Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Let us know what you guys think. We'd love to talk about the Madden universe more.

Click here to listen.

Phil

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 RedZoneD25 @ 11/08/10 11:45 AM
Offline franchise with the depth of Head Coach 09, but also with practice squads.

# 42 goodygoody @ 11/08/10 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
My reference was regarding the total number of hi-res characters (fully articulated models + skeletons) rendered on screen at one time. We have 22 players + 7 referees. We also have a fully populated half-resolution sideline, and our variation in rendered equipment is also exponentially more complex than FIFA's. Just sayin'.

Do you guys have any major topics of discussion for future podcasts? I'd love to hear what people would like us to answer the most.
Will superstar mode get any attention this year? At least a new name maybe? lol

# 43 kjcheezhead @ 11/08/10 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
At some point in the future:

1) Any possibilites of bringing last generation features back to the current generation, ie Wr Shading, Individual bmp and run, etc.... save games.

2) Love to have , I think it's Ronnie Morales, chime on how to make Collingsworth and Johnson sound more conversational, similar to 2k hoops dialog.

3) Any attempts of getting rid of bowling pin tackles and having pro-tak become more prominent? For instance, instead of 4 or 5 defensive players surrounding a running back and falling down, have two or three in on the tackle.

That would be my big three.
This x100. I simply can't play this game anymore without the old ps2 features making a return. The game is too simplified and dull without them.

# 44 Danimal @ 11/08/10 02:09 PM
Quote:
Do you guys have any major topics of discussion for future podcasts? I'd love to hear what people would like us to answer the most.
I'd really like to hear about penalties and why they are so hard to represent in a video game. Aside from holding, Defensive PI and Defensive Holding are the most common calls you see on Sunday. In Madden one never occurs and the other doesn't exist.

# 45 wallofhate @ 11/08/10 03:28 PM
I want to hear about the evolution of gameflow. Will it ever get advanced enough to use a 2 back system and place player and certain spots during the course of the game? Small gripe but i never understood why do you tell us the other teams formation on the playcall screen? I like the direction madden is going i just wish it wasnt so uniform. You should movements more ugly like trying to get a sack or catch a ball or even reaching for the endzone give it that determination twisting the body fighting for the ball added to it.

# 46 thejake @ 11/08/10 04:24 PM
Quote:
Any plans to overhaul special teams play? Especially return blocking and coverage? Seems like it hasn't been touched in a long time.

I'd also like to know what the cpu uses to select a defensive play. Does it know the offensive play I picked and does it use that info to help it call a defensive play?

# 47 BezO @ 11/08/10 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejake
Any plans to overhaul special teams play?
Yes please.

Double team gunners on punt return?
More punt formations (spread on one side, tight on the other)?
More punt return formations (double & single team blocks on gunners on each side)?
Middle FG block?
Special teams formation subs(pause menu)?
Trick plays?
Surprise onside?
Kicking meter removed?
Remove arbitrary jumping on FG block?
Special teams ratings?

# 48 at23steelers @ 11/08/10 05:43 PM
Why are penalties so tough to program in?

Crowd noise louder during certain parts of games, along with Gus reacting correctly, and not be more excited when I have it on my own 20 than when I score a TD.

Why doesn't Gus announce before the play, and only announce 3 seconds after something happens?

Why do CPU punters never have good accuracy on punts?

Kicking meter seems dependent only on skill level and not the skill level of the kicker?

Will you start to integrate more ESPN / NFL Network features into Madden 12, to make it look more authentic with presentation of unique stats (where on the field the QB throws the ball, where the RB runs the ball, catches allowed by CB's, franchise mode: future scheduling, announcing talk about story lines and individual players and specific matchups on field). Add NFL today like NBA 2k11 and MLB2k10? http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/04/08...re-in-mlb-2k10

# 49 Palo20 @ 11/08/10 09:13 PM
Ian, I'd love to hear if you have access to "ESPN Stats and Information" and is that something you'll be able to incorporate into Madden to get every coach and team to play as realistically as possible?

Even better, could you use this info to update team tendencies on a weekly basis, including in franchise mode?

# 50 Dog @ 11/08/10 10:24 PM
Quote:

Ian, good to see you post. I would love to hear about what is being done with the physics of the game and also what is being done to offline and online franchise

# 51 davidd @ 11/08/10 11:27 PM
Awesome idea, and its good to hear that Ian actually cares about what we have to say. Seriously 3 things are huge for me

1. Make the franchise mode on par with 05/06/ and 07 for last Gen: Seriously if those games could have a weekly in game radio show with tony bruno and training camp drills that were not only fun as hell but were an easy way to boost stats then there's absolutely no excuse for Next Gen not to have either by this point. This is my biggest gripe with the entire madden franchise right now and I really hope this gets fixed for 12.

2. Fix the damn option plays! an option offensive set isn't an option offensive set at all if the Hb doesn't have THE OPTION to run OR pass the football. I understand that there's worry that online cheezers will abuse this but i dont care one bit. I'd rather deal with the problem of cheezers abusing a play that is actually functionally and theoritically correct then the half *** option plays that are in the game right now.

3. And this is not a biggie at all but id like the ability to edit head coaches anytime during my offline franchise in case of coaching changes etc.

# 52 illwill10 @ 11/09/10 01:28 AM
^^
I want a pratice mode in offline franchise.
It would perfect so you can test out free agents and rookies.
PS2 offline modes were completely better than new generation(besides drafts and progression)
They have a solid base with the gameplay and online now they need to improve gameplay more and Franchise and Superstar(Its not even playable, i buy most sports games for Be a Pro Modes) to become the best football game.
ps. want more attributes and the ability to hide ratings that don't matter like passing for defensive players. Hide potential

# 53 illwill10 @ 11/09/10 01:36 AM
A improved draft.
no potential it ruins the chances of getting gems vs. busts
i would like to see stats and college playbook (like spread) random
less A potential players in certain drafts. it seems like there are alot of A potential players in each draft.
Improved offseason.
I would like to get emails again. It can add alot of replayablilty. Like positition battles, morale, owner.

# 54 Aggies7 @ 11/09/10 02:04 AM
Quote:
My reference was regarding the total number of hi-res characters (fully articulated models + skeletons) rendered on screen at one time. We have 22 players + 7 referees. We also have a fully populated half-resolution sideline, and our variation in rendered equipment is also exponentially more complex than FIFA's. Just sayin'.

Would love to hear about defensive player lock i.e. NCAA Football. Anything new planned for presentation. And some information on depth of Franchise like what are yalls ideas. Halftime show and improved Weekly show. Maybe ingame scores from other games in your franchise. Thanks Ian.

# 55 rooney8 @ 11/09/10 10:22 AM
1. Offline franchise.

2. Defense
More pre-snap options on D. I feel like a spectator on D. I want to be able to tell the 10 guys I am not controlling exactly what to do so when they make a play I feel like I made a play. Tackling is too basic. Complicate it up a little.

# 56 RGiles36 @ 11/09/10 11:01 AM
Quote:
This is a loaded question, but why has the attempt at broadcast presentation been so underwhelming the last 2 years? And is there anything being done to nail it like some of the other notable sports games are? Or, is it not Madden's/Tiburon's intention to deliver that broadcast experience?

# 57 Cnada @ 11/09/10 11:06 AM
Quote:

Sure since most of the guys on the team including yourself developed old-gen Madden
Id like to hear some of your best moments/features and franchise triumphs and failures

I had alot of fun doing the mini-games with friends, man was the kicking and punting games a real skill loved it!

# 58 guaps @ 11/09/10 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Is there anywhere else to gain access to the podcast ? Ever since it was posted the link hasn't worked for me on multiple computers.

All it says is 410-gone.
There's a working link in Phil Frazier's tweet quoted below:

Quote:
Welcome to the first Madden NFL 11 Podcast straight from the Madden designers. http://fb.me/JrHusdz8

# 59 Winnipeg59 @ 11/09/10 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
There's a working link in Phil Frazier's tweet quoted below:
Thank you!

# 60 ZoneKIller @ 11/09/10 09:33 PM
Any plans on TeamBuilder coming to Madden?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.