Home
News Post

With today being the North American release date (and Steam ), lets use this topic for impressions for all 3 platforms. Please limit this to impressions and questions about the game.

UPDATE: Apparently the console version is not being released until tomorrow or even as late as Thursday for some. For those who purchased the PC version off of steam, it has been released and will be unlocked within 2.5 hours to play. I have the game already downloaded on my system, just waiting for the unlock. I will do my best with impressions as soon as the game is unlocked on my PC.

Game: F1 2010Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
F1 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Kully @ 09/21/10 08:49 PM
Last batch for now, I want to really go into the career mode. The game looks much better on a DX11 system, I wish I could have captured some shots with that PC

This race I took Vettel into my home race in Canada, Montreal:

# 42 bluengold34_OS @ 09/21/10 08:49 PM
Run, as far as other MP options. You can create a private/public Grand Prix session, that will allow you adjust the following

Race settings
Simulation settings
Assist restrictions
Session settings
Save/Load Host settings
Create session

and you can also join a session, and search for the same settings to your liking!

# 43 Kully @ 09/21/10 08:51 PM

# 44 Chaos81 @ 09/21/10 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Here is a shot Manny of the initial MP options screen, and I will grab a few more of the other internal options.
What's the difference between those options?

Also, can someone take a nice big high quality shot of the cockpit view? Not the T-Cam, but the one that I guess is supposed to be from the drivers eyes or whatever. I don't care what team/track.

Thanks in advance.

# 45 bluengold34_OS @ 09/21/10 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
What's the difference between those options?

Also, can someone take a nice big high quality shot of the cockpit view? Not the T-Cam, but the one that I guess is supposed to be from the drivers eyes or whatever. I don't care what team/track.

Thanks in advance.

Mike with each MP option that I listed, there are also internal options for each setting.

Race Setting internal options

# 46 bluengold34_OS @ 09/21/10 09:13 PM
Simulation option internal settings

# 47 bluengold34_OS @ 09/21/10 09:16 PM
Assst Restrictions internal options

# 48 Chaos81 @ 09/21/10 09:17 PM
Quote:
Mike with each MP option that I listed, there are also internal options for each setting.
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I mean what's the difference between Sprint, Pole Position, Endurance, and Grand Prix? Do they just pre-select options for you when you pick them?

# 49 bluengold34_OS @ 09/21/10 09:19 PM
And finally, there the session settings internal options

# 50 bluengold34_OS @ 09/21/10 09:26 PM
Quote:
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I mean what's the difference between Sprint, Pole Position, Endurance, and Grand Prix? Do they just pre-select options for you when you pick them?

You're killing me Smalls

Sprint

3 lap race, dry weather

Pole Position

A 20 minute qualifying session, in which the person with the
fastest lap wins

Endurance

A 20% race, in which Tyre wear and track evolution come into play. You are also required to pit at least once.

Grand Prix

A 7 lap race in with dynamic weather and at least 1 pit stop. Tyre wear and track evolution are aslo enabled. The starting grid is decided by a 15 minute qualification session

# 51 Chaos81 @ 09/21/10 09:31 PM
Quote:
You're killing me Smalls

Sprint

3 lap race, dry weather

Pole Position

A 20 minute qualifying session, in which the person with the
fastest lap wins

Endurance

A 20% race, in which Tyre wear and track evolution come into play. You are also required to pit at least once.

Grand Prix

A 7 lap race in with dynamic weather and at least 1 pit stop. Tyre wear and track evolution are aslo enabled. The starting grid is decided by a 15 minute qualification session
Perfect, thanks, Bob.

# 52 bluengold34_OS @ 09/21/10 09:32 PM
Mike.....Here is your in car view shot you requested.

# 53 bluengold34_OS @ 09/21/10 09:33 PM
Quote:
Perfect, thanks, Bob.
Happy to do it Mike!

# 54 Chaos81 @ 09/21/10 09:52 PM
Thanks for the picture, too.

# 55 Behindshadows @ 09/21/10 11:27 PM
4 videos coming Thursday, need more time to practice, before I embarrass myself on film.

# 56 D Apocalypse @ 09/22/10 12:17 AM
Ok. I (obviously) just got this game from Steam. Wanted to do a quick video to show how the game runs/looks on PC. Here's my video recorded with fraps. Warning. Bad driving scenes content : p

# 57 D Apocalypse @ 09/22/10 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
4 videos coming Thursday, need more time to practice, before I embarrass myself on film.
Ah dude. Go for it! I just did right below your comment : )

My driving is horrible but damn I (it) look good doing it!

# 58 Thadeus @ 09/22/10 01:06 AM
DO NOT buy this game for the pc unless you have a supercomputer. I have a very good system, and I average 27fps, which is unacceptable to me. Thanks Codemasters, for optimizing this game so well.

# 59 Lakers 24 7 @ 09/22/10 01:13 AM
I don't have a super computer and it's running smooth.

Quick impressions:

Overall the gameplay seems pretty solid, while it's not a sim it definitely has a lot of realistic elements built into it. Running a good racing line and nailing your apexes are absolutely crucial to laying down some good lap times. Managing engine and tire wear adds a good bit of immersion & realistic strategy to the racing experience.

The one gripe I have with this game is with the FFB. It's not accurate, nor realistic, and doesn't help you get a sense of what the car is doing, so essentially you don't feel as connected to the car and track as you should. If they can improve that aspect this game is easily a 10/10.

# 60 Chaos81 @ 09/22/10 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeus
DO NOT buy this game for the pc unless you have a supercomputer. I have a very good system, and I average 27fps, which is unacceptable to me. Thanks Codemasters, for optimizing this game so well.
Try going into your audio settings and changing it from "rapture" to "software". I read elsewhere that helped people on PC.

I tried it at a friends house on PS3 with my DFGT and enjoyed it. Pretty sure I'll end up picking it up for PC so I can get my F1 fix.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.