Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

As always, many thanks to Da_czar!

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bxsteve @ 10/13/10 06:57 AM
i got the icon passing down but for some reason the lead passing will not work for me???

# 42 bxsteve @ 10/13/10 07:03 AM
nevermind i got it now

# 43 Eirsej @ 10/13/10 08:15 AM
I can't make the players fade or curl when coming off a screen. How can I exactly do that?

# 44 davidrc517 @ 10/13/10 10:42 AM
Not gonna lie. I watched this video and it really helped me last night when I finally whooped my friend's ***. Doing the lead passes, passing early, and getting closer to your target really help a lot. I usually have +10 turnovers but I only had 7. Good stuff, Czar!

# 45 DickDalewood @ 10/13/10 10:56 AM
Great video, and I will echo the sentiments of others:

STICKY THIS THREAD

# 46 thequestion @ 10/13/10 01:05 PM
I don't recall seeing the player moving forward when lead passing. Does this work when the player you want to pass to isn't moving around? I can't get lead passing to work when UP is the direction I want him to go. Left, Right, Down (on the 2K camera) all work fine for me. Moving forward is the only one that doesn't seem to work.

# 47 The One @ 10/13/10 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirsej
I can't make the players fade or curl when coming off a screen. How can I exactly do that?
someone needs to answer this. I'm having trouble with this too. Unless you hold down on the icon button, you don't seem to have that much controll of where the receiver goes with (R1) icon passing. Plus with the hold-down method there seems to be a small animation gather on pause that causes the process to be a bit slower than it should be.

# 48 Isura @ 10/13/10 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirsej
You have to really jam the left stick to the end. I slight push won't work. So push left stick all the way in direction you want and press the player icon simultaneously. Curls and fades work beautifully for me, gives you a ton of options when guys are running off screens.

# 49 JahMarLen @ 10/13/10 03:42 PM
Nice vid Czar. Can't wait to hop on the sticks tonight and use these tips.

# 50 richmo @ 10/13/10 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_larry
What am I doing wrong, cause every time I try to do total control passing the person I want to pass it to comes and screens for me?

Because you're holding the left bumper and not the right. Press RB then hold the player's icon you want to control. LB just calls for a pick/playcalling.

# 51 Wildcat67 @ 10/13/10 05:21 PM
I want to use total control passing, but then the problem I have is I can't throw a quick pass using the icons. Since to do that you hit RB + the players icon, either you tap it and throw a weak lob, or if you hold it you end up taking control of the player and not a bullet pass like you want.

What do you guys do to get around this problem? Stop using normal icon passing?

# 52 thequestion @ 10/13/10 07:21 PM
This wasn't mentioned in the video, but how can you pass to someone else while you're in the air about to shoot? It's usually a bad idea to be passing out of a shot in the first place, but there are some times when it's better to pass to an open player while in the air. Everytime I try it, I'm already in the shot animation and ready to land back on the ground.

Are the players who do this (online) doing the pass with the intention of passing while in a shot? Or is there a way to cancel and pass to another teammate? I can do this if I tap the shoot button and then the pass button really quick ... but I don't see how to trigger this while the player is at the top of his jump. And are people using Icon Passing with this?

And I agree, if there was a definitive way to bounce pass instead of just doing a "global pass", my turnover ratio would be much lower.

# 53 JayD @ 10/13/10 07:30 PM
passing is by far the weakest part of my game!

# 54 gamer360 @ 10/14/10 09:14 AM
2k10 was easy to pass threw the middle. I didnt realize that in 2k10 they let the cpu move back so you can pass the ball. I didnt like the passing in this game, but now i do. Just practice passing and you'll get the hank of it.

# 55 KG @ 10/14/10 10:22 AM
Great Vid as usual. I find that most of my passes that result in turnover are a product of me playing stupid/lazy.

# 56 texasgmr @ 10/14/10 06:08 PM
As always, great stuff from Czar!!! Thanks a ton.

# 57 iceberg760 @ 10/15/10 10:37 AM
as always - RIGHT on Point/did not know that you could lead pass into a Curl...Thanks!!

# 58 FBeaule04 @ 10/15/10 11:48 AM
I've watch that video and it's impressive. I have a lot of problem with passing the ball and found pretty quickly what was wrong.

I'm a newbie to the game, and use the default cam that was offered. What cam is used in this video? The height and zoom seems just perfect to see the court and makes passing a lot easier.

Thanks for the video, will be really helpfull for me! :-)

# 59 Drop3422 @ 10/15/10 08:39 PM
The fact that Czar had to make a video about this entirely explains why sports gamers have been getting games all these years that don't punish users for making unintelligent decisions on the virtual basketball court.

If someone has a problem with reading passing lanes and playing the closest thing to real basketball we've ever seen, that is why 2k gave you Casual mode.

Great job 2k, and great job Czar, as always.

# 60 bearschicago @ 10/15/10 11:39 PM
I wish the AI CPU would use the icon lead passing as well. They throw a lot of bad passes that get tipped (I'm not pressing steal button) but had they used icon lead pass, it would not have been stolen.

Also AI CPU on offense sometimes holds the ball too long not doing anything. This is usually when they are trying to throw it in the post. Or if the PG is trying to set up a play which is supposed to go to the sideline area they take a while to make that pass. Icon lead passing would solve this problem.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.