Home
FIFA 11 News Post

The FIFA Soccer 11 patch is available now for the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

Want to know what's in the patch? Click here.

Game: FIFA Soccer 11Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 LucianoJJ @ 02/10/11 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
Sadly this is my experience as a single player gamer as well. I usually throw it on every week or so hoping for a better experience but it only takes about half an hour for me to become frustrated. The game engine is beautiful, I love the ball physics and it looks great but the CPU just feels really one dimensional and every opponent feels exactly the same to play against.

I agree. I wish when the Ultimate Team or Roster Updates are released, they could release a gameplay patch, as well.

# 102 ezio @ 02/10/11 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
Sadly this is my experience as a single player gamer as well. I usually throw it on every week or so hoping for a better experience but it only takes about half an hour for me to become frustrated. The game engine is beautiful, I love the ball physics and it looks great but the CPU just feels really one dimensional and every opponent feels exactly the same to play against. Not to mention that the manager mode is really, really dry.

I'm sure its a blast in multiplayer against an opponent who loves football though.
Multiplayer/Online and Clubs is the only reason I still play it. Although I do play Ultimate team sometimes too.

For offline, the Master League in PES blows away Manager Mode.

# 103 Flightwhite24 @ 02/12/11 04:33 PM
Don't know a helluva lot about soccer other than in school coming up but DAMN do I love this game and watching it on tv. I'm B-ball man but this game is just money

# 104 cable guy @ 02/14/11 09:47 AM
Sorry I am late to joining this thread.

But I am a casual soccer fan and gamer.

I had World Cup and FIFA 10 and loved them.

Is this game simular?

# 105 Randiesel75 @ 02/14/11 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
Sorry I am late to joining this thread.

But I am a casual soccer fan and gamer.

I had World Cup and FIFA 10 and loved them.

Is this game simular?
The game is great.

# 106 cable guy @ 02/14/11 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randiesel75
The game is great.
That cinches it for me.

I have enough positive feed back on this thread, to convince me I will love this game as with the others.

It seems alot of the problems are on much higher levels than I play on. Semi-Pro.

# 107 BlingBling19 @ 02/15/11 01:03 PM
What did the patch today fix??? Or is my PS3 acting up or something?? It was a 42 MB download.

# 108 ezio @ 02/15/11 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlingBling19
What did the patch today fix??? Or is my PS3 acting up or something?? It was a 42 MB download.
I believe it is to get ready for the updates to Ultimate team on thursday.

# 109 Qb @ 02/18/11 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
That cinches it for me.

I have enough positive feed back on this thread, to convince me I will love this game as with the others.

It seems alot of the problems are on much higher levels than I play on. Semi-Pro.
I think a lot of the negative feedback or frustration is more due to ongoing sore spots that appear year after year than an overall poor game. Things like easy tackling/pressure and a rather straightforward & shallow manager mode experience. There are some fabulous pieces in place, particularly with the controls/animations/etc, but they just can't put it all together for some.

Personally, I'm taking a FIFA break for now, but I've been playing the series a lot since FIFA08. I'm sure I'll pick it back up at some point... it's still a great multiplayer experience if you play with the right people.

# 110 StormJH1 @ 03/02/11 02:55 PM
Agreed. I came VERY close to trading this game in after being fanatical about FIFA 10 the year before. But I'm glad I kept it.

FIFA 10 was such a huge step forward with 360 controls, etc., that I think people were mostly irritated at some of the things they took away in FIFA 11 (like MM features, etc.)

But if you look at the whole package, the aerial game in FIFA 11 really is brilliant - it's equal parts player skill, player size, and controller timing/positioning to pull it off. Also, from a visual/presentation aspect, there are a lot of little touches, like player faces, celebrations, crowd noise, and the sound the ball makes when it hits the back of the net that are really immersive.

# 111 JimmyDeicide @ 03/17/11 08:10 PM
Got prompted for another 6 meg update today , any ideas what it was?

# 112 krulmichael @ 03/18/11 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
Got prompted for another 6 meg update today , any ideas what it was?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...patch-out.html

# 113 Qb @ 03/18/11 02:42 PM
To avoid confusion, I'm closing this thread which was for the older patch. Please use the sticky thread linked above. Thanks.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.