Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Vast @ 11/12/10 07:39 PM
Meh.

I was hoping to see some gameplay.

I really have no desire to play through a Rocky movie.

I really hope they focused more on Legacy mode than this story crap.

# 2 NYG_Meth @ 11/12/10 07:55 PM
Looks pretty damn good to me

# 3 Jukeman @ 11/12/10 08:34 PM
I agree with Vast lol

# 4 NYG_Meth @ 11/12/10 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
I agree with Vast lol
They NEVER show gameplay in the debut trailers. Having said that, for what it is, it looks good.

# 5 Sausage @ 11/12/10 08:52 PM
I know it wasn't the best representation of boxing, but I really enjoyed the story mode career of DON KING's Boxing. Now, I hope Fight Night separates itself with multiple branching story paths and a good variety of cutscenes. Overall I thought it was cool and excitement meter is high.

# 6 Jukeman @ 11/12/10 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
They NEVER show gameplay in the debut trailers. Having said that, for what it is, it looks good.
I mainly talking about his Rocky comment.

I could care less about starting my story in a bare knuckle fight in prison...Just give me a deep legacy/career mode

I am pretty confident about the gameplay.

# 7 SteelerSpartan @ 11/12/10 10:51 PM
Hmm....nice trailer.....EA have mastered this art over the years with all their games...so not really a surprise Im impressed with this

Story mode looks like a nice addition...hopefully the production value transfers over into the training montages and Power Walks to the ring.....

One concern I have about presentation though.....is that I hope they haven't forgotten the allure of a powerful Broadcast Presentation......

I enjoy the cinematic style of the Rocky films too, but most of the time Id rather play in a TV Style Broadcast Type...with the appropriate camera angles that mirror what I see on HBO.....Its a big reason why Im digging NBA 2k11 this year....They brought in TV Crews/Teams to help them coordinate the cameras and flow of how to cover the game

There wasn't much to take from in terms of gameplay, other then I hope Brizzo and the team have been able to restrain themselves and not go overboard with all that good looking blood.....Hopefully we get a variety of results based on ratings....and not bloodbaths every fight

^^^Madden/NCAA have a nasty habit of beating people over the head with new features....Again I hope FNC lets me enjoy the bloodbaths when they do happen, instead of loathing them for their frequency

And at the very least...........Give Us Tons of Powerful Sliders to tune things :!: and that goes for everything...gameplay...Presentation(God Id love to set my own camera angle)....everything

# 8 Phobia @ 11/13/10 09:14 AM
I was there and this video got me even more pumped to get the game in my hands!!

# 9 DaveDQ @ 11/13/10 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan

One concern I have about presentation though.....is that I hope they haven't forgotten the allure of a powerful Broadcast Presentation......

I enjoy the cinematic style of the Rocky films too, but most of the time Id rather play in a TV Style Broadcast Type...with the appropriate camera angles that mirror what I see on HBO.....Its a big reason why Im digging NBA 2k11 this year....They brought in TV Crews/Teams to help them coordinate the cameras and flow of how to cover the game
I agree. There is drama in a well done TV Broadcast. Just think of Cosell shouting "Down goes Frazier!" There's a fine line betweeen gushing with or trying to force it, but good presentation adds multiple layers to the experience.

# 10 80tiesBaBy @ 11/14/10 12:27 PM
not impressed dont care about no story mode focus on rosters sig styles n gameplay oh n presentation.if your goanna put a story mode please give me other options.

# 11 DaveDQ @ 11/14/10 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80tiesBaBy
not impressed dont care about no story mode focus on rosters sig styles n gameplay oh n presentation.if your goanna put a story mode please give me other options.
The do. Legacy mode is still there.

# 12 ccoaxum @ 11/15/10 11:58 AM
yea i liked the video, but i'm more concern with the roster(like is mayweather in this game?) and the gameplay it's self since they got new control schemes.

# 13 acarrero @ 11/15/10 01:11 PM
"Over 55 licensed boxers" - it looks like all the ones from FN4, including the DLC add-ons like De La Hoya are in the game. This is good. Now they just need to add about 12 more fighters to make the rosters pretty darn good, guys like Floyd, Paul Williams, Juanma Lopez, Kahn, Berto, and a few more old-timers - personally I'd like to see Trinidad, Camacho, and Wilfredo Gomez added. Hope boxershare is better than ever.

Any word on the announcers? I liked Teddy Atlas a lot in FN4, other than the HBO cast, I'll take him.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.