Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Part 2 coming tomorrow morning, keep an eye out for it.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 youvalss @ 10/03/10 09:05 PM
Nice tactics Czar!

And did you edit any shoes? I didn't see many generic shoes, or maybe it's because they're black and it's hard to tell.

# 22 BlackRome @ 10/03/10 09:08 PM
I've got a tip for ya. When yo use the side view you tend to shoot more of your shots form the closet side of the screen. This video is the perfect example.

Most of his shots came from the right side. He could only drive to the right side. When he drove to the paint on his left he always got stuck because he never moved to the left like he did when drove right. He used all the space he add.

It naturally happens because that side is closer. If his footsteps were painted you would see how much of the left side of the court he never touched.

In other words. This isn't NBA Live 1995. Put on the 2k camera or you limit your game.

If he took a a look at his shot chart he would see it leans heavily to the right.

I can always tell when I'm playing someone online on the side view while I'm on the 2k camera..

It's just a matter of forcing them to the side that's not closest in their view or just bring the help heavy to the closest side. . It makes it uncomfortable for side view players because that side is furthest from their view.

# 23 BlackRome @ 10/03/10 09:10 PM
Sorry for the "ypos". See. My keyboard is screwed. I need to pick up a new one when I go and grab 2k tomorrow.

# 24 Rocboyz101 @ 10/03/10 09:11 PM
I always hate the 2k camera when playing offline...makes me remember its a videogame. lol

# 25 Da_Czar @ 10/03/10 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Thanks for video, but do you think allstaris best level to play at in terms of realism?

And how come the bobcats r so stupid, they keep using the big man guarding baron davis???

Also, I hope the AI will scout my team like how you scouted their team. So for instance, if I have a raptors squad with Iverson, Derozen, Keliza, Bargarni, and Oden, the ball will go to Iverson and Bargarni the most, would the AI use a certain strategy to stop me? Maybe forcing Bargarni to drive or post up instead of shooting the jumpers or 3 ball???
The AI plays smart on both pro and all-star. Its really up to how well your timing on your jumpshot is and how well you can create good looks on offense. I just recently moved up to all star.

I tell everyone I can to start on pro sim. With the sim setting the cpu is going to play good basketball. you don't HAVE to be on all star. The thing is on All star the cpu is so tuff on defense that you will have to restrict your moves to the few you know and really you need them all on command to play all-star and above.

You don't want to be thinking about what button to press on allstar you just want to see the opportunity and react.

When you get stops on defense the AI has to protect the basket on a few of those opportunities if the opposing pg didn't guard the wing player I could have hit him with the pass for a possible layup. Sure they should probably switch back sooner but you don' t want them leaving a guy wide open just to switch back.

EDIT the mismatch at 8:05 gameclock was because we had our sg matched up with their pf on the other end then when the shot went up the sg took off and their pg then picked him up. as I mentioned above hopefully most of them make that kind of sense. I haven't noticed anything alarming but I have been making videos more than just playing so IDK.

The second qtr was a totally different experience. 2k11 so far to me is not a static experience. Where once you see how a game is going that's the end of it. They seem to adjust and play off what you throw at them.

# 26 13 @ 10/03/10 09:17 PM
Tomorrow is going to be the longest day of my life.

# 27 jsquigg @ 10/03/10 09:18 PM
The game looks sick. Any complaints are really nitpicking at this point IMO.

# 28 Intelx @ 10/03/10 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
The AI plays smart on both pro and all-star. Its really up to how well your timing on your jumpshot is and how well you can create good looks on offense. I just recently moved up to all star.

I tell everyone I can to start on pro sim. With the sim setting the cpu is going to play good basketball. you don't HAVE to be on all star. The thing is on All star the cpu is so tuff on defense that you will have to restrict your moves to the few you know and really you need them all on command to play all-star and above.

You don't want to be thinking about what button to press on allstar you just want to see the opportunity and react.

When you get stops on defense the AI has to protect the basket on a few of those opportunities if the opposing pg didn't guard the wing player I could have hit him with the pass for a possible layup. Sure they should probably switch back sooner but you don' t want them leaving a guy wide open just to switch back.

EDIT the mismatch at 8:05 gameclock was because we had our sg matched up with their pf on the other end then when the shot went up the sg took off and their pg then picked him up. as I mentioned above hopefully most of them make that kind of sense. I haven't noticed anything alarming but I have been making videos more than just playing so IDK.

The second qtr was a totally different experience. 2k11 so far to me is not a static experience. Where once you see how a game is going that's the end of it. They seem to adjust and play off what you throw at them.
This is what I like to hear Czar. I gotta admit that watching the Bobcats in this video I was wondering if the CPU was even trying. What you said about the second qtr and the game not being a static experience leaves me with a lot of hope.

Good work as always Czar! Will we get to see that second qtr at all?

Intelx

# 29 Da_Czar @ 10/03/10 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Nice tactics Czar!

And did you edit any shoes? I didn't see many generic shoes, or maybe it's because they're black and it's hard to tell.
Yes When jordans get unlocked it makes it easy there is a menu where you can assign any jordan to I believe any player without a shoe contract or with a jordan contract. Before that I would change them for each team as I played. Jordan option is much much faster.

Those generics make me sick to my stomache LOL

# 30 jrose57 @ 10/03/10 09:24 PM
Quote:

THANKS FOR WRITING BACK, you are a busy man, and still responding to questions and you totally don't have to do it, based on what you are saying, I think I would have enough fun on allstar already, but then I am really curious what would happen on superstar and HOF, have you tried them yet? I hope the AI won't be cheating at those levels like they did in the past just to keep the game more challenging, I really hope to get another answer from you on this question, thanks....

# 31 Da_Czar @ 10/03/10 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
THANKS FOR WRITING BACK, you are a busy man, and still responding to questions and you totally don't have to do it, based on what you are saying, I think I would have enough fun on allstar already, but then I am really curious what would happen on superstar and HOF, have you tried them yet? I hope the AI won't be cheating at those levels like they did in the past just to keep the game more challenging, I really hope to get another answer from you on this question, thanks....
Not a problem I do as much as I can for my brothers who don't yet have the game. I remember what that is like. As to your question.

I have not played on superstar or HOF yet. The people who have that I have spoken to have not mentioned any cheating. You just have to be very very sharp with your execution. Admittedly you have to commit many fewer mistakes. Please understand that is 3rd party. I have not played those levels for myself.

I like to let the game challenge me where I am at. As I get better then I look for a new level so I won't be even dabbling with those levels for a few weeks if ever.

# 32 Mr_Riddick @ 10/03/10 09:30 PM
That is why I love 2k bball. Finally a game that rewards true sim strategy. I'll be spending my first week in the practice gym. It's time to dig deep into association mode guys

# 33 NDAlum @ 10/03/10 09:32 PM
If you chose the letter K based on a coach that I loathe (UNC diehard) I lost a little respect for you Czar!

# 34 iKn0cKoUt @ 10/03/10 09:33 PM
this game is lookin great cant wait for tuesday to come.....btw he sounds like cleveland jr from the cleveland show haha

# 35 Dizmode313 @ 10/03/10 09:35 PM
Big Czar you said I can run playbook with just the left bumper on the 360 correct cause on the tryout version at gamestop it wasnt working like that ....can you help me fam

# 36 Harrison_UNC_Barnes* @ 10/03/10 09:40 PM
i luv that catch anmation 4:42!!!!!!
HOLY **** its blake griffen 6:44!!!!!!

# 37 ChaseB @ 10/03/10 09:43 PM
Quote:
Not a problem I do as much as I can for my brothers who don't yet have the game. I remember what that is like. As to your question.

I have not played on superstar or HOF yet. The people who have that I have spoken to have not mentioned any cheating. You just have to be very very sharp with your execution. Admittedly you have to commit many fewer mistakes. Please understand that is 3rd party. I have not played those levels for myself.

I like to let the game challenge me where I am at. As I get better then I look for a new level so I won't be even dabbling with those levels for a few weeks if ever.
Apparently on HOF they just don't slip up at all or miss their timing windows on shots etc. I wouldn't say it's cheating, but I think it becomes more like a fighting game than a game of strategic basketball at that level against the AI.

# 38 vannwolfhawk @ 10/03/10 09:43 PM
Great vid czar! I particularly like how you play 50/50 on ball and off ball and show everyone that if played right playing off the ball can be SIM too whether your playing against the CPU or human.

IE: You chased Jackson around a screen once when he was trying to get open without the ball. On a different possession you were Baron Davis, and the guy he was guarding passed the ball you still stayed with your man after the pass. You would also double the low post when you were on the strong side of the floor. You even switched to bring a trap from opposite high post.

That is a chess match and SIM basketball boys and girls & 100% SIM strategy to all those who think it's cheese! Glad to see the leader of the SIM nation playing SIM basketball for all to see!

Can't wait to see the rest of the quarter and half! Good stuff!

# 39 Da_Czar @ 10/03/10 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intelx
This is what I like to hear Czar. I gotta admit that watching the Bobcats in this video I was wondering if the CPU was even trying. What you said about the second qtr and the game not being a static experience leaves me with a lot of hope.

Good work as always Czar! Will we get to see that second qtr at all?

Intelx
Yeah man there is a crazy ebb and flow to the games. The computer seems to react to how you play them. Then you have to understand the clippers are a different team without Baron on the floor. When he goes out we loose something and it changes our attack.

Plus in the second qtr it wasn't until 3 minutes left in the second quarter that we had another mismatch on baron. Plus remember my gameplay was built to try to limit their stars effectiveness. So what you saw was my gameplan working...

Whats cool is despite my gameplan they made a game out of it at one point I believe they get within 1 point.

Fun fun fun.

# 40 Da_Czar @ 10/03/10 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
If you chose the letter K based on a coach that I loathe (UNC diehard) I lost a little respect for you Czar!
NEVER I am a UNLV fan i HATE the DUKIES.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.