Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

All right, so I'm just going to post this now to get it out of the way. Next week (Thursday to be exact) I will be going to see NBA 2K11 a final time before the game is released in October. Basically, if anyone remembers past Q&As, I will try to get as many questions as possible answered for all you psychos out there.

I only ask that you don't ask ratings questions, and please no specific accessory questions or stuff along those lines. You can ask about accessories, but don't ask me if Gerald Wallace has all 11 of his armbands/headbands on his body. Stuff relating to Association, online play, gameplay etc. are all accepted and welcomed. I never make guarantees to get all questions answered, but if you look at one of my past NBA 2K Q&As, I do tend to get a lot of them answered.

I will also be talking to the developers, so questions you want answered from their perspective are doable as well.

(Also, I may check in on this thread at various points before next week to ask users to expand or better explain some of their questions. This will only be done if I don't quite understand what they mean/want.)

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 pdx_24 @ 09/22/10 12:07 AM
For Online:

1. Can 2 or more human users on the same console co-op to play online? Example: I have 3 of my friends over, can my friends and I (using just my console, obviously) all co-op for an online match or Team Up match?

2. Can we use custom rosters and custom sliders for a Private Match/Team Up Match?

3. Can we Player Lock for a private online match?

Blacktop Mode:

1. Is there some sort of knockout type tournament for the 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3, etc.?

# 82 Suave35 @ 09/22/10 12:09 AM
Will the uniforms, accessories, shoes, gear, be able to be edited?

# 83 CJBEeZy @ 09/22/10 12:35 AM
******MUST KNOW PLEASE****** #1. Accessories - Is Dwight Howards adidas sleeve in the retail version,if not could it be patched in...Also can we "layer accessories" as in medium/short socks "over" calf sleeves and short socks "with" HALF calf sleeve on are CAP. #2. Hairstyles - Is there new hairstyles and is the bleeding problem fixed with the hair coming through the headbands on certain hairstyles,also in 2k10 certain hairstyles where 1 way in the edit menu and a different way when on the court ie.(dreads ponytail with headband looks different when you hit the court). #3. Gameplay Movement - When "dribbling" the ball while holding "turbo" in the 2k11 demo "All the Players" run like a PF/C in Nba2k10 with a "low" ball handling rating, is this true in the retail version (praying its not). #4. Crew Games - Are the cheesers still able to put there 7'5 centers at PG/SG...If this hasnt been fixed can it be patched, becuz being able to do that really kills the mode/experience (How can my 6'5 PG guard a 7'5 C that moves like Derrick Rose X10 lolol).

# 84 Faizon @ 09/22/10 12:49 AM
Give us good news about league play pleaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeee

# 85 Tmacattack @ 09/22/10 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domidomdomz
They didn't let us port our 2K10 My Players because of the high rated 7'6'' players. And Ronnie mentioned we can import My Player/My Career data from 2K11 to future iterations. But it's too early for me to believe that or we can ask Chase to ask the devs about what Ronnie claimed.
Quote:
IMO that would be a really bad to reason to miss out on what could be a great game. And in their defense and as they explained, they didn't allow 2k10 myPlayers to be ported over due to all the players out there with maxed out, lightning fast, 7'6 and so forth, along with them adding many things this year that would need to be experienced from the beginning. But they said the plan is to allow you to carry them over from now on going forward.
Then they could let you continue the career mode. IE: if you're already done 2 seasons, you can start from your 3rd. I played all 82 games on 9 minute quarters with the player. I would rather just continue that career than start from scratch.

# 86 DirtyJerz32 @ 09/22/10 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubTrey1
Will the court colors and shoes be corrected via patch? I.E. any team that has red as the primary or secondary colors looking pink.

Other than that... all other questions on here are covered.

Thanks
I want to know this as well.

# 87 moeism89 @ 09/22/10 01:13 AM
in 2k10 there was little effect in editing a players potential, thus if I went and increased say Brandon Jennings potential rating from 83 to 99, it wouldn't change his progression in association he would still max out at 89 or whatever it was. So could you tell me if you notice an effect when you change a players potential.

Your Time Much Appreciated.

# 88 scatman @ 09/22/10 01:14 AM
Another question I have is will they finally allow/give the user the ability to change home/away sneaker and socks colors?

Example: Chicago might start the season wearing white socks with with sneakers home and away but towards the playoffs, the go for the black socks and black sneakers.

Can they allow the user the ability to change that instead of the control being solely theirs? Like the ability to change the whole teams sneaker and sock appearance w/o having to manually edit every single player.

# 89 moeism89 @ 09/22/10 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeism89
in 2k10 there was little effect in editing a players potential, thus if I went and increased say Brandon Jennings potential rating from 83 to 99, it wouldn't change his progression in association he would still max out at 89 or whatever it was. So could you tell me if you notice an effect when you change a players potential.

Your Time Much Appreciated.
this problem was also evident when you improve a player's potential in the offseason training camp development.

# 90 Cripterion @ 09/22/10 01:20 AM
Hello guys, been following OS for a while and finally decided to join the community.

Used to play 2K10 on xbox360 then switched to PC cause of the mods and considerably better IQ on PC but was disappointed to find out the pc version wasn't identical to the console ones in terms of features.

Will 2K11 PC have :

• Custom arena sounds (If it was for X360 it's totally doable for PC)
  • Reliable online servers
  • Regular patch updates
  • Audio fixed (Ball bouncing, horn and other sounds were either absent in last year 2K game or glitched)
Congrats on 2K sports though for this years great basketball game, I can't go back to 2K10 after playing the 2K11 ps3 demo

# 91 brendonwhite @ 09/22/10 01:24 AM
when will you put up my player videos?

# 92 gottibino @ 09/22/10 01:31 AM
awesome & thanks.
my question is that "are all the Air Jordans in the game available for Jordan brand players to wear or just 'my player'?" THANKS A MIL!

# 93 jakx1115 @ 09/22/10 01:46 AM
will we be able to adjust the shorts to long or medium?

will they end up fixing the calf sleeve bug?

# 94 Cripterion @ 09/22/10 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakx1115
will we be able to adjust the shorts to long or medium?
I'd like to know this as well. Would be nice to edit Ron Artest for that authentic feel.

# 95 STEVENATLARGE @ 09/22/10 02:09 AM
PLEASE ASK: Did they ever consider giving the user the ability to remove the player lock in "MY PLAYER" mode. It seems that some of the achievements would be easier to obtain if you had total control of your team.

# 96 2KAddict4ever @ 09/22/10 02:19 AM
heyy guys new member here, great 2 see all my 2K ppls in here

when i play Association, will i be seein in game STATS for players & teams you know as my season progresses, will i be seeing in game STAT Averages like a REAL broadcast??

i noticed in the DEMO when certain players go to the freethrow line it does show their PPG, FGP & FTP per game Averages for their career & last season (& thats only for a few players)
So i'm wondering if thats all we gonna see?? whats gonna happen to players who are leading the season in STEALS, BLOCKS, REBOUNDS, ASSISTS?? etc...

idk if anyone else cares about this like i do but thats something i really need in the game, without it it always feels like my season is always missing something when i already have a great game smh.

Thats all i'm askin for is MORE DETAILS & IN GAME STATS FOR TEAMS & PLAYER AVERAGES & STANDINGS

well thnx for your time, hopefully you do get back to me on this i cant wait!

# 97 nickelplaydit @ 09/22/10 02:20 AM
Will they have a much more dependable server online?...thats the big question

# 98 cheesecakejesus @ 09/22/10 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
Do white colored accessories actually look white, or are they still gray?
How many flavors of online cheese?

Can you do a bounce pass through a defenders legs.? (Maybe flashy icon pass)

# 99 CJBEeZy @ 09/22/10 02:36 AM
***Can we chose which jersey to wear before each game in Career Mode***

# 100 ABA QontrolZ @ 09/22/10 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBEeZy
******MUST KNOW PLEASE****** #1. Accessories - Is Dwight Howards adidas sleeve in the retail version,if not could it be patched in...Also can we "layer accessories" as in medium/short socks "over" calf sleeves and short socks "with" HALF calf sleeve on are CAP. #2. Hairstyles - Is there new hairstyles and is the bleeding problem fixed with the hair coming through the headbands on certain hairstyles,also in 2k10 certain hairstyles where 1 way in the edit menu and a different way when on the court ie.(dreads ponytail with headband looks different when you hit the court). #3. Gameplay Movement - When "dribbling" the ball while holding "turbo" in the 2k11 demo "All the Players" run like a PF/C in Nba2k10 with a "low" ball handling rating, is this true in the retail version (praying its not). #4. Crew Games - Are the cheesers still able to put there 7'5 centers at PG/SG...If this hasnt been fixed can it be patched, becuz being able to do that really kills the mode/experience (How can my 6'5 PG guard a 7'5 C that moves like Derrick Rose X10 lolol).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.