Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Note from Chris: Unfortunately, without warning, EA's PR Department decided to inform us that the Elite guys will not be coming on tonight. This was a decision made solely by PR.

It is regretful that the PR department at EA Sports doesn't consider the largest collection of hardcore sports gaming fans on the internet worth their time to give an explanation to and we hope it's not a sign of future things to come from EA.

I want to think rEAnimator and crew for being more than willing to come on. You guys are a class act all the way through and through. Being willing, in the face of extreme skepticism and backlash among sports gamers to come onto the show and explain your side of the story is both honorable and commendable. If we could only get the PR department for your company to have half as much fortitude as you guys, you might have a stand-up company.

Thanks to our listeners who have tuned in to the show over the past few weeks. We'll have more guys on the show at some point as we go forward. Information on upcoming shows is still TBA, but we look forward to having some exciting guests on the show!!

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 NASIR2385 @ 09/29/10 06:42 PM
definetly saw this coming. At the end of the day EA has to save face and protect there brand at all cost. Def want to thank the devs for taking the heat & not jumping out much respect and love to yoyu guys.

# 42 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/29/10 06:43 PM
well like any other business.....there is a structure of command.

You have your global chief.....

Then national person

Regional person

district person

then individiual head of that local building, office or studio person

Then you have the people who work in that local area.

All that being said....regional and district level people don't get involved into the day to day stuff of one particular studio or office. Like me.....for my company, I am regional level, New York to Maine is my kingdom.

I get bi-weekly status reports from all the district heads in my area, which is about 10 district heads. They get their reports from the local level offices, which in total is about 487 offices.

99% of the time, I don't have contact with local level people. Don't interact with them, too many of them. However I report to national. Any and every PR mistake goes to national, and they come crashing down on me if it is in my region. Then I come crashing down on the district head whose district it happened in, they in turn crash down on that office that messed up.

So it pretty much goes like that. For the company I work for, no way in the world would we ever let somebody on the local level speak on behalf of the company. That is why companies have spokesmen and spokeswomen for.

And usually, majority of the time, they are accompanied by the company lawyers. Because what ever is said, it goes on public record and the company as a whole is held liable for it.

So in a nutshell it all comes down to liability issues.

# 43 23 @ 09/29/10 06:54 PM
You know whats sad about this entire discussion

All of that over a basketball video game

# 44 hokupguy @ 09/29/10 07:33 PM
something else ea post ponded till 2011, sorry i could help. Would like a show with the 2k folks instead.

# 45 dtharp12 @ 09/29/10 07:37 PM
dang, was looking forward to some info on NBA Jam. Live/Elite was not worth buying even with Jam thrown in to entice me away from 2K. However, a full-blown Jam or a XBLA version would interest me.

I was really expecting EA to save some face here and let their customers know what the plan was going forward, much respect to the individuals willing to come on the air and face the firing squad. I hate that a labor of love for those guys is struggling, and hate it more that their corporate folks got in the way of another good thing.

# 46 rEAnimator @ 09/29/10 07:43 PM
Hey guys, sorry about all this.

With all that's happened in the last few days there was a little confusion, and the decision to not continue with the radio show wasn't communicated to me in time.

I was really looking forward to the discussions, but with the plans for Elite not yet being finalized, going on the radio show wasn't a good idea.

Communicating publicly in the current climate is way above my pay grade

I hope to get a chance to do it again once our plans have been decided on and communicated through the proper channels.

Until then, I'm sure the activity on this particular forum will start to slow down.

I'm working hard to help formulate our plan of attack, and have some time off booked as well.

Since things are up in the air, I'm going to step away for a bit and reflect on everything that's happened.

I'll still be reading, and if you want to PM me I'll still be here.

I hope to see things pick up again once the dust has settled.

# 47 Blak_Baki_Hanma @ 09/29/10 07:59 PM
My blog speaks the truth... but I get ripped for it by those who simply don't know any better.
Props to rEAnimator for all the communication... but your company is soooo disinterested in the sim gamer it's sickening.

# 48 ultralow @ 09/29/10 08:05 PM
Ow bro enjoy your time off......peace..^^••^^

# 49 cepwin @ 09/29/10 08:32 PM
It's too bad...it would have been, in my opinion, good PR for the devs to come on and explain what the status is. Unfortunately often the "suits" are out of touch..especially compared with the devs who do try to keep a pulse on the community. While I love NHL 11 and FIFA 11 I do feel EA has done things like this and the unpopular "on line pass" (at the suit level) that makes the company seem less fan friendly. I will be listening (usually in podcast format) to tonight's show if you do one and to future shows as I find your shows very informative. Even though I'm not planning on getting an NBA game this year I found last week's show fascinating listening. Keep up the good work with both the show and of course this site!!

# 50 ogtae1 @ 09/29/10 09:05 PM
I don't care what you guys don't get it right and come out faster i love EA and Live10. Come back 2k fans i'll always be here for you you guys,make be the best. Change the name back to live11,Or Hire me,I Love basketball and games. Love Live EA 4ever.

# 51 UntilTheNxtRnd @ 09/29/10 10:26 PM
The devs got balls for coming onto the show and explaining their side. I'm a mod on EA Fight Night and the Devs come on plenty of times and I never take for granted they coming on to speak with us. I should of known this wasn't going to happen but props to the devs for wanting to come on and props to OS for trying to pull it off

# 52 welcome2jungle @ 09/30/10 12:56 AM
i guess michael jordan still got that effect. they fear him on the court now they fear him in videogame market.. after reading this i truely believe that jordan being on that cover and the game 2k installed major fear into Nba Elite 11.. Nba Elite devs should of came on cause honestly you have to accept success & failure thats a part of life.. After these moves including cancelling nba elite 11,cancelling ncaa basketball 11,putting sub par madden and charging 10 bucks for a code.. i am officially not supporting anything with a EA logo on it until i see change for the better... BUT much respect to rEAnimator he seems too care about us as gamers.. I like his attitude

# 53 mvb34 @ 09/30/10 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcome2jungle
i guess michael jordan still got that effect. they fear him on the court now they fear him in videogame market.. after reading this i truely believe that jordan being on that cover and the game 2k installed major fear into Nba Elite 11.. Nba Elite devs should of came on cause honestly you have to accept success & failure thats a part of life.. After these moves including cancelling nba elite 11,cancelling ncaa basketball 11,putting sub par madden and charging 10 bucks for a code.. i am officially not supporting anything with a EA logo on it until i see change for the better... BUT much respect to rEAnimator he seems too care about us as gamers.. I like his attitude
Get off MJs jock!! He nothing to do with the "delay" The gaming public did..

# 54 champsbasketball @ 09/30/10 12:48 PM
big ups to rEAnimator and stepsix for everything and i know you guys will make this wait worth it.

# 55 tez326 @ 09/30/10 03:49 PM
EA does not respect consumers (not everyone at EA tho, rEAnimator and Stepsix) but evryone else. I love that 2K actually values our opinions. Always rode with 2K anyway.

Whats gonna hppen to folks that preorder this game?

# 56 Boilerbuzz @ 09/30/10 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poseidon44
I don't blame EA one bit. Their product (Elite 11) has been bashed to no end on this site (some warranted, some not), including by the moderators as well. What's the point of going on a radio show just so the bashing continues. Good business move by EA. No need to further fan the flames.
Oh please. Get off of that. It's not as if people jumped in the forums just to bash. You have a lot of people that were really looking forward to the final product that felt disappointed and vented. The devs that are here did a standup job to calm those fires and they have a TON of respect from most of the people here. You make them sound like a lynch mob. Calm down.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.