Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

All right, so I'm just going to post this now to get it out of the way. Next week (Thursday to be exact) I will be going to see NBA 2K11 a final time before the game is released in October. Basically, if anyone remembers past Q&As, I will try to get as many questions as possible answered for all you psychos out there.

I only ask that you don't ask ratings questions, and please no specific accessory questions or stuff along those lines. You can ask about accessories, but don't ask me if Gerald Wallace has all 11 of his armbands/headbands on his body. Stuff relating to Association, online play, gameplay etc. are all accepted and welcomed. I never make guarantees to get all questions answered, but if you look at one of my past NBA 2K Q&As, I do tend to get a lot of them answered.

I will also be talking to the developers, so questions you want answered from their perspective are doable as well.

(Also, I may check in on this thread at various points before next week to ask users to expand or better explain some of their questions. This will only be done if I don't quite understand what they mean/want.)

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 yungflo @ 09/22/10 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
Do white colored accessories actually look white, or are they still gray?
they look grey. (see lebrons headband for example)

# 102 Fabric @ 09/22/10 03:43 AM
Hey, Chase. Great you're doing this again for 2k11

I'm only interested in knowing one thing: What new individual player attributes/tendencies (if any) have been added this year?

And also, are we still able to edit draft classes like in 2k10?

# 103 KyotoCarl @ 09/22/10 04:36 AM
Will the playoffs have playoff stats during the game? How about individual series averages?
For example, someone averages 20.2 ppg in the first round and 23.5 in the second round, will the commentators, or overlays, tell you how his scoring has gone up?

# 104 The Snowman @ 09/22/10 04:44 AM
i wanna know if jordan ages during his career when placing him on any current team? for example, is he going to get to his bald stage overtime in the season?

# 105 seanbarkley @ 09/22/10 05:40 AM
Have they fixed the half-calf sleeve with no sock glitch?
Is MJ calf sleeve available for the rest of the players?
Can we choose accessory colours for home and away games separately?

# 106 JerzeyReign @ 09/22/10 06:39 AM
Hopefully this will not get overlooked among all the accesories questions:

-Has NBA today (to include franchise commentary) been expanded upon?
-Are All-Star teams still driven by overall?
-Will computer teams "hold out" on trading their stars until near ASW? Trade them to contenders? Actually, just CPU trade logic as a whole.
-Check to see if maybe scoring stars still dominate the ball.
-Are assists recorded correctly. I know they fixed it with a patch last year but just want to ensure nothing is messed up this time around.
-Playoff/Big Game crowds. Are they more "Live 10ish". So far it sounds like its better but I'd love to get a more solid answer for the playoff arenas.
-Are you able to exploit mismatches? Sometimes that little guy will handle his own in the post or you have some 7 footer sticking with a speedy point guard. Just wanna know if we can take advantage if the opprotunity presents itself.
-Is running an offense easier to do this year?
-Stat overlays that pertain to the game? Last year every once in awhile you'll see FG% flash below the screen or something like that but they will tell you upcoming games the entire game.

Oh and did dreadlocks make it... ehh... wrong game

Thanks for reading.

# 107 johnprestonevans @ 09/22/10 07:35 AM
Will we see out of town updates on the Scorebug and in highlights at halftime (like NFL2K5 used to do)?

# 108 ataman5 @ 09/22/10 08:28 AM
Is there any chance that controls will be lighter than the demo?

Thx.

# 109 MrMoneyBag Zaye @ 09/22/10 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Self313
ask if we can actually have a face to our created player models

like Fight Night had.
Thats EA sports fam...

# 110 Nerukus @ 09/22/10 09:14 AM
What camera angles are available?
Is the baseline camera back?

# 111 InRodWeTrust @ 09/22/10 10:30 AM
Will teams automatically wear retro/alternate jerseys in some games during association?

# 112 sham242 @ 09/22/10 10:49 AM
How are they ensuring that all online modes will be up and running smoothly with no glitches? Have they hired an outside company to handle their servers?

# 113 portlandblazer @ 09/22/10 11:27 AM
im curious what players are missing from the jordan challenge historic teams. could you please post a list of the players on each of the teams?

if the create a player mode is exactly the same as last year then i can get a head start on re-creating the missing players faces buy taking pics of my caps face sliders from last years game of the missing players on those teams. if the cap mode is different then it wont matter as i will have to start from scratch anyway.

# 114 Guard-ian @ 09/22/10 11:33 AM
Two questions:

- Which are the (if possible, in a specific manner) differences between the distinct Levels (Rookie-Pro-Allstar-Superstar-Hall of Fame) and Gamestyles (Arcade, Default, Sim)?

- Will be there any major upgrade to the online leagues (or at least, online community web features) this year?

Cheers...

# 115 bamalam @ 09/22/10 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandblazer
im curious what players are missing from the jordan challenge historic teams. could you please post a list of the players on each of the teams?

if the create a player mode is exactly the same as last year then i can get a head start on re-creating the missing players faces buy taking pics of my caps face sliders from last years game of the missing players on those teams. if the cap mode is different then it wont matter as i will have to start from scratch anyway.
pb, you do a great job on those CAPs last year, but

i'm praying we get a massive update on the lame CAP system they had last year.

# 116 ThatSacTownKingsFan @ 09/22/10 11:42 AM
Have you somewhat changed the way created white players look?

They looked terrible.

# 117 bonannogiovanni @ 09/22/10 11:50 AM
One simple question:

Are in game saves still in the game?

# 118 michaelairjordan23 @ 09/22/10 12:06 PM
I would like to know about the save game as well.

May be a little unrealistic but after a dunk will the backboard break?

# 119 ryumeijin @ 09/22/10 12:14 PM
can we sim some of the my player games? i mean i want to play multiple seasons of my player but i dont think i would have the time...

# 120 kareem434 @ 09/22/10 01:03 PM
Will there be real contracts in my player mode for rookies and undrafted players and when you become a vet for that matter?

If so will there be cash involved in the contracts?

Can you relocate and or expand in association mode?

Is the substitution glitch(s) fixed?
ex. Your a pg rated ovr 57 on the spurs the rotation suggest you get 2 min a game. The 2 point guards in front of you are an 86 and a 67. Why am I playing 36 min a game?

ex. 2 Your playing for the spurs as a starter. Your team is at home and ahead by 15 in the last 3:00 of the 4th qtr. Why are they playing magical subs with all the starters right down to the last 3 seconds of the game. p.s. if you guy is a ovr 57 bench warmer that should be your time to shine

Does this game now have some type of end game strategy? Trying to get the ball to a certain player, subing in an all free throw team, defenses trying to avoid fouling steve nash and forcing him to give the ball up first before comiting the desperation foul, defenses matching up a taller player on say a kobe bryant to defuse his clutch ablity SOMETHING

Will you get dinged in my player for holding the ball to long while setting up a play as the pg because the computer a.i. executes like Chris Webber with no timeouts

Can you demand that a teamate gets traded or suggest some one to trade for.

Is there something that stops you from comming into a game as a ovr 57 pg and attempt 14 shots in one min?
ex. If your on a team with LBJ, D-Wade, and Bosh theres no way you should be even thinking about taking that many shots unless your wiiiiiidddddeeee open or you should get demoted straight to the D leauge or worse free agency.

If the answer to the last question is yes then is there another way to develop your player while your riding the bench and not taking 32 shots a game? Like oh this might be crazy but 1 to 3 TEAM practices a week. Ah did you say practice were talking about practice not a game but practice prac man com on practice

We already know that fan support is part of the game. So does playing for your hometown team result in a little more love ex LBJ in Clevleand or even leaving the home town team result in some down right disrespect ex LBJ in Clevleand.

After your rookie season with there be any summer basketball left or olympic type of games you could possibly compete in because this summer was big for hoop fans.

My last question and something that frustrated me most about finishing a 2k10 my player season. Can you at least evaluate your next potential team and there roster before you have to decide the future.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.