Home
NHL 11 News Post

From the podcast.
  • Saskatoon Blades and a few other teams are now playable in season mode without the game breaking
From ChewieNHL (EA dev)
  • 1500XP bug in BaGM fixed
  • Jr. players becoming FA's too early in BaGM
From Redshirt:
  • Fixes for several rare crashes during gameplay.
  • Fix problem that resulted in attributes of players who drop from OTP/EASHL games not being reset to the default attributes for AI players.
  • Prevent push puck while holding the pass button (prevents an exploit).
  • Prevent the face-off deke move from being done on a backhand face-off grip.
  • Eliminated several situations where the puck could be poked out of the goalie's glove as he is getting up or covering the puck against the side of the net.
  • Allow shots that are blocked without using the shot block control to count in shot block stats (but they will not contribute to teamplay scores in Be A Pro, Online Team Play or EASHL modes).
  • Fix some situations where a puck off the skate was incorrectly being considered a deliberate kick and resulting in goals being disallowed that should not have been.
  • Fix for cases where the goalie would sweep the puck into his own net when attempting to clear it.
  • Fix problem that prevented the opposing team from being able to pick up slap passes in some situations.
  • Prevent fake shot from being used when doing protect puck.
  • Force self-boardplay pin to have a minimum duration to prevent an exploit.
  • Fix for a case where broken or dropped sticks would disappear from the ice.
  • Fix problem where the first powerplay forward line was being put out following a delayed penalty, regardless of what line the user selected.
  • Prevent stick lifts from working on a player while he is doing the "jump over" deke.
  • Fix problem where injured players could get stuck on the ice.
  • Fix problem allowing hard passes off of a face-off.
  • Fix problem that sometimes caused a defenseman to be positioned on the wrong side for short-handed defensive zone face-offs.
  • Increase the effect of the stick checking attribute on stick lifts.
  • Prevent flip dump from being used directly on a face-off.
  • Prevent situations where a player could go directly from being down on the ice into a slapshot windup.
  • Improve defensive awareness attribute effect on interceptions.
  • Cause players to slow down more while skating using protect puck control.
  • Add additional pass error to the AI players to balance the fact that humans players have imprecise controller input.
There are also several bug fixes made possible by the patch that will be activated through the next tuning update, these include:
  • Enabling auto-backskate setting to work in online games.
  • Reducing the ease of losing an edge and falling down while skating without the puck.
  • Fix problem where players will fall easily again immediately after losing an edge a first time.
  • Increase how aggressive AI defenders are on the rush making it less easy to gain the zone by skating wide on them every time.
  • Increase friction when diving and reduce the effectiveness of diving poke checks at knocking the puck away from the puck carrier.
  • Increase the acceleration and top speed of a player using push puck, which had been lowered to prevent the push puck exploit (mentioned above).
That tuning update will also include other gameplay tuning, details to follow. It is possible it will be broken up into two separate updates if the patches for PS3 and 360 do not come out at the same time because the auto-backskate fix has to happen for both at once because they get the same tuning file and without the patch the change will cause problems.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 canucksss @ 11/07/10 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Looking forward to downloading the patch/tuner.

I'm not really all that far into my current GM mode, so I might just restart after the patch comes available. I know we most likely won't HAVE to restart to take advantage of the patch. But it would be kinda nice to restart with some of the game play fixes/adjustments....and the GM mode fixes as well.
not only that but you will re-start your GM mode with accurate rosters =)

# 22 BaylorBearBryant @ 11/07/10 02:30 AM
I was hoping they would add more dressing rooms to EASHL club and fix the mics on the PS3... the ability to save the custom cam would be nice as well. Auto-cover for goalies needs to be addressed, but at least they're fixing auto-backskate.

# 23 patsfan188 @ 11/07/10 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
not only that but you will re-start your GM mode with accurate rosters =)
accurate rosters? Skinner being a 68 still is accurate? He's only leading the Canes in points.

# 24 Perceptor @ 11/07/10 12:19 PM
68 might be a little low, but EA isn't going to significantly raise stats because players have started off well. We're in November. If he's still doing well later on, then his ratings will go up I'm sure

# 25 canucksss @ 11/07/10 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan188
accurate rosters? Skinner being a 68 still is accurate? He's only leading the Canes in points.
what i mean by accurate is that the players are on their right team at the start of the season. im sure ratings will be adjusted properly in the near future.

# 26 DrPhibes @ 11/07/10 01:35 PM
So will I have to restart my BAGM in order for the 1500xp fix to take place, or will it take effect the following season in my BAGM?

# 27 BTW8892 @ 11/07/10 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
what i mean by accurate is that the players are on their right team at the start of the season. im sure ratings will be adjusted properly in the near future.
Yes that is very true, EA stated in their roster update blog that with the bi-weekly updates, in which they will update players overalls accordingly. As many other people have said, we're still in November, they'll have to keep playing good, than they'll receive an overall upgrade.

# 28 cheechoo98 @ 11/07/10 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssx95351
I hope this patch fixes the fact that in BAP when you play in Broadcast cam view shooting is not camera relative! Broadcast cam is fine in Online VS and offline. Pushing up to shoot in Broadcast cam is confusing as hell.
Well, it's not mentioned, so you probably have your answer right there.

As well, make sure to check your control settings, and make sure your shooting is set to camera relative. That might do it.. ( not sure, because I don't play Broadcast Cam) But that's the ticket in the normal cameras.

# 29 BTW8892 @ 11/07/10 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheechoo98
Well, it's not mentioned, so you probably have your answer right there.

As well, make sure to check your control settings, and make sure your shooting is set to camera relative. That might do it.. ( not sure, because I don't play Broadcast Cam) But that's the ticket in the normal cameras.
It's not mentioned because Redshirt only named the main ones that were part of his department, which is game play. As stated on the EA Forums, not everything was listed that we'll be included in the patch. This might very well be fixed too.

# 30 Qb @ 11/08/10 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssx95351
I hope this patch fixes the fact that in BAP when you play in Broadcast cam view shooting is not camera relative! Broadcast cam is fine in Online VS and offline. Pushing up to shoot in Broadcast cam is confusing as hell.
I used broadcast camera for offline & versus (on the rare occasion I play it). We've never been able to use it for OTP, so I asked Reshirt about it at the community event in May. He wasn't aware of the issue, but and though it wasn't his area, he said he'd look into it. He did and as you can see, they were able to make it available for OTP... however, for some reason the controls are locked to always up in OTP games. We cannot set them to camera relative, but again Jason said he'd pass it along to the right people in hopes of correcting it. Not sure if they were able to fix it for the patch.

Also not sure if the custom camera parameter save problem is fixed. I told Redshirt about it even before release when I got my copy, so hopefully they were able to resolve it. Again, remember Jason's list was for the gameplay stuff he has direct knowledge of... it was not comprehensive.

# 31 FBeaule04 @ 11/08/10 12:00 PM
I may have miss it, but does it fix the boost slot glitching that allow a player to get +15 in 4 attributes?

# 32 BTW8892 @ 11/08/10 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
I may have miss it, but does it fix the boost slot glitching that allow a player to get +15 in 4 attributes?
Yes, the patch will also fix that as well with many other game play refinements.

# 33 RoyalBoyle78 @ 11/08/10 01:13 PM
Don't see any details in the patch list about GM mode being fixed at all, this game will go up on ebay.

# 34 Gangrel @ 11/08/10 01:54 PM
They haven't released a full list of fixes. Just gameplay so far.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

# 35 RoyalBoyle78 @ 11/08/10 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel
They haven't released a full list of fixes. Just gameplay so far.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
Really......http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/11/06...-patch-details

# 36 erich20012001 @ 11/08/10 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
That's the same list from two days ago, the one that is supposedly(well it is) just gameplay fixes. Not the full patch.

# 37 BTW8892 @ 11/08/10 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erich20012001
That's the same list from two days ago, the one that is supposedly(well it is) just gameplay fixes. Not the full patch.
Yes, this is true, the ones listed are mainly gameplay fixes that the patch will offer. We haven't heard what else will be released along with it.

# 38 kt-od @ 11/08/10 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
FF. Read this paragraph. It says that it's not the complete list. Just gameplay fixes.

Quote:
A patch for NHL 11 is nearing release for the 360 and PS3 and could make their way out as early as this coming week. Continue on for a list of details for the patch focusing on the gameplay improvements and some other fixes. There are more changes that will be delivered in the patch but this represents all the known fixes and adjustments so far.

# 39 Lenkbron @ 11/08/10 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erich20012001
I hope you are right. I love to play with a friend on the same 360 and they need to fix the alternating camera problem, cause it's always alternating even when you put it on home or away up, whick sucks major.

# 40 OutcastNeedhelp37 @ 11/09/10 12:59 PM
What about Roster fix.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.