Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Peter Moore just confirmed NBA Elite 11's delay on his blog:

Quote:
Over the past three years, EA SPORTS development teams have had a laser focus on creating titles packed with innovation and unsurpassed quality. The acclaim from fans and critics on most of our titles the past few years makes us proud and it also motivates us to keep getting better.

This year, we set extremely ambitious goals for our new franchise, NBA ELITE. We are creating a game that will introduce several breakthrough features that have been missing from the basketball genre. Unfortunately, NBA ELITE 11 is not yet ready and we have made a decision to delay next month’s launch. We are going to keep working until we’re certain we can deliver a breakthrough basketball experience.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 da ThRONe @ 09/27/10 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Great news!!! Better Late than incomplete.....I know they better really push the visuals beyond NBA Live 10 and tweak those controls....Because the attempt was decent, just fell short, real short!!!

Win us back, EA because at the moment I'm not a happy camper! But this announcement, kind of made me smile and rejoice!!! rEAnimator and company listened to our cries.

2 thumbs up for updating Live 10 too, I hope the player models in the DNA updates actually look like themselves instead of generic models.
Agreed. I rather wait another 4-5 months and get a game I can really like instead of getting one now I hate and having to wait 12 months for some redemption. I wasnt buying Elite based on what I saw they may make a sell out of me when next week release was a definite no.

# 62 23 @ 09/27/10 06:57 PM
Honestly, go back to Live 10 and fix it up the right way. Do it honest

# 63 jordankobewade7 @ 09/27/10 06:57 PM
This is the most exciting nba elite news to hit the wire yet!now they've got me excited...but now this is cutting into nba elite 12s time,how will this work??I guess they just take it out of their vacation time and go right into 12...tsk tsk tsk,nonetheless I think I'm gonna purchase it if they can show they've made good use of this unspecified amount of extra time....

# 64 ataman5 @ 09/27/10 06:57 PM
Bravo EA. That's definitely a great move and i hope you'll be a competitor in basketball game industry so we'll see much better games on both sides.

Great to hear that.

# 65 HustlinOwl @ 09/27/10 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Honestly, go back to Live 10 and fix it up the right way. Do it honest
Patch NCAA basketball and do right by me

# 66 ataman5 @ 09/27/10 06:58 PM
Bravo EA. That's definitely a great move and i hope you'll be a competitor in basketball game industry so we'll see much better games on both sides.

Great to hear that.

# 67 Rocboyz101 @ 09/27/10 06:59 PM
Ea making a great decision here. I seriously respect them for this.

# 68 pdawg17 @ 09/27/10 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe24-
How do you know 2k11 needs patches? Do you have the game?....Didn't think so.
LOL...what game doesn't need a patch these days? Isn't there already a patch wishlist thread over there?

# 69 Ermolli @ 09/27/10 06:59 PM
Good choise by EA. Does this mean they'll still do Elite 11 or they'll start developing Elite 12?

# 70 BEARYChi @ 09/27/10 06:59 PM
WHAT about NBA JAM? they should put it in the Maketplace at least.

# 71 SDJHood93 @ 09/27/10 07:00 PM
Pretty nice move considering that they'll be crushed in sells anyhow. This gives them more time though to pay attention to feed back and actually do something about their game.

# 72 coolcras7 @ 09/27/10 07:00 PM
Hopefully EA also changes their philosophy on what makes a NBA simulation that was the problem in the first place fixing the glitched wont matter if the gameplay just does not work.

# 73 MiNiDiTkA @ 09/27/10 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflash83
There actually hasn't been a date set to NBA JAM yet. The Wii version will still come out next week but the PS3 and 360 versions have only been announced as standalone titles with no specific date.

When more info comes out about this I will let all of you know.
What I'm wondering is it going to be the same as the free version or will it now contain the modes from the Wii version?

# 74 cree ross @ 09/27/10 07:01 PM
ea did it before madden 96 or 97

# 75 cepwin @ 09/27/10 07:02 PM
Given all the negative comments about this game (I haven't played the demo so I can only base stuff on what I've been hearing) it's sensible on their part...wait until you have something that folks want to buy...the way it was looking sales would have been dismal.

# 76 Epiffani @ 09/27/10 07:02 PM
Absolute no brainer if I had ever seen one. The backlash was only going to get worse as a good portion of reviewers and consumers alike would have begun to pan the game for its myriad of flaws. EA's reputation when it comes to this series may not be the best as is, but I firmly believe that it would have gotten that much worse if 'Elite' was released to the public as is. From comments on various message boards, to the youtube ratings of all of the gameplay videos that were posted, majority of the people have 'spoken' and they've 'spoken' loudly in their distaste for this game. I can imagine that it may be disappointing for those who were actually looking forward to the retail game, but some things must be done to save face, and ultimately, save a franchise in peril as is. I personally thought the game was a complete mess and it's nice to see that they listened to the feedback on this one. Hopefully they can get their strategy together and exert it more efficiently which would leave us with a much better product (hard to do anything, but go up from what I played in the demo) because this year has been an absolute disaster with this title. From the multiple failed blogs, to the short clips that were suppose to be showcasing the game, but did anything but, all the way to the infamous demo, which brings up all types of other issues.

And who knows, now since Moore has alluded to Live 10, and how they'll be supporting that game now, maybe they, in some facet, recognize the error in their ways, and will now build upon that game strengths for the next iteration in 12, and that's exactly what a lot of people are calling and asking for them to do alongside of respecting and implementing tons of user feedback that has been ask for for years and running.

EA was assertive, and in many ways cocky with the way they went about this game. From earlier previews, they made it seem as if everyone would be falling over themselves in love with the "total control" and "real time physics" and the game largely, had the exact opposite effect on people; maybe something like this will humble them, and show them that you can't just force anything (and I mean anything in Elite's case) on people and expect them to enjoy it just because you (any person who have a personal investment in making the game) says that its great. I was told as a consumer that I was pretty much blind by everything that I was seeing prior to playing the game (ya gotta "feel" it, feel me?) and after playing it, and "feeling it" it only reinforce everything that I saw in prior videos, and it was kind of a slap in the face to be told otherwise.

On a brighter side, for those who were asking for NBA Jam to be released solo through PSN and Xbox Live will undoubtedly get your wish .

# 77 Tomba @ 09/27/10 07:02 PM
I just got the call from gamestop!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 78 HoosierDaddy @ 09/27/10 07:02 PM
please keep 2K out of this thread. This is the NBA Elite forums. Thanks!

# 79 da ThRONe @ 09/27/10 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Great move by EA! Finally a company realizes that their product isn't ready and delays the release. This is a momentous day in sports video gaming!
fixed.

This kind of thing happens all the time in video gaming just not the sports title.

# 80 NASIR2385 @ 09/27/10 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe24-
How is it a great move by EA, when the game is delayed 2011... games delayed doesn't nescarrilely make the game better....I don't think people will be thinking about buying a basketball game in januaray in 2011.... idk i think it was a bad move....cause now more customers will be buying 2k11
totally agree with you man. i don't understand how this is a "great" move either. people are going to understand that one day that loyalty can hurt you sometimes.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.