Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K11 Developer Insight, featuring Jordan Shoes.

Quote:
"To some people, they are just shoes. To others, they are the culture that defines the NBA. To us, they are authenticity... plain and simple. If it happens in the NBA, we go above and beyond to make sure it appears in our game. That’s why I was beyond excited about our partnership with Michael Jordan this year. This partnership afforded us the ability to bring you the greatest shoe collection the NBA culture has ever seen."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ggsimmonds @ 10/03/10 05:03 PM
I can't help but to laugh about this. So many were hoping for online and they get...shoes

# 42 ggsimmonds @ 10/03/10 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgballin
can you wear these in association mode?
if so, i hope the boosts only apply in myplayer.

From the sounds of the insight, I think the bonuses affect all modes. I wish there were a way to assign the Jordan X1 without the dunk bonus though. Maybe there is.

# 43 jordankobewade7 @ 10/03/10 05:32 PM
Maybe I missed it,but I don't remember reading that we can customize the colors of each shoe to whatever we want...although I do remember seeing mj with the 1s in laker colors in the opus video...we'll c tho

# 44 seeuatthemovies @ 10/03/10 05:47 PM
I've never been one of the folks sitting around complaining about the shoes a particular player wears in game or the color of the laces, but I can appreciate the detail that 2k is throwing into this year's edition. I think they realize the value and cultural significance of having MJ join the game for a year and have have gone to great lengths to make it worthy of his inclusion. Best of all, I don't have to jump through a bunch of ridiculous hoops to unlock the shoes. I get rewarded for being a fan which is how it should be.

# 45 WTF @ 10/03/10 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordankobewade7
Maybe I missed it,but I don't remember reading that we can customize the colors of each shoe to whatever we want...although I do remember seeing mj with the 1s in laker colors in the opus video...we'll c tho
You can. There is a video on Youtube showing that you can customize the colors. So if Pink J's are your thing, then go for it. It's available.

# 46 rspencer86 @ 10/03/10 05:56 PM
I hope there is a way to use the shoes without the attribute bonuses. Otherwise, other than in My Player, I probably won't mess with these.

# 47 bado123 @ 10/03/10 06:46 PM
Don't know if it's just me but would anyone else rather see them spend time on other modes (for eg, saw a video of association post season and looks exactly as shallow and meaningless as last year) than spending their time on shoes? who cares man, they're shoes. i don't get it, it's like the 'calf sleeve glitch' that nobody can get over. it just seems insignificant to overall presentation and gameplay compared to other more noticeable things, eg the stick figure crowd that has every person pumping their fists?

just my opinion, i understand it isn't held by everyone though.

And don't get me wrong, I still think this will be the best sports game ever made.

# 48 cavsfan2 @ 10/03/10 07:28 PM

# 49 rspencer86 @ 10/03/10 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bado123
Don't know if it's just me but would anyone else rather see them spend time on other modes (for eg, saw a video of association post season and looks exactly as shallow and meaningless as last year) than spending their time on shoes? who cares man, they're shoes. i don't get it, it's like the 'calf sleeve glitch' that nobody can get over. it just seems insignificant to overall presentation and gameplay compared to other more noticeable things, eg the stick figure crowd that has every person pumping their fists?

just my opinion, i understand it isn't held by everyone though.

And don't get me wrong, I still think this will be the best sports game ever made.
Who knows, maybe as part of the agreement to get Jordan in the game 2K had to include a bunch of his shoes in the game as a form of advertisement?

# 50 Mikelopedia @ 10/03/10 07:30 PM
For those saying that this insight was thrown together to take place of an online insight, it was mentioned a long time ago that there would be a whole insight for shoes/accessories. Once I heard the calf sleeve glitch was still in I assumed it would be this. Whatev, cool for the Jordan-heads.
Are there even enough people online to have leagues and such. I heard there was like 60 people online yesterday. Maybe it addresses "features" that don't exactly show up in the online menu of those lucky stunods that have the game early.

Do these shoes turn colors when you press turbo ala nbaJam? Lol jk

# 51 rambo187 @ 10/03/10 08:07 PM
Shoes that give you special abilities? Sigh, nba jam is already on the horizon, so why do we need this arcadey crap? I love having the shoes in there, but this seems to take away from the sim nature of this game. Personally, earning the shoes by unlocking them is enough satisfaction for me, and the tangible part is being able to see them on your player when he is out there on the court. That's all I need, not some special skill by unlocking them. And to comment on the lack of an online insight, my thought is that deep down, I think we all know that the servers are going to lag, which is unfortunate, but with the delay of Elite, I think we can all agree that it would be almost unfair to expect a lag free experience. What would be nice though, is to just hear about what new MODES are in online. Even if it is very similar to last years version, at least go somewhat in-depth about something pertaining to online. And to all you guys out there saying that if it's just the same as last year then what could they possibly say? Well, i'm pretty sure that if they can do an entire insight on SHOES, they could find something worthwhile to say about online, something fans have been waiting for. Shoot, you don't even have to say it's gonna be lag free or perfect or whatever, cause I don't expect that. But some sort of info would be appreciated, rather than keeping us all in the dark. 2k scared to admit 2 days prior to release that it's going to lag for fear of lost revenue? Kinda looks that way. I guess I can't knock them for thinking smart, but it still sucks. Hopefully i'm eating my words this time tomorrow when they have done what a lot of us want, and that's kick down some info about online. Here's to hoping i'm wrong about them dodging a bullet and not giving us any info.

# 52 23 @ 10/03/10 08:13 PM
i cannot wait. I unlocked the 2s at my buddies house winning a game vs phx

Dont ever remember seeing those in the game

# 53 ggsimmonds @ 10/03/10 08:51 PM
I have a question if anyone happens to know the answer.

In myplayer one of the features is the ability to design your own Jordan shoe.
Does anyone know if our Jordan's will offer attribute bonuses? And if so what kind of input would the user have?

I doubt our Jordan's will have bonuses, just hope I am wrong.

# 54 Philstat @ 10/03/10 09:18 PM
Hey, I think these shoes are awesome - they are optional - you don't have to use them. Getting 5 on a vertical for a one of your key players is awesome - I LOVE IT!

# 55 dking_11 @ 10/03/10 09:19 PM
Why is everyone so concerned about online play insight?
More than half of you guys are the ones in 2k10 who baseline drive all day?
Some of you do that cheesy stutterstep move;
A few of you pump fake until you get the foul;
And the rest of us are complaining that you shouldve bought Live;

I like this feature;

In video games you always have to input a hit or miss new feature into the game;
This is the first year of it;
If it misses it won't be in 2k11 which will probably happen;
Simply because these are Jordans we are talking about;
Why have him on the cover and in the game;
If you don't have something with his shoes; ??? -______-

stop complaining.

# 56 aloncho11 @ 10/03/10 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Check out the new NBA 2K11 Developer Insight, featuring Jordan Shoes.
Awesome!

# 57 neptuneniq @ 10/03/10 10:10 PM
so if u assign certain jordans to players, do they change to team colors?

i remember last season Wallace Augustin and Ray Allen had some dope 12's

# 58 JCEVO @ 10/03/10 10:13 PM
Sim heads this is still a video game. Attribute points are pretty valid and realistic if u stop and think. Shoes in real life play apart in how players perform. Certain shoes are lighter so you can run faster or jump higher. Certain have spring type reaction.

So adding these boosts is actually SIM

# 59 Mr_Riddick @ 10/03/10 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCEVO
Sim heads this is still a video game. Attribute points are pretty valid and realistic if u stop and think. Shoes in real life play apart in how players perform. Certain shoes are lighter so you can run faster or jump higher. Certain have spring type reaction.

You definatley have a point.

# 60 Lubey @ 10/03/10 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCEVO

lol. In the screen shot the shoe increases ball handling. I'm not complaining about this feature, but please explain how that is sim to me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.