 to get the ball out in front of you.
Thanks, Brian!

# 194 cookusu @ 10/01/10 03:47 PM
Couldn't explain in a million years how to do a first touch well since I have been playing this awhile, but turning as you receive the pass at just the right time can help get a step on a guy. I don't push the ball out in front of me too much since it tends to get stripped from me too often and you can just pass the ball anywhere and go after it if you want that can be kind of cool.

# 195 Tha_Kid @ 10/02/10 03:20 PM
I don't use the default controls, but I guess it would be RB+Tap RT plus LS in the direction you want to kick the ball ahead. That is for the type of first touch you get with a flick of the RS in FIFA.

I try to make PES controls close to FIFA so I make RT dash, LT special controls, and RB manual pass. When I play its RT+Tap LT+LS in direction I want to kick the ball ahead.

Anyone any good at penalties in this game?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.