Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 LeBronistheKing @ 09/26/10 01:28 PM
If we can't edit shorts length I am gonna be a little disappointed. Stockton and Hornacek in baggy shorts is just wrong just all wrong.

# 22 lakewayking @ 09/26/10 01:38 PM
the 90s teams shorts need to be patched asap.. theres no excuse for this

# 23 lakewayking @ 09/26/10 01:50 PM
^ if u go thru the trouble to give the players all that..then atleast give them the right shorts.. 90's jordan doesnt even have the correct shorts on

classic teams do NOT look authentic with those shorts.

# 24 Goffs @ 09/26/10 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
Wait, so they sign the players, accurately recreate the models, give them sig freethrows and multiple sig shots and because the shorts are longer than you'd like then its "all just a hype"?

No appreciation at all.
dont mind him he got a thread locked about not being hyped at all and yet he's talking about hype...smh

looks like the whole bench for Utah is all generics...gotta start lookng for pics of the missing players...time to create them for the 360 version

PC version should be easier thanks to the modders...short shorts and accurate player faces

# 25 elprez98 @ 09/26/10 01:51 PM
Hey to young to remember NBA Fans,

I'll agree that Stockton's shorts were always shorter than everyone else.

However, I do believe the NBA short lengths were changed in the 1991-92 or 92-93 season. Adam Keefe wasn't drafted until 1992, so this isn't the earliest 90's team where everyone wore short shorts. I'm not saying they are accurate, but I am saying that the trend was changing around that time.

# 26 The Fight @ 09/26/10 01:54 PM
A couple of things.

1. the Lead passing system is fine. the play execution was just bad.
2. there's still no one crashing the boards particular hard. Scola was basically a log out there.
3. GREAT TO SEE STOCKTON IDENTIFY THE MIS-MATCH AND TRY TO GET THE FOUL BY ATTACKING THE BASKET! The spacing was perfect for that also.

*side note, could someone show off all the camera angles in the game. I am a 2K camera angle lifer I just want to see how it looks in 2k11

# 27 The 24th Letter @ 09/26/10 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fight
A couple of things.

1. the Lead passing system is fine. the play execution was just bad.
2. there's still no one crashing the boards particular hard. Scola was basically a log out there.
3. GREAT TO SEE STOCKTON IDENTIFY THE MIS-MATCH AND TRY TO GET THE FOUL BY ATTACKING THE BASKET! The spacing was perfect for that also.

*side note, could someone show off all the camera angles in the game. I am a 2K camera angle lifer I just want to see how it looks in 2k11
Yep, this was awesome.

# 28 elprez98 @ 09/26/10 01:57 PM
And I just noticed Bryon Russell is in so this is the '97 or '98 team. By that time almost everyone in the NBA had made the switch to baggy shorts.

# 29 Goffs @ 09/26/10 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
And I just noticed Bryon Russell is in so this is the '97 or '98 team. By that time almost everyone in the NBA had made the switch to baggy shorts.
good point...though i wish they gave us the option to give individual players short length

# 30 lakewayking @ 09/26/10 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98

no, not even close... 90s shorts were no where near this long and baggy. peep the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoioWTPQ3VE

# 31 Keython-2 @ 09/26/10 02:07 PM
Whoever is playing this sucks!!!!!! The is nooooice, but the user needs practice.

# 32 jhawk826 @ 09/26/10 02:10 PM
Some of you guys complain about everything. If shorts and a generic bench is that much of an issue to you, upgrade your PC and get 2K11. The modding community is great and they have been doing this for years with specific courts, uniforms right down to the correct color blocking on sneakers (something that 2K has been terrible at).

# 33 Keython-2 @ 09/26/10 02:11 PM
The game is noooice

# 34 CMH @ 09/26/10 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fight
Yes, definitely a positive thing.

Unfortunately, the player was horrible at defense (and offense). Karl Malone hardly touched the ball and I'm going to say it is because the Jazz were too busy taking care of the mismatches and poor defensive set ups.

The Jazz were out there running because they had several transition opportunities and the player made Russell look like a superstar wing man.

Sometimes I wonder if the complaints about the CPU not running team specific plays is mostly because people don't give the CPU a chance.

# 35 tcnumba10 @ 09/26/10 02:17 PM
Didn't like the fact that the CPU never ran the pick n roll/pop with Stockton and Malone

# 36 Boilerbuzz @ 09/26/10 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatness23
2k has plenty of resources to add things to the game without breaking a sweat.
This is just pure and utter ignorance.

Quote:
No one is unappreciative. You act like Mike Wang is your dad and we are like your mean classmates that are making fun of him.

We just want the right shorts
And you act like it's a crime that not every detail is in the game. Jesus is saying to at least appreciate the details that ARE in the game instead of cry about details that do not impact gameplay. It's one thing to note it because the point is valid. It's another to sit there and cry about. Then to make statements about how VC shouldn't have had to "break a sweat" to do it is ignorant.

# 37 CMH @ 09/26/10 02:32 PM
All right, that's enough of the back and forth on that topic.

Some people wants short shorts. Some people don't care.

Lets respect both opinions and move on.

# 38 tracyllrkn @ 09/26/10 02:33 PM
This was probably on Sim, and he tried to play like it was Pro. So that's probably why there were to many turnovers.

# 39 phant030 @ 09/26/10 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyllrkn
This was probably on Sim, and he tried to play like it was Pro. So that's probably why there were to many turnovers.
His turnovers were him trying to force the ball. Things that he could get away with in previous games. I dont think the amount of turnovers is alarming b/c he made poor passes, simple as that. Nothing about the game, no slider adjustments, no difficulty level, nothing about realistic stats....just poor play. What happened should have happened.

# 40 NINJAK2 @ 09/26/10 02:38 PM
Quote:
No one is unappreciative. You act like Mike Wang is your dad and we are like your mean classmates that are making fun of him.

We just want the right shorts
Classic teams can be fully edited by the user this year. I don't know if shorts is included but hopefully for your sake and many others it is. For those complaining about generic benches you can try and edit the models yourselves as well. It is no easy (or cheap) task to get all former players into a game. If some scrub asks for crazy jack to use his model in game you have to make economical decisions to see if that is worth it. Who knows how much they had to shell out just to use MJ.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.