Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Kevin Durant speaks out, about the NBA Elite 11 decision, over at Thunder Rumblings.

Quote:
"The cover athlete for the premier of NBA Elite 11 couldn’t contain his disappointment.

Kevin Durant spoke with noticeably more sullenness as he discussed postponed plans for the video game that features an action shot of him on the cover. His answers shrunk shorter. His tone grew more tense.

“They said it wasn’t as up to par as they wanted it to be,” Durant said. “That’s kind of unfortunate. It was kind of cool to see myself on a video game. I guess they’ll wait till it gets right. We’ll see.

And how did Durant learn the news of the delay?

“Twitter,” he said with a smile."

Thanks to Owen Good.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 yungflo @ 09/30/10 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I posted in the other thread about this.....i highly doubt he cares at all to be honest.

Why is this even a big deal?

I mean we are talking about a guy on the cover of a box.....
thats what im saying. I'm pretty sure durant had no say, they say there's a vid out there, but its promo cutting a promo showing that he's playing the game, thats it. it's not like he had to do work.

back like in 06,07 thats when I felt ea did its hardest promo work, i remember when wade on was the cover, he had to go to autograph signings, and promotions and stuff, wearing a live 06 shirt, and same thing for tracy mcgrady.

I don't remember anyone since doing that.

now if they made him do all that promo work, then yeah he should get disapointed. but it seems likely that he showed up, once or twice, maybe thrice to nice times, whatever then left for FIBA. no photoshoot, as they took it from in game.

now if they paid me mills or even thousands to do that, why would I be complaining?

# 22 yungflo @ 10/01/10 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickeeGreen
Exactly...You think 2K would do that to Jordan? Yet another example of EA's dysfunction...
thats different. jordan comes with his brand and his company. he has sponsorships, in fact i'm sure elite contacted the jordan brand or any sponsors in elite that their game has been canceled or delayed whatever.

jordans worth half a bill, kd? he didnt even reach 100mil. come on, get a grip lol.

# 23 DGMikeBarker @ 10/01/10 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
thats different. jordan comes with his brand and his company. he has sponsorships, in fact i'm sure elite contacted the jordan brand or any sponsors in elite that their game has been canceled or delayed whatever.

jordans worth half a bill, kd? he didnt even reach 100mil. come on, get a grip lol.
But thats like saying the league's future best player isn't important enough. Though Durant's not Jordan now doesn't mean he can't reach him or pass him in the future. You remember how Jordan views Adidas for how they thought about him, you don't want that with Durant.

# 24 yungflo @ 10/01/10 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGMikeBarker
But thats like saying the league's future best player isn't important enough. Though Durant's not Jordan now doesn't mean he can't reach him or pass him in the future. You remember how Jordan views Adidas for how they thought about him, you don't want that with Durant.
true, but I don't believe it was much as an investment for durant as it was with jordan..

Durant was literally just a cover and very few few minor work.

Jordan expect his legacy to be branded in a video game.

huge difference. I'm sure ea was not even looking to sign durant long term.

Comparing shoes to video games are apples and oranges. Next year, they are just going to get someone else.

Unlike shoes or anything, Durant has no stock in ea. Jordan's chips are all in, in both games. Huge difference.

Durant Braced elite 11, and it tanked, no one cares. MJ gets the cover of nba elite 11, its canceled, now EVERYONE would care. Because it makes sense.

I find that so Odd, Kobe NBA 07, NBA 09, and NBA 2k10

# 25 DGMikeBarker @ 10/01/10 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
true, but I don't believe it was much as an investment for durant as it was with jordan..

Durant was literally just a cover and very few few minor work.

Jordan expect his legacy to be branded in a video game.

huge difference. I'm sure ea was not even looking to sign durant long term.

Comparing shoes to video games are apples and oranges. Next year, they are just going to get someone else.

Unlike shoes or anything, Durant has no stock in ea. Jordan's chips are all in, in both games. Huge difference.

Durant Braced elite 11, and it tanked, no one cares. MJ gets the cover of nba elite 11, its canceled, now EVERYONE would care. Because it makes sense.

I find that so Odd, Kobe NBA 07, NBA 09, and NBA 2k10
You're right, but it sounds like it meant a lot to Durant. Just in case, they need to make sure there are no hard feelings between each party.

# 26 yungflo @ 10/01/10 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGMikeBarker
You're right, but it sounds like it meant a lot to Durant. Just in case, they need to make sure there are no hard feelings between each party.
I think the journalist or author is playing it up alot more than durant is. I think he's disapointed somewhat. I mean who wouldn't be if you're on the cover of a game? Lol, that's your game! But he knows what they got to get it right.

I do agree, they do need to reach out to him.

# 27 BiggD @ 10/01/10 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickeeGreen
Exactly...You think 2K would do that to Jordan? Yet another example of EA's dysfunction...

agreed, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing..

# 28 RedmanR @ 10/01/10 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
WOW. The Cover Athlete didn't even get a call....smh
It's right there in plain black and white... what a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
It's okay.

The game KD plays regularly is still slated for an Oct. 5th release.
Ain't that the truth. I wonder what were his exact thoughts after playing both demos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I certainly hope that it was a case of him not being reachable as these guys have a lot of "go betweens" that blur the lines of communication. I hope it wasn't because EA didn't have some level of professionalism, which I highly doubt. But you never know, right?
Fact... guys on this board can say and defend whomever but the bottom line is... you never know what goes on if your not there but we do know the cover athlete surely... was not contacted. If I were Kevin I would have been... thinking how interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing..
My exact thoughts.

# 29 VUUAASSHHH! @ 10/01/10 04:39 PM
Poor KD. Because of these flaws made by EA, he surely gonna play 2K11; and who knows he`ll be the cover for 2K12.
Off: by looking at Elite11 cover, doesnt it seem KD is being desintegrated by radioactive wind? Looks like Sandman from Spiderman³. XD

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.