Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

It looks like the NBA Elite 11 demo for PS3 users arrives tonight. Most likely, early in the morning tomorrow for 360 users.

Update: Demo dates and time:
Monday, Sept 20th 9pm PDT - PS3 in North America
Tuesday, Sept 21st 2am-6am - Xbox 360 Worldwide
Wednesday, Sept 22nd 9am-12pm - PS3 Europe

Quote:
"One of the key changes we made this year was introducing all-new Hands-On Control. This puts the control of the player in your hands, and gets rid of the dice-roll shooting, canned animations, and loss of control you’ve experienced in past NBA Basketball video games. Like putting in time at the gym, there’s a learning curve with Hands-On Control. But once you feel the difference, you’ll know why we changed everything. To compare Hands-On Control to the old button configuration, you can switch back in your Lakers-Celtics game in the demo through Pause-> Menu -> Setting -> Control Setting. We really encourage you to put in the time in Practice Mode with the Hands-On Control and feel the difference versus our old controls."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 RayRay34 @ 09/20/10 10:24 PM
I Cant wait!!!!! Tomorrow is judgement day, I either keep my pre-order or I cancel it. Please be good enough so that I can keep it PLEASE!!!!

# 82 2kfanatic @ 09/20/10 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
Thanks. I really do appreciate it.

In the meantime, here's what's going through my head right now. Something for you to listen to while the demo downloads.

Hope it hold true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-MLp...eature=related
Guys like you convinced me that EA no longer is the EA of the old. For once somebody from EA wants to improve the basketball game genre and not really concentrate on selling some lame *** sugar coating feature.

# 83 fatleg3 @ 09/20/10 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
Thanks. I really do appreciate it.

In the meantime, here's what's going through my head right now. Something for you to listen to while the demo downloads.

Hope it hold true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-MLp...eature=related
Your crazy like that glue, to think that you could out do my one two

I still remember the words to that song from elementary lol. It was one of my favorite songs cuz in his video he had a tampa bay lighting jersey on lol

# 84 stepsix @ 09/20/10 10:34 PM
One thing to keep in mind is the demo build doesn't have the fix for the boozer dunk.

Enjoy!

I'd appreciate any AI thoughts and feedback you guys have.

# 85 pdawg17 @ 09/20/10 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepsix
One thing to keep in mind is the demo build doesn't have the fix for the boozer dunk.

Enjoy!

Good to know...you might mention that in a "sticky" thread somewhere because otherwise the haters will be flamin'!

# 86 Lubey @ 09/20/10 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
Good to know...you might mention that in a "sticky" thread somewhere because otherwise the haters will be flamin'!
The haters will flame anything they can think of with this demo.

# 87 dirtypuppet @ 09/20/10 10:47 PM
Quote:
Ouch, expect some crazy outlandish feedback then. Not from me or others who are informed by places such as OS. Not a great move IMO because the uninformed sports gaming public are going to be hating on things like this with a whole lot of 'the sky is falling, EA sucks' type of remarks.

Good luck though guys, I'm excited.

# 88 thebesteva_22 @ 09/20/10 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARYChi
i think they releasing it on PS3 early because of the new PS3 Firmware 3.50 update that goes live at Midnight.
Just turned on my ps3, and wa la 3.50 update.

# 89 pies @ 09/20/10 10:52 PM
Great video ReAnimator, Now I'm seriously hyped right now!

# 90 stepsix @ 09/20/10 10:52 PM
Hopefully pared sees my post...not really saying for those with their mind made up already though, more for those of you that have been following the progress and would naturally be concerned with what might be misconstrued as a false promise.

# 91 jrose57 @ 09/20/10 10:57 PM
Quote:

Enjoy!

So can you explain how the boozer dunk is fixed? Like will we NOT see those crazy dunks starting from freethrow line anymore? And what does it look like now? Thank you~

# 92 Vast @ 09/20/10 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
Am I the only one who has slower dl speeds on ps3 then on 360???
No. The PS3 downloads like 5x slower for me than the 360.

Both wired connections.

# 93 stepsix @ 09/20/10 11:01 PM
@ dirtypuppet - not really a move per se - the issue was addressed after we put the demo together. Don't worry about the sky is falling stuff, rEAnimator and I are here to listen to feedback from the informed heads; this being the internet everything gets taken with a grain of salt (unless rEAnimator's jet lagged & grumpy lolz)

# 94 stepsix @ 09/20/10 11:05 PM
Sorry I'm on my phone so no quotes...
@ jrose - day one roster update.

# 95 DirtyJerz32 @ 09/20/10 11:11 PM
3.50 update is up so we'll see if demo shows up.

# 96 Philstat @ 09/20/10 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
WAITING...can't wait to play.

# 97 icecoldcash @ 09/20/10 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
After downloading Patch 3.50, no new demos on PSN atm.

# 98 jrose57 @ 09/20/10 11:16 PM
Quote:
Sorry I'm on my phone so no quotes...
@ jrose - day one roster update.
Would that means you guys change the jumping abilities of every player to stop and fix those crazy dunks?

# 99 stepsix @ 09/20/10 11:22 PM
It wasn't a chane to verticals in general, but specifically to dunk types. After all the talk about verticals I went in and played a game with both teams' verticals lowered and it changes the game quite a bit. As I mentioned in another post, there's a few less sliders this year but their individual impact on gameplay is much bigger. I'm interested to see the slider sets people come up with this year...

# 100 DirtyJerz32 @ 09/20/10 11:25 PM
Nope, nothing

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.