Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

2K Sports have just posted another NBA 2K11 Developer Insight, this one featuring presentation.

Quote:
"Dynamic Attendance
Have you ever noticed that at a Lakers home game, during tip-off, the seats aren’t quite filled yet? As if half the ticket holders are stuck in 405 during rush hour.

NBA2K Gamer: Did you guys add this to NBA 2K11?
DDP: Yessir

Well, when you tip with Bynum come NBA 2K11, expect to see a couple of empty seats that won’t be filled until half way through the 1st Quarter. And this doesn’t just happen in LA, it happens in pretty much every city. We took attendance numbers and watched a lot of footage from every team in the NBA to make sure the numbers were as accurate as possible. Depending on which city the game is being played in, and who the players on the scheduled road team are, the arena may or may not be at full capacity at the start of the game. Over the course of the game, the arena will fill to its capacity at different rates.."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 green94 @ 09/15/10 08:02 PM
***Faints***

This is the type of stuff that makes me buy sports games. IMMERSION!

Dynamic attendance, playoff games feeling different than regular season, fans showing up late to games.... love this kind of stuff.

# 62 Tha_Kid @ 09/15/10 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2k2ndc
LoL, One thing they got down is Doc Rivers.... IDK about anyone else, But that suit definately looks exactly what he would wear and his body type LOL
Except they butchered his face.

And the comment at the end about PJax was funny considering I've seen him jump up & down on the sideline in the demo. This from the Zen Master who doesn't have the hip(s) for such theatrics. The most he should do is stand up and walk sternly lol.

# 63 lindo9595 @ 09/15/10 08:09 PM
There better be fans wearing team colours in the crowds during playoff games. That's one thing that i think elite has over 2k

# 64 Ermolli @ 09/15/10 08:20 PM
Great improvements. Can't wait to see those things in action

# 65 Jukeman @ 09/15/10 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qontrolz
the only question i have is .. how did u do all that in 1 year 2k?

anyway.. a big BRAVO and a big THANKS

sports game of the year no doubt.. even if fifa11 might not be far behind
year that 1 year cycle debate is pretty much dead if everything actually works lol

# 66 rangerrick012 @ 09/15/10 08:25 PM
Awesome! Can Oct 5 please get here?!

# 67 B-Ball Life @ 09/15/10 08:37 PM
the demo felt like 2k as it should. cant lie thats the best kobe shot ever. but the presentation is another beast. the time wang spent over at ea gave him a renewed sense of what 2k needed. honestly this is crazy. they tried something like dynamic attendance in live 10 but this has taken it deeper.i will purchase this game but as an elite fan im genuinely jealous.

# 68 pepp32 @ 09/15/10 08:39 PM
Players Signatures - The NBA has the player’s signatures on file digitally, so we were like, “Hey, can we use those?” and they were like, “Sure.” Get ready to see signatures on photos of signature moves (not just jumpers), high level dunks and all contact dunks.

Chicago Bulls use this technique in their broadcast everytime Derek would dunk on some one......the fact 2k has put this in the game...........priceless

# 69 Goffs @ 09/15/10 08:40 PM
I'm so glad they upgraded the pressbook...under rated feature imo...

# 70 yungflo @ 09/15/10 08:42 PM
this insight was so good, i read it 3 times. just couldn't believe it.

# 71 Da-Man @ 09/15/10 08:48 PM
The one thing to complete all this great stuff would a weekly franchise show in association mode.

# 72 SageInfinite @ 09/15/10 09:00 PM
Amazing, simply amazing.

# 73 jeebs9 @ 09/15/10 09:04 PM
Very very nice!!

# 74 CaCHooKa Man @ 09/15/10 09:07 PM
i wish they brought back the player intros from 2k3

# 75 Spartan901 @ 09/15/10 09:15 PM
Great insight. I love the fact that Play-offs and finals will "feel" different than regualr season games.

I've been thinking about something alot of people have been asking; with all the things added this year, how could that be done on a 1 year dev-cycle? I have a theory

What if 2k has been working on these things for the last couple years?

Think about it. They could have been working on these additions, listening to all the feedback over the last few years, and programimng all of this without actually adding it into the game until it was all ready, while perhaps waiting for a golden moment, like say when Jordan would be on the cover, knowing this would give the game unprecedented exposure and invite a whole new demographic of players who perhaps had never tried their product. So when the time was right, they simply could add what they had been working on for years behind the scenes, polish it up, and drop a basketball video game effort of **** proportions

Just a theory

# 76 youvalss @ 09/15/10 09:15 PM
Loved everything about this insight, I must have this game!!!

# 77 CoolKeith @ 09/15/10 09:19 PM
Here is a shortened list of improvements made in the 2K series from 2008-Present

2k8 -
Sprite Slam Dunk Contest -
More Signature Style -
Off-Ball Control -
A Whole New Look
Lock-On D -
The Association -

2k9
Adaptive AI
The Association 2.0
2K-HD
All-New Broadcast Team
Better Replays & Cut Scenes
Living Rosters

2k10
NBA Today
My Player Mode
Crews
Living Rosters
Seamless Online Experience
Signature Play
NEW Intuitive Offensive Controls
Shut Down D

2K11-
JORDAN
Jordan Modes
My Player (Jordan)
My Shoes (Jordan)
Enhanced Iso Motion
Dynamic Shot Control
Dynamic Attendence
Classic Teams
Playoff Atmosphere
Home Team Fan Interaction
My Player Press Conferences/Attitude
Actual Leaners/Fadeaways (Kobe/LBJ, etc)
and a lot of unknowns (Association 2.0, Online 2.0 insights sill MIA)

The improvement 2k made in NBA 2k11 in 365 days (roughly) is astounding.

This makes me question every other game in existence. When a sequel to a game is made, often they tout 4-5 cool features...in one development cycle 2k made 15 INCREDIBLE features....they could have delayed 3-4 features and spread a few between cycles. (year 1 - Jordan mode) (Year 2 - My player Jordan...etc) This game should change the industry (sports and non-sports) forever...hell, this makes me question my own productivity in life haha - peace

# 78 SDJHood93 @ 09/15/10 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolKeith
Here is a shortened list of improvements made in the 2K series from 2008-Present

2k8 -
Sprite Slam Dunk Contest -
More Signature Style -
Off-Ball Control -
A Whole New Look
Lock-On D -
The Association -

2k9
Adaptive AI
The Association 2.0
2K-HD
All-New Broadcast Team
Better Replays & Cut Scenes
Living Rosters

2k10
NBA Today
My Player Mode
Crews
Living Rosters
Seamless Online Experience
Signature Play
NEW Intuitive Offensive Controls
Shut Down D

2K11-
JORDAN
Jordan Modes
My Player (Jordan)
My Shoes (Jordan)
Enhanced Iso Motion
Dynamic Shot Control
Dynamic Attendence
Classic Teams
Playoff Atmosphere
Home Team Fan Interaction
My Player Press Conferences/Attitude
Actual Leaners/Fadeaways (Kobe/LBJ, etc)
and a lot of unknowns (Association 2.0, Online 2.0 insights sill MIA)

The improvement 2k made in NBA 2k11 in 365 days (roughly) is astounding.

This makes me question every other game in existence. When a sequel to a game is made, often they tout 4-5 cool features...in one development cycle 2k made 15 INCREDIBLE features....they could have delayed 3-4 features and spread a few between cycles. (year 1 - Jordan mode) (Year 2 - My player Jordan...etc) This game should change the industry (sports and non-sports) forever...hell, this makes me question my own productivity in life haha - peace
Yup it sure it beautiful. Can't wait to buy this game and stay up all night playing. It is going to be beast!

# 79 RumbleCard @ 09/15/10 09:35 PM
As long as nothing is broken or massively glitched.

...and they hit Association out of the ball park like all the other improvements I think we'll have the greatest sports game (not just basketball) of all time.

This is a huge step up from what was already a pretty solid game.

# 80 inkpimp007 @ 09/15/10 09:44 PM
this is pretty much what 2K has just done to EA's NBA Elite

http://youtu.be/orQBR4J9VjE

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.