Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

All right, so I'm just going to post this now to get it out of the way. Next week (Thursday to be exact) I will be going to see NBA 2K11 a final time before the game is released in October. Basically, if anyone remembers past Q&As, I will try to get as many questions as possible answered for all you psychos out there.

I only ask that you don't ask ratings questions, and please no specific accessory questions or stuff along those lines. You can ask about accessories, but don't ask me if Gerald Wallace has all 11 of his armbands/headbands on his body. Stuff relating to Association, online play, gameplay etc. are all accepted and welcomed. I never make guarantees to get all questions answered, but if you look at one of my past NBA 2K Q&As, I do tend to get a lot of them answered.

I will also be talking to the developers, so questions you want answered from their perspective are doable as well.

(Also, I may check in on this thread at various points before next week to ask users to expand or better explain some of their questions. This will only be done if I don't quite understand what they mean/want.)

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 SDJHood93 @ 09/21/10 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Self313
ask if we can actually have a face to our created player models

like Fight Night had.
Hell yeah being able to put our faces on our player would be awesome and definitely make 2K the best basketball video game on the market.

# 62 Canquain @ 09/21/10 10:15 PM
TEAM UP:

Will you be able to play with Classic Teams in a Private Match Team Up?

Will you be able to play with East and West All Star Team in Private Match Team Up?

# 63 syncinatti @ 09/21/10 10:27 PM
Huge Issue ( for me anyway)
When you start an association with created teams and players or export created teams or players from your association, does the faces still revert to default or change completely?

Does the create a team have more jersey and logo options?
Thanx

# 64 oronde2k4 @ 09/21/10 10:34 PM
Will gameplay sliders and difficulty be adjustable within the my player mode and or will the modes gameplay be the same as quick games because it seemed that in 2k10 the my player mode was much easier and less realistic than quick with adjustable slider taking away from the overall experience. For example probably like many others in my first season in my player I was the scoring champ and single handedly won a championship and finals MVP what happened to the talk of working towards being a superstar the only time the mode took effort was the first few games. (drifted off a bit but just trying to be detailed)

# 65 chackett12 @ 09/21/10 10:40 PM
Is there All star weekend?

And if not is blacktop any better?

# 66 Basketball GURU @ 09/21/10 10:45 PM
1.Are the blackout/whiteout in the playoffs??
2. In association-after each season players switch there sig stuff (dunks,layups,etc) ex. dwight howard sig dunks changes to amare's even doe he has his own, is this glitch/bug fixed??
3. Is the lightin for the ps3 fixed in the retail version??
4. Is player/crowd chatter in the ps3 version??

# 67 szyall @ 09/21/10 11:03 PM
1. will there be other old teams from the 90s and 80s other than the ones mj play against?
2. during the Playoffs in Association mode are they going to call out the starting lineup?
3. during a rival game would the commentary talk more about the history between the teams.
4. are you going to be able to play in summer league in Association mode during the off season?

LAST ONE!!!!

5. Since there is a MJ mode is the 92 Dream Team and as well the Redeem Team on the game?

# 68 Basketball GURU @ 09/21/10 11:08 PM
1. Are there sign and trades in association????
2. If a team is doing good in association can ast. coach get offers for a head coaching job from other teams?????

# 69 Tmacattack @ 09/21/10 11:09 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can you port your career mode from NBA 2k10 and continue the career in 2k11?

# 70 Carrington618 @ 09/21/10 11:12 PM
Is there any moves that i can do with an dual shock the i cant with the ps move

# 71 Basketball GURU @ 09/21/10 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmacattack
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can you port your career mode from NBA 2k10 and continue the career in 2k11?
No. they already cleared that up.

# 72 Tmacattack @ 09/21/10 11:37 PM
Thanks. That's really stupid. I don't want to replay an entire season to get to the same point. for that reason alone I'd probably not bother with 2k11.

# 73 DubTrey1 @ 09/21/10 11:46 PM
Will the court colors and shoes be corrected via patch? I.E. any team that has red as the primary or secondary colors looking pink.

Other than that... all other questions on here are covered.

Thanks

# 74 travis297 @ 09/21/10 11:48 PM
Are we going to be able to play with historic teams online?

# 75 JQ1213 @ 09/21/10 11:49 PM
Can you change the quarter length in my player mode? thanx

# 76 domidomdomz @ 09/22/10 12:01 AM
Quote:
Thanks. That's really stupid. I don't want to replay an entire season to get to the same point. for that reason alone I'd probably not bother with 2k11.
They didn't let us port our 2K10 My Players because of the high rated 7'6'' players. And Ronnie mentioned we can import My Player/My Career data from 2K11 to future iterations. But it's too early for me to believe that or we can ask Chase to ask the devs about what Ronnie claimed.

# 77 Spartan901 @ 09/22/10 12:01 AM
Quote:
IMO that would be a really bad to reason to miss out on what could be a great game. And in their defense and as they explained, they didn't allow 2k10 myPlayers to be ported over due to all the players out there with maxed out, lightning fast, 7'6 and so forth, along with them adding many things this year that would need to be experienced from the beginning. But they said the plan is to allow you to carry them over from now on going forward

# 78 Spartan901 @ 09/22/10 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ1213
Can you change the quarter length in my player mode? thanx
This was answered in the insight, and yes you can, along with select difficulty and gamestyle

# 79 hokupguy @ 09/22/10 12:05 AM
is the new magic's "Amway Center" in the game??? And not just the court.

# 80 Spartan901 @ 09/22/10 12:07 AM
As a testament to the job 2k has done with marketing this year and explaining in detail to us so many facets of the game, I find it very difficult to think of questions that haven't already been addressed. Only thing I'm left curious about is whether or not online will work properly, and that really can't be answered until the game is released and all the players hit the servers. But feel free to ask anyway Chase. Im curious to hear 2k's answer

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.