Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Peter Moore just confirmed NBA Elite 11's delay on his blog:

Quote:
Over the past three years, EA SPORTS development teams have had a laser focus on creating titles packed with innovation and unsurpassed quality. The acclaim from fans and critics on most of our titles the past few years makes us proud and it also motivates us to keep getting better.

This year, we set extremely ambitious goals for our new franchise, NBA ELITE. We are creating a game that will introduce several breakthrough features that have been missing from the basketball genre. Unfortunately, NBA ELITE 11 is not yet ready and we have made a decision to delay next month’s launch. We are going to keep working until we’re certain we can deliver a breakthrough basketball experience.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 541 yungflo @ 10/12/10 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomriddle
you guys want to know the dirty secret of this whole mess for EA?

NBA2K11 killed Elite 11

I never realized it before.. because at first, it seemed like news by itself

but once I started hearing reports of how NBA2K11 was trending non-stop for a week on twitter.. that alone told me the story of why EA did this

Twitter is so powerful right now because it gives you the pulse of the world.. it's hard enough to trend hourly, daily... but to trend for an entire week means *EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD* is talking about it

110% the heads at EA are as technologically connected as anyone and they saw this, they saw this absolute avalanche going on for 2k sports and NBA2K11 that they did the unthinkable, "Delay Elite 11" a week before it's street date

something unheard of

why? the power of trending/twitter.. specifically, the fact that a video game of all things was trending, something that is EXTREMELY RARE...

Bottom Line: NBA2K11 killed Elite 11
or maybe that hard8times thing was treading on twitter too lol.

# 542 Lucky912 @ 10/12/10 08:06 PM
Please release NBA Elite 11 and don't just skip ahead to Elite 12. I was looking forward to getting the game I actually went out and bought a new console in anticipation(my old 360 died last Feb). Then I heard about the delay I was disappointed and I ended up getting 2k11 and BF:BC2. I'm still hoping this game drops in the 1st Q of next year I want to play it and give feedback for Elite 12.

# 543 DJ @ 10/12/10 09:03 PM
Quote:

NBA2K11 killed Elite 11

but once I started hearing reports of how NBA2K11 was trending non-stop for a week on twitter.. that alone told me the story of why EA did this

Twitter is so powerful right now because it gives you the pulse of the world.. it's hard enough to trend hourly, daily... but to trend for an entire week means *EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD* is talking about it

110% the heads at EA are as technologically connected as anyone and they saw this, they saw this absolute avalanche going on for 2k sports and NBA2K11 that they did the unthinkable, "Delay Elite 11" a week before it's street date

something unheard of

why? the power of trending/twitter.. specifically, the fact that a video game of all things was trending, something that is EXTREMELY RARE...

I don't think that had anything to do with it.

Randy Orton has been the top-trending topic on Twitter several times following an episode of RAW or pay-per-views. Has that led to any increase in ratings or PPV buys for WWE? No.

So, I don't think that just because NBA 2K11 was a hot topic on Twitter that people at EA freaked and decided to postpone its game. The fact of the matter is that Elite wasn't a fully finished product; EA tried its best to get us to believe that Elite was ready but once the demo dropped, it was clear there was still much work to be done.

# 544 CX1329 @ 10/12/10 11:27 PM
We need to hope for Elite 12 to be just as good as NBA 2K12, as it's always a good thing for the market to have as many good basketball games as possible. I do wish we could still choose between two NBA sims, two College basketball sims, and two streetball titles (EA's NBA Street and Midway's NBA Ballers). In fact, I REALLY miss being able to play College basketball and streetball. Playing nothing but one NBA game all season is going to get boring, even with the amount of features it offers.

# 545 yungflo @ 10/13/10 07:13 AM
Quote:

NBA2K11 killed Elite 11

something unheard of

not really, its because as much as everyone hates to admit it, but game reviews mean a whole lot and have a whole lot of influence.
Quote:
EA's shares fell some 6% as some less than favourable reviews of Danger Close and DICE's Afghanistan-set first person shooter begin to hit.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1127697p1.html

if this game came out, it would have gotten a 5 or 6

# 546 wardn32 @ 10/14/10 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky912
Please release NBA Elite 11 and don't just skip ahead to Elite 12. I was looking forward to getting the game I actually went out and bought a new console in anticipation(my old 360 died last Feb). Then I heard about the delay I was disappointed and I ended up getting 2k11 and BF:BC2. I'm still hoping this game drops in the 1st Q of next year I want to play it and give feedback for Elite 12.
I just played the Version of NBA Elite 11 that was going to be released to the public and it's a good thing they delayed it. The control over the players feels like crap compared to 2k11, the mid air collisions lead to some very strange animations. Graphics on the cut scenes were pretty good, along with the crowd but the overall feel of the game that was to be released was overall bad. They really need to cancel the game and wait until 2012 because I am not sure they can fix this before the NBA season is pretty much over.

# 547 jbrew2411 @ 10/24/10 06:53 PM
Nice to see EA not ship a broke game. I wish they would do the same for some of their other games. I'm looking at you Madden and NCAA Football teams.

# 548 DustinT @ 10/24/10 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Nice to see EA not ship a broke game. I wish they would do the same for some of their other games. I'm looking at you Madden and NCAA Football teams.
NCAA 11 is far from broken.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.