Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Earl1963 @ 09/18/10 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Now you're borderline trolling.

And you obviously have no idea about the depth of controls in Elite. This game is headed the same way, simply with one-to-one movement.
Didn't mean to troll, it's just how I feel after trying the game. Frustrations. I love the way Live simplifies user input with their control scheme. One stick is your hands the other stick is your legs, can't get much simpler...and it makes much more sense.

Anyways, liking what I'm seeing from Elite, this is the game I'm buying likely cuz I loved Live10.

# 102 Pared @ 09/18/10 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB01
You exagerrate in a very lame way. Do you know how many people say stuff like that ? Even you know it doesn't look like a PS2 game, yet you're gonna say it anyway because your brain misfires.. and it's slightly off kilter.

Also, I can't believe that anyone who says that is above 20 years old.
Your responses of late to anything negative towards Elite are going to get you banned.

Calm it down a bit, please.

# 103 bruhman @ 09/18/10 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB01
You exagerrate in a very lame way. Do you know how many people say stuff like that ? Even you know it doesn't look like a PS2 game, yet you're gonna say it anyway because your brain misfires.. and it's slightly off kilter.

Also, I can't believe that anyone who says that is above 20 years old.
i think it looks like a ps2 game also but with a hd reboot like God of war collection,and i would still buy it because im not a graphics whore and gameplay trumps all. If the controls and gameplay were fun, skating minimized, and a free nba jame online i might buy it for change of pace.

# 104 Earl1963 @ 09/18/10 01:48 PM
Elite looks nothing like a ps2 game, lol.

# 105 swac07 @ 09/18/10 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
Elite looks nothing like a ps2 game, lol.
well imo from the youtube clips it does to me. I'll give my decision on visuals when the demo comes out.

# 106 100% REAL @ 09/18/10 02:14 PM
i Never gave up on this game lets juss hope the Demo can gtet me more in to the game

# 107 mlp111 @ 09/18/10 03:27 PM
yeah i really hope this demo is good, because I just believe that the demo will be the exact product as the retail, so what the demo plays like, will be exactly what to expect in the retail version...... this will be the make or break point for me, but i must admit i really like elites accessories, and hope i can see first hand the physics that EA have been really pushing, cause none of the videos really display them, but i believe that they have to be played instead of seen, so this will make my verdict after i play it

# 108 Boilerbuzz @ 09/18/10 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I'll PM you. It will eventually evolve into discussion that will take this thread off-topic.
Then branch it because it would be an interesting discussion. I understand what you are saying and you are right...

# 109 Boilerbuzz @ 09/18/10 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
yeah i really hope this demo is good, because I just believe that the demo will be the exact product as the retail, so what the demo plays like, will be exactly what to expect in the retail version...... this will be the make or break point for me, but i must admit i really like elites accessories, and hope i can see first hand the physics that EA have been really pushing, cause none of the videos really display them, but i believe that they have to be played instead of seen, so this will make my verdict after i play it
I don't think demos are make or break. As I said in another thread, I think people take in everything they've learned and make their decision. The demos normally validate a decision that has already been made.

I can't wait to try the conttrols. I could care less about the added modes. Just give me the practice.

# 110 blackflash83 @ 09/18/10 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haval93
Every game has canned-animations, GTA, RDR, and even Backbreaker have them, Elite included; they got rid of the all the two player animations. For this they had to use physics. Physics is more than just limb to limb contact and unique collisions, there are tons of variables to it. To say there are none is completely false and wrong.
In ELITE's case there are no canned animations. All the sequences performed in the game are user controlled, except for contextual animations like diving for loose balls. Everything else is under your control.

# 111 Boilerbuzz @ 09/18/10 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflash83
In ELITE's case there are no canned animations. All the sequences performed in the game are user controlled, except for contextual animations like diving for loose balls. Everything else is under your control.
No canned animations except...

If you have to say "except" then you can't say there are none in the game.

# 112 ombcam @ 09/18/10 08:49 PM
He said there are no canned animations. He said contextual which is not CANNED.

# 113 elprez98 @ 09/18/10 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I can't wait to check out the demo. With the ground they've got to make up on 2k in marketing, I'd expect it to be a much more complete demo. As long as the controls have some resemblance to Live '09, the game should be pretty good offline.

I do have a question though, if I buy the game used, will I have to pay $10 to play Elite and then another $10 to play NBA Jam online? Hopefully, we won't have to pay twice.

# 114 Jano @ 09/18/10 08:58 PM
Jam is free Prez

# 115 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/18/10 09:01 PM
well i think EA will have the adv of which demo's are better, but are they just a little to late?

# 116 Jano @ 09/18/10 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
well i think EA will have the adv of which demo's are better, but are they just a little to late?
Only way they could be late imo is if they failed to release the demo before the game hit the the shelf.

# 117 23 @ 09/18/10 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Jam is free Prez
not wit a used copy

# 118 smur1524 @ 09/18/10 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz

blackflash wasn't using "except" towards the statement regarding the canned-animations. He was talking about the user-control. The only thing the user can't perform by pressing a button is diving for loose balls. All other animations are triggered through user input.

# 119 Boilerbuzz @ 09/18/10 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ombcam
He said there are no canned animations. He said contextual which is not CANNED.
? Wrong dude. Reread his statement.

# 120 Boilerbuzz @ 09/18/10 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smur1524
blackflash wasn't using "except" towards the statement regarding the canned-animations. He was talking about the user-control. The only thing the user can't perform by pressing a button is diving for loose balls. All other animations are triggered through user input.
Having fun twisting the statement?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.