Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K11 Developer Insight, featuring Jordan Shoes.

Quote:
"To some people, they are just shoes. To others, they are the culture that defines the NBA. To us, they are authenticity... plain and simple. If it happens in the NBA, we go above and beyond to make sure it appears in our game. That’s why I was beyond excited about our partnership with Michael Jordan this year. This partnership afforded us the ability to bring you the greatest shoe collection the NBA culture has ever seen."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BodyBump @ 10/03/10 02:48 PM
Thanks Steve.. Off to read.

# 2 detriotpistonfan @ 10/03/10 02:49 PM
anything but the online insight. interesting............

# 3 mikenoob @ 10/03/10 02:51 PM
I feel like I read this info before, nothing new.

# 4 rspencer86 @ 10/03/10 02:54 PM
I was hoping this was going to be the online insight. I guess I'll just assume it is a lagfest again.

# 5 Greene_Flash03 @ 10/03/10 02:54 PM
I think you got the wrong picture steve...

Edit: fixed

# 6 Rocboyz101 @ 10/03/10 02:57 PM
lol Wasn't expecting this. Shoes are nice though

# 7 frbroussard @ 10/03/10 02:57 PM
Preciated Steve, going to go read now.

# 8 youvalss @ 10/03/10 02:58 PM
Not much new stuff, but still cool. The best thing is that we can edit shoe colors, because there are some AJ's that seem different than the ones MJ wore - because the colors arer a bit different. And I know many guys here like to have AJ's with crazy colors,

# 9 vannwolfhawk @ 10/03/10 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by detriotpistonfan
anything but the online insight. interesting............
This tells me 1 of 2 things...
  1. They did nothing to improve online play
  2. They are now worried by cancellation of Elite and don't want to say they made all these changes yet can't back it up because of all the new people they will now have coming over from elite. Now they are scared to release the online insight that they said at one time they were going to release.
Hmmmmmmm...

This makes me nervous! I was looking forward to a online insight seeing this had to be #1 in the community complaints last year and every year for that matter!

# 10 youvalss @ 10/03/10 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcabanski
I don't understand this feature. Having shoes that give ratings boosts seems more NBA Jam than NBA 2K11.
Yeah, it's not much of a real world thing, but I guess they just wanted to make the shoes more significant, rather than just have them in the game.

# 11 Jasong7777 @ 10/03/10 03:00 PM
Can someone please post the story. The link is blocked at work.

# 12 youvalss @ 10/03/10 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
This tells me 1 of 2 things...
  1. They did nothing to improve online play
  2. They are now worried by cancellation of Elite and don't want to say they made all these changes yet can't back it up because of all the new people they will now have coming over from elite. Now they are scared to release the online insight that they said at one time they were going to release.
Hmmmmmmm...

This makes me nervous! I was looking forward to a online insight seeing this had to be #1 in the community complaints last year and every year for that matter!
They already said that they had rewritten the online code and have new servers, sure they need to test it once the game is released and there are TON of people online.

But why do people keep making assumption based on NOTHING? Reminds me of a month or 2 ago posts:

* "No word on My Player, so there's nothing new. Damn!"
* "Still no word about Association, probably the same **** as last year".

Etc. etc...

# 13 JasonC1363 @ 10/03/10 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcabanski
I don't understand this feature. Having shoes that give ratings boosts seems more NBA Jam than NBA 2K11.
Hoping that this only affects My Player and not anything else but i Agree 100%. its somewhat of an awkward feature to have on a game that presents itself as a such a hardcore sim. Definitely not a dealbreaker though.

I would have probably preferred if you actually had to win the jordan Challenged to unlock the shoes

# 14 The 24th Letter @ 10/03/10 03:07 PM
Well its already been said by ones who had the game there are no new Online FEATURES.....so what are we looking for in an online insight? That theyve improved it? Weve been told that as well. I dont see the point of a Insight...im more concerned about actually seeing if its has actually improved.

# 15 Sinner @ 10/03/10 03:08 PM
Its cool..glad its only for My Player and online crews as far as stats the shoes add. Saw the title of the Insight and chuckled cause I knew some people were not going to be happy...expecting an Online insight. Why would a insight for online be needed? All I need to know from them is it works, its already been said that not much different this year cause they got new servers and working on making it more stable. From the few online game vids i've seen it seems to be doing pretty good. Of course Tuesday will be the big test with more people getting the game.

# 16 The 24th Letter @ 10/03/10 03:08 PM
Well its already been said by ones who had the game there are no new Online FEATURES.....so what are we looking for in an online insight? That theyve improved it? Weve been told that as well. I dont see the point of a Insight...im more concerned about actually seeing if its has actually improved..

# 17 mikenoob @ 10/03/10 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasong7777
Can someone please post the story. The link is blocked at work.
I got you.

Hi everyone!
Erick Boenisch, Producer for NBA 2K11, back once again. If you missed my Insights on MJ: Creating A Legend, My Player, and/or The Association, make sure and give those a read. Today I am here to talk about ‘My Jordans’, one of the features related to our partnership with Michael Jordan. As the name implies, this feature centers around the collection of shoes available from the fine folks at Jordan Brand. And because I know you are already antsy, YES, we have every Air Jordan in the game all the way from the Air Jordan I through the Air Jordan 2010! Read on to find out more…

To some people, they are just shoes. To others, they are the culture that defines the NBA. To us, they are authenticity... plain and simple. If it happens in the NBA, we go above and beyond to make sure it appears in our game. That’s why I was beyond excited about our partnership with Michael Jordan this year. This partnership afforded us the ability to bring you the greatest shoe collection the NBA culture has ever seen.

The shoe locker will allow you to view all of your unlocked shoes from the Jordan Brand shoe collection, as well as learn a little history about the shoe. You will also be able to equip players with shoes from the shoe locker as well.

The following is a complete list of all of the Jordan Brand shoes you will be able to obtain in the game this year:

Air Jordan I +2 Ball Handle
Air Jordan II +2 Shot Low Post
Air Jordan III +5 Steal
Air Jordan IV +5 Pass
Air Jordan V +5 Layup
Air Jordan VI +5 Vertical
Air Jordan VII +4 Shot 3PT
Air Jordan VIII +4 Shoot Off Dribble
Air Jordan IX +2 Hustle
Air Jordan X +4 Hands
Air Jordan XI +10 Dunk
Air Jordan XII +5 Stamina
Air Jordan XIII +5 Defensive Low Post
Air Jordan XIV +5 Shot Medium
Air Jordan XV +2 Ball Security
Air Jordan XVI +4 Off-Hand Dribbling
Air Jordan XVII +2 Strength
Air Jordan XVIII +2 Block
Air Jordan XIX +2 Defensive Rebound
Air Jordan XX +4 Quickness
Air Jordan XX1 +2 Offensive Low Post
Air Jordan XX2 +2 On-Ball Defense
Air Jordan XX3 +4 Offensive Awareness
Air Jordan 2009 +2 Durability
Air Jordan 2010 +2 Shot Inside
Air Jordan 2010 Team +3 Speed
Flight School +2 Defensive Awareness
Melo M7 +3 Shot Medium
Ol’ School IV +2 Shoot In Traffic
Take Flight +2 Shot Close
CP3.IV +3 Pass
Pure J +2 Shot 3PT
1-6-1-7 +2 Steal
Team Iso +2 Speed
Rare Air +2 Layup
Pro Strong +2 Defensive Low Post
Air’s +2 Stamina
Evolution ’85 +2 Shoot Off Dribble
6.17.23 +2 Off-Hand Dribbling
Jumpman H Series +2 Offensive Rebound

The crown jewel in the Jordan collection, the Air Jordan XI, will grant you +10 to your Dunking attribute if you are lucky enough to unlock it.

As I’m sure you noticed, there are attribute bonuses tied to each shoe. Every unlockable Jordan Brand shoe in the game has an attribute tied to it this year. When a player is wearing a particular pair of shoes, he will get the attribute bonus added to his skills. This is particularly useful in My Player mode where there are attribute caps. These shoes allow you to exceed those caps giving you the ultimate opportunity to differentiate your player from others.

You’ll notice above that I referred to these shoes as ‘unlockable’ shoes. We’re not going to send you on a wild chase where you have to go perform various tasks to get access to the shoes. We’re simply going to reward you for playing the game. Every couple of hours of play, a new pair of shoes will be made available to you. You can be playing Quick Games, Association games, My Player, Online, whatever. Just play and the shoes will come.

The shoes do not unlock in the same order for everyone, but rather in a weighted random order with respect to how scarce they are in the real world. For example, all of the shoes above with a ‘+2’ bonus will likely unlock much sooner than the shoes with the higher bonuses. The higher end shoes will definitely give you a big advantage over the competition, particularly in My Player Pick-Up games. The real prize here is obviously the Air Jordan XI, with a number of the ‘+5’ shoes hot on its heels. And remember, all you have to do to unlock these shoes is play the game!

With the launch of NBA 2K11 only 2 days away, I just want to say thank you to everyone for reading our Insights and letting us tell you about all the great stuff we’ve added to the game. As always, it’s been our pleasure. We’ll see you out on the courts!

- Erick Boenisch
a.k.a. SimBaller

NEXT NBA 2K11 Developer Insight - TBD by TBD, TBD

# 18 vannwolfhawk @ 10/03/10 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
They already said that they had rewritten the online code and have new servers, sure they need to test it once the game is released and there are TON of people online.

But why do people keep making assumption based on NOTHING? Reminds me of a month or 2 ago posts:

* "No word on My Player, so there's nothing new. Damn!"
* "Still no word about Association, probably the same **** as last year".

Etc. etc...
OK, then why would this be the 1 and ONLY thing they didn't talk about? I know they got new server and new code supposedly. I want details on it though.

I think they don't want to say it's different because the elite cancellation changes everything for them! I don't blame them and they didn't see the huge influx in numbers coming either but either way it's dissapointing to not get any info and to at least hear the devs tell us it was a concern they focused on and what they did in detail...

# 19 CMH @ 10/03/10 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Well its already been said by ones who had the game there are no new Online FEATURES.....so what are we looking for in an online insight? That theyve improved it? Weve been told that as well. I dont see the point of a Insight...im more concerned about actually seeing if its has actually improved..

Exactly. I'm not sure I even understand what kind of Insight could be provided on improving online. "We improved the servers." What more can they really say? I doubt most people want to read technical jargon because that's all it would really be.

As for the sneakers:

Never being a fan of having to unlock anything (jerseys, shoes), I like that rather than doing some ridiculous task that is hardly ever fun to unlock these shoes, all you have to do is play the game. That's a reward I can understand and appreciate.

# 20 vannwolfhawk @ 10/03/10 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Well its already been said by ones who had the game there are no new Online FEATURES.....so what are we looking for in an online insight? That theyve improved it? Weve been told that as well. I dont see the point of a Insight...im more concerned about actually seeing if its has actually improved.
True dat! We'll see on Tuesday! Fingers crossed!

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.