Home
EA Sports MMA News Post

Video features gameplay of a fight between Dan Henderson and Mayhem Miller and an interview with Jason Barnes.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/22/10 02:14 PM
Pretty good interview, I like the fact that you can't create super characters by them limiting you on how many moves you can learn. So out of 27, you can only learn 16. Great idea IMO

# 2 Phobia @ 09/22/10 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Pretty good interview, I like the fact that you can't create super characters by them limiting you on how many moves you can learn. So out of 27, you can only learn 16. Great idea IMO

I love this idea. I HATED how ufc2010 made you learn every little move. Dozens of moves every amateur fighter should know. Yet we are having to create guys as if they just came out the womb.

This system brings more realism to the genre. So you come in with knowledge of most moves but you can learn special moves such as spinning back fist. This plays more how the real world of learning moves would work. If you want to learn the great take down wouldn't you go to GSP's camp or if you wanted to learn the gogoplata learn it from Aoki.

# 3 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/22/10 02:47 PM
Yeah when UFC 2010 1st announced training camps I thought it would be awesome. But when I got to play it, it was a huge mess because all the camps, 98% of the moves were the same.

And I too didn't like the fact you had to learn basic crap like punching, kicking, takedowns. Those things should already be in your knowledge of how to do.

Doing advanced moves of said moves is different. Like learning how to do a single leg, leg trip, roundhouse kick, inside leg kick, throwing elbows, submission moves etc.
But the stuff UFC 2010 made you do to get to the advance moves was a huge time waste.

This way is much better. If you want to be a ground fighter, then you got to go to the BJJ camp and being your limit is 16, you won't have time to be great in every discipline. Because naturally one would want to learn 10 things at the BJJ camp if they are a ground guy, then use the other 6 slots on stand up.

So the way I see it is in this game you can be great in only one discipline, good in another, but just be average in the rest. Since you can only learn 16 out of 27 moves. To me that is more realistic.

Since no figther in real life is great in everything, they only great in one thing, good at another, but average in everything else.

For examples:

Anderson Silva - great in striking, good in bjj, but average in takedowns & takedown defense

Matt Hughes - great in takedowns & takedown defense, good in bjj, but average in striking

GSP - great in takedowns & takedown defense, good in striking, but average in BJJ

# 4 Phobia @ 09/22/10 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah when UFC 2010 1st announced training camps I thought it would be awesome. But when I got to play it, it was a huge mess because all the camps, 98% of the moves were the same.

And I too didn't like the fact you had to learn basic crap like punching, kicking, takedowns. Those things should already be in your knowledge of how to do.

Doing advanced moves of said moves is different. Like learning how to do a single leg, leg trip, roundhouse kick, inside leg kick, throwing elbows, submission moves etc.
But the stuff UFC 2010 made you do to get to the advance moves was a huge time waste.

This way is much better. If you want to be a ground fighter, then you got to go to the BJJ camp and being your limit is 16, you won't have time to be great in every discipline. Because naturally one would want to learn 10 things at the BJJ camp if they are a ground guy, then use the other 6 slots on stand up.

So the way I see it is in this game you can be great in only one discipline, good in another, but just be average in the rest. Since you can only learn 16 out of 27 moves. To me that is more realistic.

Since no figther in real life is great in everything, they only great in one thing, good at another, but average in everything else.

For examples:

Anderson Silva - great in striking, good in bjj, but average in takedowns & takedown defense

Matt Hughes - great in takedowns & takedown defense, good in bjj, but average in striking

GSP - great in takedowns & takedown defense, good in striking, but average in BJJ
Great analogy and I completely agree!! It should have that APF type "Build your team" approach. Where you have limited slots to design your fighter. You could specialize in a certain area like striking and put most your moves into that form and leave yourself vulnerable in other areas such as submission defense. You could distribute your moves equal and make a well rounded fighter who is great in no area but decent in every facet of the game.

This kind of strengths and weaknesses approach is what made team building so addicting and fun to play in APF. I hope EA MMA does it in similar fashion.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.