Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 SDJHood93 @ 09/21/10 06:51 PM
This is pretty sick. Only two weeks away from getting my hands on this game! I am very anxious.

# 102 Mr_Riddick @ 09/21/10 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
video was decent...the problem is that none of those plays he ran actually led to anything...they were all completely ineffective.
Kinda like when they play IRL..

# 103 Boilerbuzz @ 09/21/10 07:07 PM
Quote:
video was decent...the problem is that none of those plays he ran actually led to anything...they were all completely ineffective.
User didn't run them very well, huh?

# 104 Chairman7w @ 09/21/10 07:19 PM
I would imagine the CDs have been pressed long ago, and are packaged up and boxed up and preparing to begin shipping. Manufacturing/handling/shipping is not a fast process most of the time.

I'm guessing the game's been "done" for a while now. Certainly we'll see some patching, but the main build has been done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickz24
2k randomize colors on suits if you're getting this .. esp if its not too late to throw in a quick 4 or 5 additional suit models .. shirt no tie, shirt and tie type deals.. with random colors .. sooner or later though -- you'll have to implement a dress coordination rating ... lol.
Dwade .. 35/100 just playing.

# 105 Vast @ 09/21/10 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oOausarOo
Initiating plays still looks too rigid and stiff to me. I don't like having to move the PG to that tiny isolated spot and it still looks like the PG has to wait a long time before that first pass is made.
Some plays take longer than others to start. Just like real life. In the video, some plays started quickly but the first few plays were more intricate and took longer to develop.
I see no issue here.

And the dude complaining about too many up and unders with Randolph, that was all user controlled.

Nice Video. All i see is the begining of a chessmatch type game between the two teams trying to utilize the tools at their disposal.

I've never felt this about a basketball game before. This year i think they finally hit the nail on the head, and I'm soo psyched.

# 106 Vast @ 09/21/10 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
That just made my day! hahahahahaha!
Can i see the link? I want my day made. lol

# 107 lv2bll @ 09/21/10 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagheri
Im getting tired of hearing the "old build" phrase. No walking animation again in this vid
the same build as the shrug game and the den-orl vid cause ronnie made them all at the same time

# 108 Spartan901 @ 09/21/10 08:47 PM
Actually this was a more recent build. Its true Magic/Nuggets and Heat/Magic and Shrug game were same build, but these last 3 gameplay vids (Grizz/Blazers, Knicks/Sixers, Hawks/Hornets) were more recent and recorded about 3 weeks ago. Ronnie said all this

# 109 youvalss @ 09/21/10 08:57 PM
Quote:
I agree. But in some of them seems like he just lost his patience, and instead waiting for players to move to their spot, he just passed to other players or tried to attack the basket with the guy who had the ball.

# 110 BroMontana82 @ 09/21/10 09:05 PM
seriously, what is wrong with the ball physics and the floaters? look at around 6:40 and the blocked shot. this sort of thing is just so unrealistic and awkward looking. why can't they ever fix it?

# 111 pdx_24 @ 09/21/10 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMontana82
seriously, what is wrong with the ball physics and the floaters? look at around 6:40 and the blocked shot. this sort of thing is just so unrealistic and awkward looking. why can't they ever fix it?
I'm not sure there's anything wrong there. If he hit the ball directly, then yes, that ball should have been flying into the stand. But if he only hit just the side of the ball, then I don't see anything wrong with ball physics there.

# 112 convince @ 09/21/10 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx_24

Gasol is rim level going for that rebound. The crazy vertical for the bigs going for rebounds and block shots really does stick out like a sore thumb. I was thinking once I get the game I would turn down the vertical ratings for all the bigs, but I don't think it's going to help. Normally when dunking and shooting the ball, the vertical of the bigs looks fine. It's just that when they rebound/block shot, it is as though it's already predetermined that they're getting the rebound/block shot (and the animation complies) even if it's way out of their vicinity. This didn't happen much (if at all) in 2K10. I really wish they had just stuck with the rebounding dynamics of 2K10. Hopefully a patch can fix this problem of bigs flying around rebounding and blocking shots that are way out of their area.
Okay look here, this is a bad example. First the basket is closer to us than Gasol. In that same picutre if someone took a three from the corner I'm pretty sure at the top of his vertical his head would be above the the small box over the rim. I guess he would have crazy vertical too right? Look until you can show a pic of these crazy vertical in relation to the rim using the 2K cam. I'm going to say you are wrong. I'm not debating the animation, it did look weird.

# 113 Rocboyz101 @ 09/21/10 09:57 PM
His head is clearly at the rim..

# 114 youvalss @ 09/21/10 09:58 PM
You don't even need to calculate where his head is, just compare his height to the players around him.

# 115 OGKing @ 09/21/10 09:59 PM
You guys sure do LOVE picking out things that doesn't really matter . The game looks splendid, everything is perfect, i hate when people pick out things that you don't even think about while playing the game.

# 116 pdx_24 @ 09/21/10 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by convince
Okay look here, this is a bad example. First the basket is closer to us than Gasol. In that same picutre if someone took a three from the corner I'm pretty sure at the top of his vertical his head would be above the the small box over the rim. I guess he would have crazy vertical too right? Look until you can show a pic of these crazy vertical in relation to the rim using the 2K cam. I'm going to say you are wrong. I'm not debating the animation, it did look weird.
Look where Oden is. Oden is just barely to the side of the basket, right? Gasol reached over to grab the ball that is right above Oden's head. With that in mind, Gasol cannot possibly be too far away from Oden, right? Therefore, Gasol isn't that far from the basket, either.

Without taking angles into account, Gasol is a whole head above the rim. But since we need to take the angles into account, it looks to me like his head is rim-level, or at least very close to me. I thought it was very obvious. Perhaps you should look at the picture a little closer?

# 117 domidomdomz @ 09/21/10 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
You don't even need to calculate where his head is, just compare his height to the players around him.
Same thing on my mind. I was not convinced about this issue before but after seeing that image, it looks like 2K needs to tweek that. It's not biggie for me as long as those skying rebounds won't be executed if someone's bodying or boxing the rebounder out.

# 118 pdx_24 @ 09/21/10 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
The game looks splendid, everything is perfect, i hate when people pick out things that you don't even think about while playing the game.
I agree with you that the game looks splendid. But it's also why when something like that Gasol's rebound occur, it sticks out. And, I totally disagree about "everything (about the game) is perfect", and I'm sure the developers would agree with me there.

# 119 pdx_24 @ 09/21/10 10:12 PM
I'm noticing that the bigs skying for rebounds only happen when in traffic, which is rather odd. You would think it would be much more difficult to jump high and to land when people are around you.

# 120 Rocboyz101 @ 09/21/10 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
You guys sure do LOVE picking out things that doesn't really matter . The game looks splendid, everything is perfect, i hate when people pick out things that you don't even think about while playing the game.
Its a legit gripe, just because it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean everyone falls inline.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.