Home
NHL 11 News Post

Alain Quinto states...

... barring any issues from 1st party, we should expect the NHL 11 patch on November 9th. Expect a blog later this week from Nate Ng.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 canucksss @ 11/06/10 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
Is there a list of what the patch addresses yet?
#77 (previous page of this thread) =) but i dont know if the xp is in there, it was not stated. but in the other thread, another guy from EA confirmed that XP bug will be resolved in the upcoming patch.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ssue-gm-6.html ---- #54

# 82 speels @ 11/06/10 02:53 PM
To be fair to EA, Redshirt did mention that BC was not really a priority because of the fact the controls are better with the up and down camera. And honestly, their first and foremost goal is to sell games people can play. Video games are made to be played by people, not to be watched as if they were TV. I would guess no more than 3% of gamers sit and watch the CPU play itself, so why would EA focus on the BC when it is a minor issue for them.

One thing IU was hoping that would be addressed in the patch is the fact that cross crease passes, when they are stopped, always, always stay attached to the other teams stick. I would like to see more of these passes just deflected across the ice. The most accurate pass in this game is to the other team as their reception rate is 100%. Not sure if this can be tuned or not.

# 83 Tomba @ 11/06/10 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
To be fair to EA, Redshirt did mention that BC was not really a priority because of the fact the controls are better with the up and down camera. And honestly, their first and foremost goal is to sell games people can play. Video games are made to be played by people, not to be watched as if they were TV. I would guess no more than 3% of gamers sit and watch the CPU play itself, so why would EA focus on the BC when it is a minor issue for them.

One thing IU was hoping that would be addressed in the patch is the fact that cross crease passes, when they are stopped, always, always stay attached to the other teams stick. I would like to see more of these passes just deflected across the ice. The most accurate pass in this game is to the other team as their reception rate is 100%. Not sure if this can be tuned or not.
I pay 60? i EXPECT IT in the game man...

# 84 Tomba @ 11/06/10 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman
If there was ever a "like" button available on OS, it would have been pressed right now. No one has ever said it better. I trust that the dev team will make it a priority for future releases...
It'd be the 3rd year in a row that it wouldn't make it in if it doesn't happen in nhl 12...

# 85 dmacgreg37 @ 11/06/10 03:13 PM
We all pay $60 and they can't put EVERYTHING that EVERY person wants. They have to take the pulse of the community and see what has the MOST demand. I have to agree with the other poster who said that this would be something that wouldn't be used by the masses, and therefore, it needs to be down the list.

# 86 Tomba @ 11/06/10 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacgreg37
We all pay $60 and they can't put EVERYTHING that EVERY person wants. They have to take the pulse of the community and see what has the MOST demand. I have to agree with the other poster who said that this would be something that wouldn't be used by the masses, and therefore, it needs to be down the list.

I feel that BEFORE ANY mode or little tinkering thats happening next year a broadcast cam should be made customizable so that it looks more like a real hockey game.

This is NOT some little add-on......

This getting to the point that no hockey game will EVER look real...

# 87 jaiman @ 11/06/10 07:12 PM
Who says that people don't play with the broadcast camera? It is just as playable as the North to South views once you get used to the controls. I would use the BC 100% of the time while playing (not watching) and I'm sure many others feel the same. I'm sure it's not the most prioritized item on the list, but it should at least be considered at the top of the list.

The devs always say they are aiming for the most authentic hockey game out there...nothing will prove it more than adding a real BC camera!!

# 88 sroz39 @ 11/06/10 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman
Who says that people don't play with the broadcast camera? It is just as playable as the North to South views once you get used to the controls. I would use the BC 100% of the time while playing (not watching) and I'm sure many others feel the same. I'm sure it's not the most prioritized item on the list, but it should at least be considered at the top of the list.

The devs always say they are aiming for the most authentic hockey game out there...nothing will prove it more than adding a real BC camera!!
This is a matter of personal preference. What you're asking for is authentic representation of a TV broadcast of the sport. What I look for in games is something that FEELS like an authentic representation of the sport. So no, what you're saying is not really true from a gameplay standpoint. Presentation, yes. Gameplay, no.

# 89 leafs nation @ 11/06/10 08:09 PM
I think one point for this debate about the brodcast cam is they have a sideview camera. It's not like it's something that is not in the game. If you are going to put one sideview camera option in why not just make it same as a brodcast cam. It would make the people that play that way happier. I think it would look pretty cool too. I could understand if these guys were asking ea to do something that is not even in the game but they are just asking for something that is already there to be made better. Sounds reasonable to me.

# 90 Blueland @ 11/06/10 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx19kilosoldier
Its also never as convoluted as some make it out to be either, just saying.

Biggest issue is the state of games at release. There is no way some of these bugs were not known to the dev team at launch, just no way. They rely on the community to be "understanding" and thats fine to an extent but having very obvious pretty much mode breaking issue like BaGM has at launch rubs people the wrong way. If they want goodwill, release games with goodwill intended, meaning, release your game without known issues and without the attitude of "oh well, we can patch it later."
Hey, I understand how frustrating the BaGM bugs can be. I've personally never seen the bug happen to me (star players being sent to the minors), but I suppose I'm just lucky.

My point in that post was that I think EA knew the bug was there, but knew that it wouldn't be fixed before release. I'm sure the developers don't have the ability to delay release, they can only say what bugs are out there and it's up to a higher-up team to decide if they should still release. Still, those people work for EA so I can certainly understand the frustration, I wouldn't want to be playing against minor league players either.

Either way, it is what it is

# 91 dmacgreg37 @ 11/06/10 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
I feel that BEFORE ANY mode or little tinkering thats happening next year a broadcast cam should be made customizable so that it looks more like a real hockey game.

This is NOT some little add-on......

This getting to the point that no hockey game will EVER look real...
The reason why I disagree with this is the simple fact that they've never gone ahead and added it. Most things the community asks for/demands, they usually eventually get. Maybe they will get this one day, but you'd think if ENOUGH people really really wanted it, it would be in the game already by now.

# 92 jaiman @ 11/06/10 11:55 PM
It may not be their main priority, but I definitely think they should bring it up a few notches. Like leafs nation said. It's not like we're asking for a new feature, we are asking for them to adjust the Broadcast Camera that they already have implemented in the game. Not much to ask for I don't think.

# 93 Tomba @ 11/07/10 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacgreg37
The reason why I disagree with this is the simple fact that they've never gone ahead and added it. Most things the community asks for/demands, they usually eventually get. Maybe they will get this one day, but you'd think if ENOUGH people really really wanted it, it would be in the game already by now.
I feel that it introduces framerate issues and thats why they don't want it in...

# 94 hockeyplayer @ 11/08/10 12:54 AM
It was probably already posted, but I don't want to read the whole thread, so if someone could answer my question, that would be appreciated.

Will the patch fix BaGM dynasties that are already started? I am in a good one, and it would be terrible if I had to quit it.

# 95 kestrel @ 11/08/10 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplayer
It was probably already posted, but I don't want to read the whole thread, so if someone could answer my question, that would be appreciated.

Will the patch fix BaGM dynasties that are already started? I am in a good one, and it would be terrible if I had to quit it.
More than likely it will, though no official word has been given in this regard. I can't think of a patch that required the restart of any kind of dynasty/franchise mode.

# 96 HawkeyMediaPlus @ 11/08/10 05:35 AM
patch is out for Ps3!

# 97 Fiddy @ 11/08/10 09:08 AM
well, hopefully it drops tomorrow on live.

# 98 canucksss @ 11/08/10 01:37 PM
any news when are we going to have the roster update that will have all the AHL players that just signed their PHPA?

# 99 ChewieNhl @ 11/08/10 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplayer

You shouldn't have to restart you BaGM and should be able to continue with it.

# 100 raiger @ 11/08/10 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
any news when are we going to have the roster update that will have all the AHL players that just signed their PHPA?
The EA Podcast said that they are hoping to put out roster updates every two weeks. That would make the next scheduled roster update next Tuesday, on November 16.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.