Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Let us know what you guys think. We'd love to talk about the Madden universe more.

Click here to listen.

Phil

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 roadman @ 11/13/10 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I agree they should have got them back to ps2 caliber and it does happen in real life. 2 specific examples for me.

2. AJ Hawk has been criticized for his coverage skills. As of week 8, he has 8 passes defensed and 2 ints, both tops for lbs. Obviously, he focusing on this part of his game.
There is $11 million reasons for that.

# 82 rooney8 @ 11/13/10 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
There is $11 million reasons for that.
But if progression is right then that should happen anyway. The idea of being able to pick players to improve will never fly with me. A player can be stinking it up every Sunday but I can be improving him every week. Niot a big deal if it was there but I wouldn't use it.

# 83 kjcheezhead @ 11/13/10 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
Sure players focus on improving particular skills but usually in the off-season and the coach definately doesn't sit down every week and pick 3 lucky players and exactly what he wants to improve. I am sure Rex Ryan would like V.Gholston to improve his football I.Q. and I bet Vernon has tried but that doesn't make it so.
Well then they could build off of that in the game. Have it only happen in the offseason, like voluntary camps. If you try and build up a player with poor work ethic, the game will simply tell you.. "Randy Moss and Brett Favre have chosen to skip voluntary workouts."

# 84 goodygoody @ 11/13/10 08:26 PM
Quote:
But if progression is right then that should happen anyway. The idea of being able to pick players to improve will never fly with me. A player can be stinking it up every Sunday but I can be improving him every week. Niot a big deal if it was there but I wouldn't use it.
To each his own. But, I just like the option. Especially now that they have player potential. You mentioned progression. But, what does progression do for that player who has A potential but isn't quite ready to start yet? Its times like these where I would love to be able to work with a player off the field until I feel that he is ready to be a starter for my team.

# 85 goodygoody @ 11/13/10 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Well then they could build off of that in the game. Have it only happen in the offseason, like voluntary camps. If you try and build up a player with poor work ethic, the game will simply tell you.. "Randy Moss and Brett Favre have chosen to skip voluntary workouts."
I would release both of them lol but I love the idea.

# 86 Winnipeg59 @ 11/13/10 11:35 PM
Quote:
I think it would be fantastic if the progression was dynamic week-to-week. So instead of needing to focus on a part of a game, if a player has a phenomenal week (in that part of his game), then some small progression should occur in areas responsible for that success. The opposite would be possible too. If you stink, you regress.
Kind of like what the humans do each week with the roster rating alterations (except dynamic within the game)?

# 87 phant030 @ 11/14/10 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg59
I think it would be fantastic if the progression was dynamic week-to-week. So instead of needing to focus on a part of a game, if a player has a phenomenal week (in that part of his game), then some small progression should occur in areas responsible for that success. The opposite would be possible too. If you stink, you regress.
Kind of like what the humans do each week with the roster rating alterations (except dynamic within the game)?
Used to be like that in NCAA back in the day. Dynamic in game ratings. I would love to have this back and added to madden.

# 88 Skyboxer @ 11/14/10 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodygoody
To each his own. But, I just like the option. Especially now that they have player potential. You mentioned progression. But, what does progression do for that player who has A potential but isn't quite ready to start yet? Its times like these where I would love to be able to work with a player off the field until I feel that he is ready to be a starter for my team.
Totally agree. I hate having a static number that says what a player will be. So what if they is potential and progression. Progression and potential should be directly affected by how much work he puts in on practice and pee season. Just because he has a high potential rating etc shouldnt mean he just automatically goes up or down. Let coaching staff, practice schedule etc... Affect the final progression.

Of course I'm one who thinks ratings should be invisible anyways. Let the combine and play on the field make the coaches decide who can do what. Things like 40 time, strength can be rated but most others should be hidden IF you really want to be a 'coach' and not just a number cruncher.

Let play on the field dictate a players worth in all aspects. If a wr rated 90 gets 10 catches for 270 yards he shouldn't be sought after more that a wr rated 80 with 29 catches for 700 yards.

Just my .02

# 89 Winnipeg59 @ 11/16/10 10:26 AM
I try and convince myself that the player is indeed working hard (or not) in the practices before every game (pre-season or regular season) and that will contribute to the progression (or not) for a player.
And that a potential A will be a little more commited (or not)?

Plus, I also like to think that if you (or your coaching staff) get them into a few games, in some capacity (late in a blow out, either way - subbing for injury - just taking a start because your vet isn't performing on a bad team), that will also contribute to their progression?

Maybe that could be something incorporated into the coaching "ratings"?
- works well with younger players to aid procession
- works better with a veteran team to keep from regressing (which might slow down progression of younger players)
- task-master that works the players hard
- player-friendly (that will have a different set of bonuses)

A big picture sort of thing instead of trying to work-out a 53+ man roster each week. I'd never make it through a year, let alone a 30-year franchise...
But that's me...

# 90 lgxjames @ 11/16/10 02:33 PM
good listen

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.