Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Greene_Flash03 @ 09/21/10 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Nope, you're not.
I had high hopes when i saw sixers vs knicks video...sixers red looks really good...so does the bulls...i really hope this vid is from old build...

# 82 Goffs @ 09/21/10 04:11 PM
They're all from an old build...

# 83 RubenDouglas @ 09/21/10 04:19 PM
Nitpick Alert:

PORTLAND COURT ERROR:

PORTLAND should be on the LEFT HAND SIDE under the basket, not the right. and vice versa for TRAILBLAZERS. It's totally reversed and looks logistically out of place. Next gen, when all these little pieces should create something special

Quite literally a 15 minute or less fix.

Also the red shades look to be on the pinkish side... Do these art guys watch archival footage to check their work? A 2 minute search on youtube gets you what you need

Lastly, the half court logo should be almost twice as big... thats just if youre into the pettiness

I'd work for free, art TEAM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzBkTioow2k&feature=fvsr

Other wise... lookin' good

# 84 Greene_Flash03 @ 09/21/10 04:22 PM
Yes! Thank you ruben! I really hope they fix at least the Blazers court..

# 85 KyotoCarl @ 09/21/10 04:45 PM
If this is an old build, and the demo is as well, the final release will be awesome!

# 86 wrestlinggod1 @ 09/21/10 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
If this is an old build, and the demo is as well, the final release will be awesome!
Exactly how I'm thinking.

# 87 ceej989 @ 09/21/10 04:57 PM
Uh, did anyone notice at the 2:18 mark how what the announcer said didn't make any sense?

# 88 domidomdomz @ 09/21/10 05:02 PM
Just watched the vid!

This maybe already brought up but I'll just mention it anyway, hopstep + reverse spin pivot by Zach Randolph on 5:47 was dope. I'm glad we can do that in the game!

# 89 ohyeah33 @ 09/21/10 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Ok then oO and Jesus....What should be the right play in that situation? Should LA kick it out to a better passer to make that simple pass. I think its going over your heads how simple that pass is (no pun intended). It wasn't like LA did a lead pass to him. Oden made a cut. Stood still and the ball through his hands. I could totally understand if he used lead pass to put Oden in the right spot. But Oden is the one that makes the cut. When your so open as Oden is....You might bobble the ball. But your not going be shocked by a pass like that.

What other plays should happen in that situation?
I think the play you are talking about is @ 2:29. On that play Oden is throwing the pass to a cutting Aldridge which makes more sense. Oden's passing rating is probably low and thats why it was an off pass. It didn't look like it went through his hands, it looked like i went right over his hands.

# 90 ffaacc03 @ 09/21/10 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Exactly that is the right basketball play. Its not like Oden is very far away or he is in traffic or someone is covering him. He makes the cut. And literally standing underneath the rim...WIDE Open. Hands rating or pass rate should have nothing to do with that situation.

I also could understand if Oden bobbled the ball. And then went for the dunk. But ball went through his arm alway to the other side of the court. Thats wrong. Thats rewarding stupid basketball.
I do understand you and I agree that it should have been caught or/and bobbled ... then again, ratings should come into play everytime ... if we begin to select what times should they or not come into play ... we will land into a very "unwanted" territory: prescripted ... as of now ratings and tendencies dont fully prescript things, they just lean things ... which by the way, adds realism in the way of subtle dossis of uncertainty.

Just yesterday, IRL, my brother slipped a wonderfull timed pass (well, he didnt even touched the ball) because he took his sight of the ball for half a second, maybe uncounsiously he though he would caught such a "perfect" pass no matter what, as he was completly open.

Hopefully as oo and you have said, such occurrence would be proportionaly comparable to real life happenings.

# 91 pdx_24 @ 09/21/10 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
From what I can tell the rebounding is not an issue, the skying does not seem to rear its head.

Gasol is rim level going for that rebound. The crazy vertical for the bigs going for rebounds and block shots really does stick out like a sore thumb. I was thinking once I get the game I would turn down the vertical ratings for all the bigs, but I don't think it's going to help. Normally when dunking and shooting the ball, the vertical of the bigs looks fine. It's just that when they rebound/block shot, it is as though it's already predetermined that they're getting the rebound/block shot (and the animation complies) even if it's way out of their vicinity. This didn't happen much (if at all) in 2K10. I really wish they had just stuck with the rebounding dynamics of 2K10. Hopefully a patch can fix this problem of bigs flying around rebounding and blocking shots that are way out of their area.

# 92 Chessboxer1 @ 09/21/10 05:28 PM
I didn't read the thread so bear with me if this has been brought up already but here's what i took out of this video.

Bad:
1.)Moving out of the "little blue circle" can disrupt the play being called. It looks like the game takes this as you're about to go one on one which is pretty cool but there were times when the guy just got bumped out of the way by the defender and the play suddenly ended.

2.)On fast breaks, or fast break potential situations the entire defense gets back. This happened mostly when memphis got a defensive rebound but it happened more than once.

3.)This only happened once but when a team runs back on defense on a miss when there isn't a fast break, there shouldn't be big on small mis-matches. I don't want to see mike conley guarding greg oden and then zach randolph runs by him chasing nicholas batum without them switching. When i play against the computer they make that switch every time, why can't user controlled teams do it.

4.) I didn't see who got off the bus after rudy gay did in the intros but i did notice they were wearing the exact same thing. that will get old real quick if thats always the case.

Good

1.) The spacing looked good, and when plays broke down for the most part the offensive teamates didn't automatically get in the way.

2.)On the mismatch play i was talking about where greg oden is posting conley (or maybe mayo don't remember) when the grizzlies doubled and oden kicked it to the opposite corner he didn't look like drew brees. the pass was a little off and batum had to adjust.

3.)someone said pick up miller on the first play of the game. wasn't the most opportune time because he had the ball and it was obvious but i liked that they used his name.

4.)post game looked pretty cool, aldrige stepped back and hit a face up jumper from 10 feet and zach randolph played below the rim. I would love to see how an athletic big played in comparison. will 2K ever give custom advanced post move packages? (on a side note i think there should just be a footwork slider that controls what sort of moves you're able to pull off but i digress)

5.)overall looked pretty slick with the new sideline reporter and the opening scene. the whole smart offensive team thing was pretty vague and i'm not sure how smart the grizzlies are in real life but i like that there are comments about teams that can be applied to teams in the future. if i have to hear about how the knicks leveraged their future for cap space the year before and didn't land lebron 5 years into association mode i'll be pissed. but if it references a big pickup my team made, or that i'm a strong offensive team with my 2010 rosters, then i'm a strong defensive team with my 2015 rosters then this game succedded tremendously in the presentation aspect.

6.)I didn't see anything too crazy that pissed me off so that's always a good thing.

# 93 pepp32 @ 09/21/10 05:29 PM
Let us all take a minute to thank the basketball videogame heavens for Visual Concepts. Where would be without 2k11 this year....in basketball oblivion!

# 94 domidomdomz @ 09/21/10 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah33
I think the play you are talking about is @ 2:29. On that play Oden is throwing the pass to a cutting Aldridge which makes more sense. Oden's passing rating is probably low and thats why it was an off pass. It didn't look like it went through his hands, it looked like i went right over his hands.
Yeah. I was going to tell this. I was wondering why they are referring to LA as the passer and Oden being the supposed receiver.

It looked like the ball went over LA's hand to me as well.

# 95 DirtyJerz32 @ 09/21/10 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
Nitpick Alert:

PORTLAND COURT ERROR:

Also the red shades look to be on the pinkish side... Do these art guys watch archival footage to check their work?

I'd work for free, art TEAM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzBkTioow2k&feature=fvsr
Cosign this. I play with the Nets and I can't take watching guys run around in pink shoes on a pink and blue court. Come on man.

# 96 Rocboyz101 @ 09/21/10 05:36 PM
Alot I wasn't really feeling in this video compared to the other ones, all been pointed out though. The bigs souring for rebounds is gonna be aggravating..

# 97 ceej989 @ 09/21/10 05:38 PM
I also can't get over the fact that sometimes the ball looks like it weighs nothing or how it doesn't even touch the floor sometimes.

# 98 oo7Soxs @ 09/21/10 06:04 PM
Really enjoyed watching this video after playing a bit of Elite earlier today. 2K11 looks like the half court offense is an integral part of the game. I noticed in Elite that it is up and down, make a bucket. But even in the 2K demo, that is very is difficult. By the video it looks like running plays reaps the bigger rewards!

# 99 VladCanada @ 09/21/10 06:09 PM
this game looks fantastic! NBA2K7 move over, you've finally been uncrowned.

# 100 blues rocker @ 09/21/10 06:45 PM
video was decent...the problem is that none of those plays he ran actually led to anything...they were all completely ineffective.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.