Home
NHL 11 News Post

Hey guys, Gurn Sumal here and I just wanted to let everybody know that the NHL 11 update is now live and is ready for download. I would also like to thank you guys for being very patient as this was a massive update that had me and the other guys (Andy Agostini and Anthony Parra) working around the clock to get this out as fast as we can.

One of the reasons we took so long with the update is as you all know we now have 10 leagues in our game (CHL being three of them) so each league has different guidelines to which players we can and cannot use. So unlike you (our consumers), we cannot create any player we want and just put him in the game, we must get clearance from each individual league before we can proceed in creating him.

So with the NHLPA, all we have to wait for is when a player has stepped on the ice for his first shift in the NHL, we can then create him. If it’s a goalie we can create him when he is on a score sheet as a backup. For the AHL we have to wait for each player (even if he’s in the game already) to sign his PHPA form. This form is what makes any player playing in the AHL a member of the Pro Hockey Players Association which in turn lets us use his name and likeness in the game. This is why you’ll see players that are in the game currently on a CHL team (prior to this update) that are no longer in the game until they return in a future update as soon as they have signed their PHPA agreement. In terms of the CHL, there are over 400 players we added as the league has massive turnover. This affected every roster and because of this we had to get these players in the game otherwise we would have players who are no longer part of the CHL in our game to fill out rosters.

Now that we got the licensing stuff out of the way we can talk about the good stuff. We’re planning on roughly the same schedule for updates as we had last year so injuries (week to week injuries or greater) will be taken into account as well as updated lines if needed from the last game that team played. So be prepared as some teams will have a different look each and every update just due to injuries this year.

As we are moving forward this year with more roster updates we will be evaluating players at different intervals during the season to determine if anybody need to be tweaked up or down in their attributes. This will be for players who are having a breakout year or a major drop in their talent. This is only to simulate what is going on this year and next year the player will be reevaluated so their numbers might go up or down depending on their career path and overall skills.

The first update has about 600 new players on from around the world. Here are a few of the more well known:

Derek Stepan NYR
Nick Leddy CHI
Zac Dalpe CAR
Oliver Ekman-Larsson PHO
Brayden Schenn LAK
Mark Olver COL
Magnus Paajarvi EDM
Jordan Eberle EDM
Taylor Hall EDM
Tommy Wingels SJS
Marcus Johansson WAS
Jonas Holos COL
Jarred Tinordi London Knights
Jack Campbell Windsor Spitfires
Louis Leblanc Montreal Juniors

On top of all that we have updated the goalie equipment for the NHL goalies about 65 or so goalies.

So I hope you like the first roster update. We are currently working on the PHPA agreements for the players that are new to the AHL this year so we can put those prospects into the game as well.

Hope you guys enjoy playing with these rosters.

-Gurn

Source - NHL 11 In the Crease Blog

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 canucksss @ 11/03/10 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Yes there is, hopefully to be released Nov. 9
will this be for the BaGM? or roster patch?

and if this is for BaGM, will this patch applied to the existing BaGM or need to start a new one?

# 42 savoie2006 @ 11/03/10 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
will this be for the BaGM? or roster patch?

and if this is for BaGM, will this patch applied to the existing BaGM or need to start a new one?
It's a gameplay/BAGM/online patch that will hopefully fix the roster bug as well, though I have my doubts on that, since the patch was out of their hands before the roster bug reoccured. I don't know for sure if you have to start over with your existing BAGM. I would think so, but don't quote me on it. I know with the Tuner sets I didn't notice a difference until I restarted my BAGM.

# 43 BCDX97 @ 11/03/10 11:01 PM
I think the vast majority of us want the NHL rosters fixed first, then the AHL, then everybody else. They seem to have gone about things a bit backward.

# 44 cheechoo98 @ 11/04/10 10:06 AM
Taylor Hall is NOT on the Oilers roster..

I Did the same as people have said, went to an Online vs match, I got prompted to save a Roster, did that.. exited out..

Checked the Rosters... But, There's NO way to load a roster.. You can set a 'Default Roster' to 'Post-Draft' or 'Pre-Draft'.. I tried both...

I checked out of game and the Roster is saved as Online Roster (PS3, btw)... but how do I set it to play offline?

Again.. Am I missing something?!?

# 45 pm83 @ 11/04/10 10:23 AM
Hesus. I heard that roster update is finally out. I was happy. Usually I've been making rosters by myself but at the moment I just don't have time enough to make them on my own. Then I came here to see how it is so I would know what little things I need to fix to finally start a season. I mean it's been almost two months after release so would be great to play game with current rosters! And what I saw. Rosters are a mess!

I'll have to taunt same thing as others here. Its' NHL11. I'm from Finland and watch Finnish Elite League = SM-liiga closely. But I don't give rats rotten *** about that league when I put NHL11 on my PS3. Why? Because uniforms, arenas and rosters haven't been authentic at all.

Yeah. ****.

# 46 cheechoo98 @ 11/04/10 10:35 AM
OK. figured it out...

- goto Online Vs Match, follow the prompts for the new roster..
- Once you have 'downloaded' the new Online Roster, exit out of online..
- Goto MY NHL11 ->Save/Load/Delete and then manually Save the Rosters, to have a copy of them for Offline use.

What a pucked up, messed up rigamorle way to do all this. Especially, since there is a specific Online->Download Rosters-> link from the Menus...

What I was doing was exiting out of online altogether thinking that when I 'saved' the online roster that was enough... but you have to manually save them again. Sheesh..

# 47 newjerseydamo @ 11/04/10 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheechoo98
OK. figured it out...

- goto Online Vs Match, follow the prompts for the new roster..
- Once you have 'downloaded' the new Online Roster, exit out of online..
- Goto MY NHL11 ->Save/Load/Delete and then manually Save the Rosters, to have a copy of them for Offline use.

What a pucked up, messed up rigamorle way to do all this. Especially, since there is a specific Online->Download Rosters-> link from the Menus...

What I was doing was exiting out of online altogether thinking that when I 'saved' the online roster that was enough... but you have to manually save them again. Sheesh..
thanks for this info.

i hadnt figured it out yet myself, and im still wondering why they even put in the menu option to download rosters when they dont even work.

they seemed to drop the ball on this one..

# 48 savoie2006 @ 11/04/10 06:06 PM
It might be that way just until after the patch, who knows.

# 49 newjerseydamo @ 11/04/10 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
It might be that way just until after the patch, who knows.
i wont hold my breath.

# 50 AngelPingu @ 11/05/10 11:25 AM
Since many players are missing because they haven't filled a certain contract yet in the AHL, did someone make a list of all the missing players (especially great prospects) in the game at the moment ? (Quickly, I know Hodgson and Avtsin are missing, but that's all) That would be great.
And is there someone knowing some good prospects from Europe that play in the junior leagues there ?
Thanks.

# 51 tabulaRasa @ 12/22/10 10:12 AM
does this affect HUT also?

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.