Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

2K Sports have just posted another NBA 2K11 Developer Insight, this one featuring presentation.

Quote:
"Dynamic Attendance
Have you ever noticed that at a Lakers home game, during tip-off, the seats aren’t quite filled yet? As if half the ticket holders are stuck in 405 during rush hour.

NBA2K Gamer: Did you guys add this to NBA 2K11?
DDP: Yessir

Well, when you tip with Bynum come NBA 2K11, expect to see a couple of empty seats that won’t be filled until half way through the 1st Quarter. And this doesn’t just happen in LA, it happens in pretty much every city. We took attendance numbers and watched a lot of footage from every team in the NBA to make sure the numbers were as accurate as possible. Depending on which city the game is being played in, and who the players on the scheduled road team are, the arena may or may not be at full capacity at the start of the game. Over the course of the game, the arena will fill to its capacity at different rates.."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 coolcras7 @ 09/16/10 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGmoney
As 23 stated: YES. From the Dev Insight:
good find I missed that

# 102 deetoman @ 09/16/10 12:38 AM
And I'm sure its a fact that in Association mode that your team record will have an affect on crowd attendance....So I wonder how empty the stadium will look when I'm blowing out the NJ or Cleveland!!!

# 103 ptcjohn316 @ 09/16/10 12:47 AM
this is just stupid ******** dumb!!!!!!!!!!! whats left for 2k12.. u kno what it doesnt even matter...lol

# 104 STLRams @ 09/16/10 12:49 AM
Thank you 2K, thank you thank you. This is the type of presentation ive been wanting in a basketball game for years. You guys pretty much covered everything I wanted in NBA2K11 that I had on a wish list. Im just in shock of how deep this game is going to be, and the Jordan stuff and classic teams with all of this is just crazy. I will personally make sure atleast 7 of my friends that don't normally buy NBA2K, buy it this year, I will harass them till they do. This game is beyond belief of how the gameplay, presentation, additions, features are in this game. Damn im glad you guys finally got a halftime highlight show. Now I wait through the longest 3 weeks of my life......

# 105 sportsfanatic1 @ 09/16/10 12:53 AM
2k is on a roll with all these new additions

# 106 TreyIM2 @ 09/16/10 01:07 AM
Sick, just sick. These dudes just went nutso with everything and I mean EVERYTHING! I am more and more amped for this game. It's almost at fever pitch.

# 107 FlyRice @ 09/16/10 01:09 AM
Can't wait to see all this in action. Hopefully the people in the crowd walking back and forth actually find their seats in the retail game . I could have sworn they did in previous versions. Was also hoping to see fans wearing jerseys of the visiting team like in Live 10. That was a nice touch. Amazing job overall though by 2K this year .

# 108 jsg @ 09/16/10 01:22 AM
i love this. i hope all other sports game developers are looking at this. this is what we want in our sports games. this should be the starting point.

# 109 nak10 @ 09/16/10 01:39 AM
Everything sounds amazing but i gotta see it to believe it especially about coach and ref interactions and the crowds.. I cant wait!

# 110 and1product @ 09/16/10 02:07 AM
My fiance is going to have a lot of arguments and fights with me because of the time I am going to put into playing NBA 2k11.

# 111 FlyRice @ 09/16/10 02:17 AM
Just curious does 2K still have progressive sweat? Did 2K10 have it?

# 112 coolcras7 @ 09/16/10 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRice
Just curious does 2K still have progressive sweat? Did 2K10 have it?
yep you can see it in the demo and it was in 2k10

# 113 ocat @ 09/16/10 02:35 AM
Just noticed a few guys on here are under the impression that arenas will be partially filled for the lesser teams, reading the insight again it comes across that all arenas will be at full capacity, it just varies on how quick it gets there. It should be called dynamic starting attendance.

# 114 Boilerbuzz @ 09/16/10 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce2k3
And here's hoping they got rid of the corny holiday overlays... (Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas, etc.) Maybe I don't pay attention but I never see real broadcasts do that.
Then you don't pay attention.

Yeah man, real broadcasts (NFL, TNT at least) have holiday graphics.

# 115 Boilerbuzz @ 09/16/10 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
Just noticed a few guys on here are under the impression that arenas will be partially filled for the lesser teams, reading the insight again it comes across that all arenas fill be full capacity, it just varies on how quick it gets there. It should be called dynamic starting attendance.
Yeah, that's the NBA for you. I KNEW they wouldn't go for bad teams being empty all game...

# 116 FlyRice @ 09/16/10 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
Just noticed a few guys on here are under the impression that arenas will be partially filled for the lesser teams, reading the insight again it comes across that all arenas fill be full capacity, it just varies on how quick it gets there. It should be called dynamic starting attendance.
Dang, nice catch. Still pretty cool that the crowd will start leaving in a blow out though.

# 117 Prf15 @ 09/16/10 03:11 AM
When I read that I was thinking the same thing, that the stadium would become full for everybody. It would just vary for when everybody arrives and when they leave. I bet the NBA doesn't want their game to have crowds like the Nets had towards the end of the year last year.

It all looks really really awesome though. I really should curb my excitement but it is so hard with all these videos and info coming out.

# 118 Dazraz @ 09/16/10 03:54 AM
3 words sum up 2K's approach this year. ATTENTION TO DETAIL!!!

# 119 PuntNL @ 09/16/10 04:30 AM
Simply amazing...

Just can't believe how much improvements you can get in in one year!!

# 120 IV THA UNITY @ 09/16/10 05:42 AM
Okay... Head exploded, I just pre-ordered

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.