Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

This Operation Sports exclusive video also gives you a first look at the new halftime show. This is NOT the full halftime show, as it's not an NBA Today game, which will be talked about in a couple of weeks.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 VDusen04 @ 09/16/10 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaC_KiNg09
In the control insight didnt they state that they have made it where button users have the same control as shot stick users? Im a shot stick guy myself dont get me wrong, but I thought they now gave the users the same abilty with the button.
Per Insight:

"The last thing I want to mention about shooting is for all those Shot Button fans out there. One of our AI engineers absolutely refuses to use the Shot Stick. Why? I’ll never know. But to each his own. He spent some time beefing up the shot face button, and for those in the same boat as him, you’ll be very happy he did. The Shot Button now has access to just about all the shots available on the Shot Stick. So when you keep your Left Stick pressed toward the basket on a drive and hit the Shot Button, you’ll get the same shot that the AI would get in that instance, rather than just the basic set of shots that you got in previous iterations. We then decided to take it a step further. If you quickly move the Left Stick in various directions, just prior to hitting the Shot Button, you can manually control your shot types just like Shot Stick users can. So for example, to get a stepback jumper: drive across the lane, quickly move the Left Stick away from the basket, and press Shoot. It’s a nice alternative for those who like to shoot with face buttons or just in case your Right Analog Stick breaks in half from overuse."

It may not be precisely the same, but those who just enjoy using the button to shoot (i.e. me) it's a great implementation.

# 142 sambowie @ 09/16/10 02:19 PM
lol. doug collins has a job.

# 143 Naismithball @ 09/16/10 02:33 PM
I was hoping to see a close up on Evan Turner.

# 144 TalenT @ 09/16/10 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnomega
I am pretty sure I read somewhere that it will give the stats from around the league.
I was referring more to the highlights from other games part. That's still cool though. Thanks.

# 145 Rocboyz101 @ 09/16/10 03:08 PM
Idk why they didn't make it like live 10 where you just move in one direction while shooting with the button and it'll be a momentum shot. They kinda made it so you have to use the shot stick for jumpers.

# 146 İroke @ 09/16/10 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephilim
I'm guessing some of you think there should be no wrong decisions by CPU or your teammates. Well hellllloooo, watch the real thing and you will see how many strange possessions, stupid decisions, laziness etc happens.

Imagine if they would copy top plays from the real NBA and used them in the NBA today mode in half time show?
Of course I like seeing wrong decisions by CPU players. But that's just a glitch. Turiaf tries to catch the ball way early, and somehow, the ball ends up in his back. That's not a bad decision. I can stand Turiaf (or any other player) not catching the ball in other scenario, but judging exclusively that play, thats a glitch.

I can understand the exciment because the game really deserves it, but down on the earth it still have some bad things to tweak, and i'm sure that the devs are with me on this.

# 147 VDusen04 @ 09/16/10 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by İroke
Of course I like seeing wrong decisions by CPU players. But that's just a glitch. Turiaf tries to catch the ball way early, and somehow, the ball ends up in his back. That's not a bad decision. I can stand Turiaf (or any other player) not catching the ball in other scenario, but judging exclusively that play, thats a glitch.

I can understand the exciment because the game really deserves it, but down on the earth it still have some bad things to tweak, and i'm sure that the devs are with me on this.
I agree with you on that particular play. It did look more "glitch" than misstep. Not a big glitch by any means, but I'm just not sure I'd chalk that one up to a real looking misplay. Though, it could be a 2K interpretation of a misplay. . .

# 148 XenoZograscope @ 09/16/10 04:12 PM
Loving what i seen from the half-time show, great visual layout and tv feel to it. That euro-step by Turner was pretty smooth too.

# 149 i c u cant stop me @ 09/16/10 06:42 PM
iam i the only one that notices that 2k11 has arena specific buzzer sounds for every arena???...its the little things..can a knicks fan conform thats the buzzer sound that goes off at the end of quarter or either post a youtube vid?

# 150 DR Russell @ 09/16/10 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Clade
Quote for the truth

Real knicks fan getting tired on how 2k just don't care about us every YEAR we have players with 2k7 player models or n ever fix the players

There actually wilson chandler fans out here 2k come on NOW this is sickening
I know man, I know, Knicks players need to be updated! Signature shots included!

# 151 Goffs @ 09/16/10 07:03 PM
I'm betting the old school knicks got all the love but hey look at the bright side guys Amare has goggles on :rock:

# 152 mark2k @ 09/16/10 07:39 PM
wow! Halftime Show is amazing! incredible! the best halftime show analysis and highlights I have ever seen in a sports game... Thanks 2k!

# 153 Flightwhite24 @ 09/16/10 08:47 PM
Just an amazing effort by the makers of this game. If only all developers of games took this pride and effort.

# 154 Knickerbocker91 @ 09/16/10 10:18 PM
Halftime show looked good, nice touch with the highlights. I wonder what will be different when it's a NBA Today game.

# 155 rudeworld @ 09/17/10 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Clade
Quote for the truth

Real knicks fan getting tired on how 2k just don't care about us every YEAR we have players with 2k7 player models or n ever fix the players

There actually wilson chandler fans out here 2k come on NOW this is sickening
whats also "sickening" is that the players never seem to walk towards the tunnel.... NEVER but oh well will take that....just cause the game is going to be AWESOME!!!!!

# 156 Goffs @ 09/17/10 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeworld
whats also "sickening" is that the players never seem to walk towards the tunnel.... NEVER but oh well will take that....just cause the game is going to be AWESOME!!!!!
i actually asked for this in the wishlist thread...im glad they added three dornas but when it came to the players leaving to the tunnels they kinda just wandered around then it cut to the half time show...im cool with that, they didnt really show them leave anywhere else just the illusion of them moving toward somewhere...no biggie

# 157 rudeworld @ 09/17/10 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
i actually asked for this in the wishlist thread...im glad they added three dornas but when it came to the players leaving to the tunnels they kinda just wandered around then it cut to the half time show...im cool with that, they didnt really show them leave anywhere else just the illusion of them moving toward somewhere...no biggie
its really is no biggie, but the tunnel is behind press row at the Garden. Would think they would get that right at the mecca aka the worlds most famous arena....not only that its the only arena that has not changed since NBA2k.....but whatever, its nitpicking and if this is the only thing that I have to complain about.....I will be in heaven.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.