Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

From your man, Da_Czar.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 greenegt @ 10/06/10 09:43 AM
Freakin brilliant! Czar is on point! I liked the way he broke it down and got me thinking differently about how to use isomotion. "Don't play video games, play basketball." I can't wait to get back to the game.

# 42 VladCanada @ 10/06/10 10:30 AM
Looks fantastic, hell even the small things such as players having conversations on the bench during gameplay, nothing has been overlooked on this game. Looks amazing.

# 43 boodahisthe1 @ 10/06/10 11:02 AM
thanks for the vid sir..i was wondering why i was barely winning games on all-star..the computer aint no joke this year..you really have to play ball and i love it..hopefully those kids that come over from that other wack b-ball game see this video so they can learn how to play a real basketball game..

# 44 wojohowitz @ 10/06/10 12:17 PM
Thanks for the video Czar, really helped me out a lot!

# 45 Brew @ 10/06/10 04:08 PM
Yea this vid is a great learning tool... Now if I could just get the isomotion down... I find it extremely difficult to string moves together and consistently do moves other than the simple crossover or hesitation moves.
I know what I want to do with what the defense gives me its just extremely hard to exploit it consistently.
PRACTICE? We talkin' bout practice! Im not AI so I think i need some practice lol!

I notice the examples were on the 2k camera view... Is it easier on this view than the standard view?
Kind of sucks if it is cuz all the online teammup and my player games are on the default view and to my knowledge are unchangeable.

# 46 TheGhostAPC @ 10/06/10 06:05 PM
Czar teachin em.. Keep em coming bro!

# 47 Da_Czar @ 10/06/10 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew
Yea this vid is a great learning tool... Now if I could just get the isomotion down... I find it extremely difficult to string moves together and consistently do moves other than the simple crossover or hesitation moves.
I know what I want to do with what the defense gives me its just extremely hard to exploit it consistently.
PRACTICE? We talkin' bout practice! Im not AI so I think i need some practice lol!

I notice the examples were on the 2k camera view... Is it easier on this view than the standard view?
Kind of sucks if it is cuz all the online teammup and my player games are on the default view and to my knowledge are unchangeable.
iso is so much easier from 2k or drive cams try those and once you know you know how to do the moves its much easier to adjust to your favorite camera angle.

also try out absolute controls that might help also.

# 48 NDAlum @ 10/06/10 06:45 PM
BTW Czar that's nice you let your wife mo-cap that dunk for you.

Spoiler

# 49 2k10Fonzarelli @ 10/07/10 01:00 AM
Magic. well done

# 50 myownsun @ 10/07/10 01:34 AM
Yeah that was on-point I look forward to the next session.

# 51 RoyceDa59 @ 10/07/10 01:46 AM
I will say this really helped me. I am really trying to get a hang of a lot of things with this game especially defensive matchups which is a video Czar posted too about. I played three so far and two games against the Nuggest (Exhibition) and Melo scorched me in both of the games with 37 points in one game and 38 points in the next. I furious I couldn't contain him at all.

The next game I fooled around with tactics using the OKC Thunder. And for the most post he only scored 24 points. Still a good amount but he had to work for the points this time shooting under 40% and getting a good chunk from Free throws. So really closing him down and forcing other players around him to step up caused Afflalo and Billups to go nuts. So I had to find ways to stop them. So I eventually my tactics led me to my first win a slim one but still...a win.

Also I love how every quarter is different. If your cruising in the first quarter with a certain tactic and isn't going to work in a efficient in the second quarter. I just love this factor, it keeps you on your toes.

# 52 Mr Magoo @ 10/07/10 04:19 AM
Great video yet again.

I have definitely noticed the shading the defense does on you with the ball. It opens up a lot of things for you though, if you take what the defense gives you and get a few buckets from it then they have to change their approach which in turn gives you all sort of options in where you take the ball and who scores/how you score. It's awesome

# 53 Brew @ 10/07/10 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
iso is so much easier from 2k or drive cams try those and once you know you know how to do the moves its much easier to adjust to your favorite camera angle.

also try out absolute controls that might help also.
Ur da man Czar! Thanks!

# 54 BigDaneAyMane @ 10/07/10 10:04 PM
Czar I can't tell you how much concentrating on the in between speed and setting my defensive settings changed my game up. I'm playing on All-Star Sim with the Wizards and it is most definitely a challenge, but it should be tough using a bad team.

Now if you could only do a vid on mastering Kirk Hinrich's jumper, I'd be all set hahaha!

# 55 warrenb @ 10/07/10 10:53 PM
This game is freaking great. It is like I have never played the game before. I am playing with The bucks. I am practing and playing against Boston. They have a great defense. I can not hit a shot or get to the paint. I am loving this. I am having to learn how not to use the right trigger. I am tring to learn to use the shot stick. I have always used the X button to shoot. I love the fact that you have to learn the offense, and every team is different. Your Videos are a great help.

# 56 BigRick47 @ 10/08/10 10:57 AM
Boy Czar, you are the truth! thanks for your passion, thanks for the tips!

# 57 t-mac357 @ 10/08/10 03:56 PM
Great insight. I figured this out on my own but the video proof always helps. This is why Czar is the man.

# 58 babythug23 @ 10/08/10 04:35 PM
Nice info! I like that on D this year onliners can't cheese on dunking no more. Thats what i hated they would just Dunk dunk dunk. I play a friend that last couple years He use Tmac/James/wade/Kobe and getting to the basket dunking. A lot of times i just could not stop it. But this year he can't do it. I run plays and it pays off big time this year. I don't even think he runs plays but Iso and pick/roll

I'm a sim guy and don't like playing people like that. But since i know him i play him

# 59 Isura @ 10/08/10 06:13 PM
Great video. I wish you made it longer though.

# 60 magicman32 @ 10/08/10 07:53 PM
This was a great video. It really need to be made.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.