Home
News Post

With today being the North American release date (and Steam ), lets use this topic for impressions for all 3 platforms. Please limit this to impressions and questions about the game.

UPDATE: Apparently the console version is not being released until tomorrow or even as late as Thursday for some. For those who purchased the PC version off of steam, it has been released and will be unlocked within 2.5 hours to play. I have the game already downloaded on my system, just waiting for the unlock. I will do my best with impressions as soon as the game is unlocked on my PC.

Game: F1 2010Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
F1 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 cfiore @ 09/21/10 07:25 PM
Need MORE impressions and pics please!!! So pi$$ed this was not in stores today!

# 22 bluengold34_OS @ 09/21/10 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx34
I was going to get this for my PS3 but not sure if i should go for PC now

I have Rig setup that i using for iracing using a Fanatec GTRS. But ive read that the PS3 verison does not support that wheel.

How does the wheel feel in this game? If you played iracing which I would consider to be perfect as to game like NFS **** which is terrible imo.
I was a member for iRacing for over 6 months, and the wheel to me, feels as good. I also compare it to rFactor, and it feels just as good to me here also. The wheel is extremely responsive, even in some of the more technicals turns. If you have the rig for it, I would highly suggest the PC version over the PS3 version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfiore
Need MORE impressions and pics please!!! So pi$$ed this was not in stores today!
I just raced Silverstone on Hard( 4 levels of difficulty, hard is the 3rd level ) and I came in 22nd out of 24. I had worked my way up to 13th, but its been awhile since I have turned laps at Silverstone, and it cost me. I did no pratice before hand either.

Little things I noticed this time....

1. Spotter was upset that I was letting certain drivers and cars pass me , as he let me know that I and my car were better then them and theirs.

2. I hit the gravel a couple of times, and whats really cool, is you have to give your tyres a chance to lose all of the gravel particles. It's effects can be felt and seen.

3. I saw plenty of driver mistakes from the AI, but still am very pleased with how they race from venue to venue.

4. In my 1st race I finshed 4th, and they showed me raising my fist and pumping it in the air. I this last race where I finished 22nd, they showed me shaking my head at the end of the race.

5. If you really want to to, you can make this game pretty damn hardcore. You can remove all of the assist, drive lines, maps.....but if you do this, you better have some practice time put in at each lap.

# 23 cfiore @ 09/21/10 07:42 PM
Blue, thank you so much for the impressions and please keep them coming. Have to work a 12 hour shift tomorrow and Thursday so the impressions will keep me going till Friday.

# 24 bluengold34_OS @ 09/21/10 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfiore
Blue, thank you so much for the impressions and please keep them coming. Have to work a 12 hour shift tomorrow and Thursday so the impressions will keep me going till Friday.
No worries bro, happy to do so. I will also say that Silverstone had me sawing my wheel back and fourth. My forearm started to burn a little I am also very excited to see the "good day-bad day" program work. If you read my interview with Paul, you will see that they have implemented a system called "good day-bad day" and it will have donkeys racing bad, with an occasional good day sprinkled in, on the flip side, it will allow the superstars of the curcuit to have some great days, a lot of good days, and some bad days. They will never race the same at each venue.

I will get some more pics up here also!

# 25 Kully @ 09/21/10 07:54 PM
bluengold is doing a great job with impressions, I'll just keep uploading pictures.

Feeling the bumps in the track is great. Also have to agree with bluengold about the gravel on the tires - they rub off realitively quickly, but you can feel the difference when it's there.

# 26 Kully @ 09/21/10 07:56 PM
Also, Blue were you were limited to a few teams when you started your career? I tried to start one in the limited time I had but was only able to choose from some of the worst teams (I went to lotus for fun lol)

# 27 Kully @ 09/21/10 07:59 PM

Shots from intro movie:

# 28 bluengold34_OS @ 09/21/10 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kully
Also, Blue were you were limited to a few teams when you started your career? I tried to start one in the limited time I had but was only able to choose from some of the worst teams (I went to lotus for fun lol)
Kully you are doing an equally good job with your pics bro, as those are some great in-game shots! I did try to start a career, and it will only allow you to choose from Lotus, and HRT-Cosworth. If you race well, and do your interviews correctly, you will have a chance to move up to teams like Red Bull and Mclaren.

# 29 cfiore @ 09/21/10 08:10 PM
Kully, you are doing an outstanding job with the pics. I was wondering when you start your career which team(s) you get to choose from. I fear if I do a 7 season career it will take me 6 or worse I may never get to drive for my beloved Ferrari. You both are awesome! Thank you so much! Keep it coming!

# 30 lnin0 @ 09/21/10 08:11 PM
You guys got me so excited for this one. Long race weekend. Feeling the gravel on your tires. Flats. Engine wear. Bumps. Wow....finally someone that LISTENED.

Pre-ordered for the 360 but still not sure if GS is going to have this in tomorrow ... might be Thursday. Half temped to pick up the PC version as well since it is only $40 and I could instantly download and play it. I also like my driving-force-gt wheel over the 360s white wonder.

Does this game have multiplayer features?

# 31 RunN1st @ 09/21/10 08:14 PM
It really goes to show how much better graphics a solid PC can pump out vs. a console. How about multiplayer options, guys? Is there a practice, car evolution, qualify, to race option?

I'm off to the blackjack tables!

Thanks, gents!

# 32 Kully @ 09/21/10 08:17 PM
Thanks guys, if you have any specific ones that you would like me to do I'll try and do them.

Great to have friends that live close lol.

Anyway, look at this surprise, rain at Spa:

# 33 Kully @ 09/21/10 08:18 PM
Spa continued:

# 34 bluengold34_OS @ 09/21/10 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
You guys got me so excited for this one. Long race weekend. Feeling the gravel on your tires. Flats. Engine wear. Bumps. Wow....finally someone that LISTENED.

Pre-ordered for the 360 but still not sure if GS is going to have this in tomorrow ... might be Thursday. Half temped to pick up the PC version as well since it is only $40 and I could instantly download and play it. I also like my driving-force-gt wheel over the 360s white wonder.

Does this game have multiplayer features?
What up lnino?...its been too long brother. Need to get you off that damn 360

The other nice factor about the environment, is that you can adjust from 0 to 100% on how much it affects you, and how much you feel it in the wheel( gravel, rumble strips, car to car collisions ). I initially was going to pick it up for the PS3, but thought about the graphical power of the pc version( and possible mods )and went with the PC version instead.

A little Monza action!

# 35 Kully @ 09/21/10 08:20 PM

Bye Spa I barely knew ye.

# 36 dirk grout @ 09/21/10 08:21 PM
Great screens! Quick question, could anyone tell me if its possible to turn off the names of the drivers above the cpu cars. Thanks.

# 37 Kully @ 09/21/10 08:22 PM
Damage:

# 38 Kully @ 09/21/10 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk grout
Great screens! Quick question, could anyone tell me if its possible to turn off the names of the drivers above the cpu cars. Thanks.
Yup, you can turn off a lot of on screen display stuff:

I've had the opportunity to play this game on a DX11 computer, and man it looks so much better than my screens suggest. I have to upgrade my OS fast.

# 39 bluengold34_OS @ 09/21/10 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk grout
Dirk, it is possible to turn the names off. It's in the "my F1" section. Basically its in the options section

Kully,you are killing with those screenies bro!!!! Nice job.

# 40 bluengold34_OS @ 09/21/10 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
It really goes to show how much better graphics a solid PC can pump out vs. a console. How about multiplayer options, guys? Is there a practice, car evolution, qualify, to race option?

I'm off to the blackjack tables!

Thanks, gents!
Im suprised they haven't kicked your arse out of Vegas yet!!

Here is a shot Manny of the initial MP options screen, and I will grab a few more of the other internal options.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.