Home
News Post

With today being the North American release date (and Steam ), lets use this topic for impressions for all 3 platforms. Please limit this to impressions and questions about the game.

UPDATE: Apparently the console version is not being released until tomorrow or even as late as Thursday for some. For those who purchased the PC version off of steam, it has been released and will be unlocked within 2.5 hours to play. I have the game already downloaded on my system, just waiting for the unlock. I will do my best with impressions as soon as the game is unlocked on my PC.

Game: F1 2010Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
F1 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 bluengold34_OS @ 09/22/10 10:56 AM
I just did 100% race at Monza, and I even waited to quit, until after I pitted. When I restarted the race, it still had the race there to choose from, but it was back at restarting the whole thing again.

It may be different in Career mode, but in Grand Prix mode(exhb) you can only save between sessions! I was hoping it would have been like Indycar 2005 where it would resume after the very last pit stop........

# 82 Bahnzo @ 09/22/10 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thurstones
That pit "bug" happened to me, but it's fair enough that your team can't release you into traffic in the pit lane. Can't this easily be avoided by pitting the lap before or after most other drivers?
I think it's more than that. It seems to be happening when there isn't any traffic. Either way, making you sit in your pit stall until everyone else pits is a bad oversight. Since pit stops are automated (bad also IMO not to give you the option to control your car) there shouldn't be any problem finding a slot to get you out.

# 83 Sundown2600 @ 09/22/10 11:48 AM
I'm really frustrated the N. American release date for this game was 22 Sep but I can't find this game anywhere. I pre-ordered at Gamespot and they have changed their in store date from Wed to possibly Friday (the day I go back to work ). Now I'm reading everywhere about the pit bug in the game. I'm to the point now where I'm just gonna pick up my Fifa 11 next week and forget about this game, at least until word of a patch comes out.

# 84 Sundown2600 @ 09/22/10 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Let's hope thay have a patch for this pit stop bug or it's pretty much a game killer. The fact there was no demo doesn't guarantee that there will be a patch. Has Codemasters issued patches for thier past games?

I just don't get it. How do you not find a glaring bug this big in testing. The quality control issue with games has become so bad that they can't find a bug that would be obvious about an hour into playing career mode.

It seems they spent countless hours putting all these features in and mere minutes to see if it works properly. If they missed a bug this big then who knows what other bugs are lurking as you get deeper into the game.

This game is a definate pass until a patch comes thru and hopefully it doesn't take months. Glad I didn't pre-order. For a F1 driving experience I'll stick with F1CE from Sony for the time being especially since there's not a hint of frame rate or stuttering problems.
I think this could be a blessing in disguise because I was frustrated earlier about the release date inconsistencies, but I'm gonna hold out and wait until the reviews come back from console owners. Just called another Gamestop in my city they aren't sure when it's coming in. Doesn't matter now because I'm gonna wait to hear more consumer feedback after the 'honeymoon' phase ends.

# 85 Kully @ 09/22/10 01:22 PM
Quote:
3) Alternatively you could also carry on with your default race strategy but choose to ignore the lap where the Race Engineer calls you in and select to pit on the subsequent lap. This is what I tend to do.
That's why I didn't get this bug. I always ignore the engineer and come in to pit whenever I want.

It is a pretty nasty bug, hopefully it gets fixed.

# 86 bhurst99 @ 09/22/10 01:56 PM
Great impressions guys!

# 87 bluengold34_OS @ 09/22/10 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kully
That's why I didn't get this bug. I always ignore the engineer and come in to pit whenever I want.

It is a pretty nasty bug, hopefully it gets fixed.
Yeah it is, I always pit early or wait later anyways, I guess thats why I never truly encountered it. These things happen, and with the amount they tried to get into this game, its not suprising something like thia happened.

The good thing is you have a developer and a lead producer who are F1 fanatics, and play this game also. They will get a fix, just hopefully soon. The shipping fiasco for the consoles is already a huge black eye.

# 88 LingeringRegime @ 09/22/10 02:45 PM
Totally forgot this was coming out. I can't wait to pick this up tonight!

# 89 Behindshadows @ 09/22/10 02:54 PM
I absolutely love this game...when Youtube finally gets done processing my videos...I'll post them in order....

Haven't did any Career videos yet, just regular. Man the weather effects are insane on the viewing eyes. And replays are incredible, you can actually respect the level of detail of everything from cars, logos, tire detail, environments, lighting, etc.

This game is just an absolute gem!

# 90 bluengold34_OS @ 09/22/10 03:37 PM
Agreed Shadows,

I just did a TT at Australia, then watched the replay. Half the time I had to keep telling myself it was just a game, and not real.

# 91 Behindshadows @ 09/22/10 03:41 PM
My first race and 1st video...I hope you guys enjoy! Full 1080p PC at maxed settings.

Got a few more to upload. Youtube is acting funny, I might put them on my FB page..

# 92 lnin0 @ 09/22/10 04:38 PM
Great stuff guys.

So who has the 360 version - have you seen any issues with the frame rate? Do you have it installed to your hard drive or just running off disc?

# 93 Bahnzo @ 09/22/10 06:40 PM
Arrgh.......this is a fun game, but the AI seems too easy. Right outta the box I qual'd first with the Williams. No driving aids (besides driving line) and set to expert. Am I missing a setting here for the AI? I must be pretty good otherwise (which I doubt).

# 94 Behindshadows @ 09/22/10 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Behindshadows-----you were leading and looking good til that turn bit you! Nice job, and great video!
Yeah I know...lol

I let off the break, just a tad too late to coast into that turn...and then the second incident was the closure on me catching up. That car just wouldn't move...lmao...

# 95 smatutini @ 09/22/10 08:44 PM
love the game just dissapointed that theres no safety car formation laps

# 96 smatutini @ 09/22/10 08:46 PM
^ "disappointed"

# 97 smatutini @ 09/22/10 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Great stuff guys.

So who has the 360 version - have you seen any issues with the frame rate? Do you have it installed to your hard drive or just running off disc?
no issues with frame rate

# 98 firktaf @ 09/22/10 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Arrgh.......this is a fun game, but the AI seems too easy. Right outta the box I qual'd first with the Williams. No driving aids (besides driving line) and set to expert. Am I missing a setting here for the AI? I must be pretty good otherwise (which I doubt).
I don't have the game yet but I've read that there's an AI slider in the settings. So you might want to check on that.

# 99 hitch450 @ 09/22/10 09:53 PM
Thanks for the impressions everybody. Can't wait to pick this one up for the 360 as soon as I can find it, hopefully tomorrow.

# 100 Behindshadows @ 09/22/10 10:04 PM
New Video 1080p PC

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.