Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

OS will be at the NBA 2K11 launch party in New York City at the famous Hudson Terrace tomorrow night! We have both Steve Bartlett and Mike Carraggi attending the event tomorrow night! The party will be packed with several NBA players, celebrities and musical guests. This is usually a big event and 2K is promising this year's event should be pretty eventful.

We will get the opportunity to interview Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo, Russell Westbrook, Andre Iguodala and Josh Smith, among other people. So if you want to get a question answered, be sure to leave a line here or by tweeting Steve Bartlett @Hurricane414.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 JAY_D1 @ 09/24/10 12:17 AM
nah, one of my ppl attendin it said somethin about it and i thought he was playin until Iggy tweeted about them not givin free games away...cause he did tht last year....

ugh

# 42 Goffs @ 09/24/10 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1
nah, one of my ppl attendin it said somethin about it and i thought he was playin until Iggy tweeted about them not givin free games away...cause he did tht last year....

ugh
good! now they will have to wait and suffer like the rest of us!

# 43 ILLCHILL @ 09/24/10 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Ask Rondo did he work on his shooting this off season
Hey guys, Mike Carraggi here. On the bus back from the party now. 97% sure Steve is either dead or sleeping. I'm not too far off, but I'm going to try to hammer a couple of these questions out while I still have consciousness. Keep in my mind, while I was there, I went officially for The Boston Globe so Steve and I sort of did separate topics when talking to people.

I'll start with this one: Yea Jukeman, asked Rondo what he was up to in the offseason and what part of game he worked on the most, trying to bait him into a free throw answer or something. He didn't bite, just said he worked hard all-around.

# 44 ILLCHILL @ 09/24/10 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbinaa22
Hey it's not really a Q but can any1 post some Houston rockets gameplay please thanks and hope u guys have a blast at the party, and great radio show today 2k11 is amazing this year
hey thanks alot, had a great time. Nah, no Rockets gameplay. Most people jetted to the C's, Lakers, Bulls, or Heat.

# 45 ILLCHILL @ 09/24/10 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VesperKid
To Rajon : 2nd ring this year?
Said that's his main, main goal. He also said "I'm kind of a veteran, but not really because of the team I'm on."

# 46 ILLCHILL @ 09/24/10 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
How involved was MJ in the MJ challenge process? Was his name just attached or did he have some input? Ie how his jumper looked in his 86 stage, going up to the 98 stage. Or even the events that were chosen to be a part of the challenge. I remember some developers talking and having input, but Did MJ ever sit down and go about that process?
Literaly everything MJ related had to pass by MJ himself, and he has a huge hand in everything, according to someone who was the lead marketer I believe. I'll re-listen to the interviews and post it tomorrow or Saturday after work.

# 47 SBartlett @ 09/24/10 06:22 AM
Hey guys,

Steve Bartlett here from OS also known as @Hurricane414. Hectic trip. Just got back from NYC to home in Boston right now. I didn't have much time on the game nor did I get a copy. I did speak with both Rondo and Westbrook, and developer Rob Jones in-depth one-on-one for a good while. I am going to transcribe that and piece a story together with some good info on their game play development process. I will address some of the questions you guys have up here as well....after I sleep!

# 48 seanbarkley @ 09/24/10 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBartlett
Hey guys,

Steve Bartlett here from OS also known as @Hurricane414. Hectic trip. Just got back from NYC to home in Boston right now. I didn't have much time on the game nor did I get a copy. I did speak with both Rondo and Westbrook, and developer Rob Jones in-depth one-on-one for a good while. I am going to transcribe that and piece a story together with some good info on their game play development process. I will address some of the questions you guys have up here as well....after I sleep!
Something new about the calf sleeve glitch, do u know if it has been fixed?
Have you checked custom soundtracks?Any new addition?

# 49 turftickler @ 09/24/10 08:52 AM
Did the Online Main Lobby make a comeback in NBA 2k11?

# 50 NYYanks26 @ 09/24/10 09:12 AM
So anyone know if they handed out X360 copies? I know they handed PS3 copies out to a select few.

# 51 JQ1213 @ 09/24/10 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chukcym34
I want to know will there be more Jordan Challenges and Classic Teams as DLC?
I hope they do and why is Charles Barkley never in any games? I wouldve loved to play with the 93 Phoenix team.

# 52 SageInfinite @ 09/24/10 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYanks26
So anyone know if they handed out X360 copies? I know they handed PS3 copies out to a select few.
All they had were like 4 PS3's setup with the game on it. I didn't see anyone with Xbox copies and no xbox's or xbox copies of the game were on display.

# 53 jeebs9 @ 09/24/10 11:29 AM
How was the party overall though?

# 54 SageInfinite @ 09/24/10 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
How was the party overall though?
Definitely a really well put together event imo. Real Hiphop performances.

# 55 Boilerbuzz @ 09/24/10 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Definitely a really well put together event imo. Real Hiphop performances.
Did you get a chance to play?

# 56 youvalss @ 09/24/10 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
Something new about the calf sleeve glitch, do u know if it has been fixed?
This is like a top secret, no one says a word about it. I guess we'll know on Oct. 5 ( though I doubt it was fixed).

# 57 SageInfinite @ 09/24/10 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Did you get a chance to play?
Yea I played, but only head to head matches. Played some drunk chicks, lol. I only got to played towards the end of the evening. Most of the time the ball players and rappers were on the sticks.

# 58 gottibino @ 09/24/10 11:43 AM
I was wondering since all the Jordans (1-23) are available in 'my player', are they also available for Jordan brand NBA guys too in association mode??? (fingers crossed)

# 59 Mintsa @ 09/24/10 11:49 AM
Quote:
All they had were like 4 PS3's setup with the game on it. I didn't see anyone with Xbox copies and no xbox's or xbox copies of the game were on display.

Weird that there was no xbox presence ??

Was this like a 2k/sony event ???

# 60 ifriedrice @ 09/24/10 12:01 PM
Quote:
Did you get a chance to check if the courts had the reflections from the overhead lighting? In the demos, only the XBox had that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.