Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

2K Sports Names Roy Halladay of the Philadelphia Phillies as Cover Athlete for Major League Baseball® 2K11

2K Sports predicts Halladay will win Cy Young Award tomorrow

New York, NY - November 15, 2010- 2K Sports announced today that they have named Philadelphia Phillies™ ace pitcher, Roy Halladay, as the cover athlete for their upcoming video game Major League Baseball® 2K11, the next iteration of the popular Major League Baseball 2K series. Halladay, who this season became one of only 20 pitchers in Major League Baseball history to throw a perfect game, continues 2K Sports' tradition of bringing today's premier players to the most realistic sports simulation titles available. Despite gracing the cover of this year's title and having a phenomenally successful year, Halladay remains humbled at 2K Sports' prediction that he will win the National League Cy Young Award tomorrow for his impressive feats on the mound.

"I'm honored to be on the cover of Major League Baseball 2K11," said Halladay, who also pitched a no-hitter in this year's Major League Baseball postseason. "I'm not one for predictions, but should 2K Sports be right about tomorrow, well, that would be a great way to end the year."

If Halladay wins the National League Cy Young Award tomorrow, he will also become the fifth pitcher to win the coveted award in both leagues, as he previously won it in 2003 while a member of the Toronto Blue Jays. Halladay was recently honored by his peers, when he was named the 2010 Players Choice Award winner for the National League Outstanding Pitcher. One of the most dominant and consistent pitchers of his era, Halladay is an especially appropriate representative for the Major League Baseball 2K series' Total Control Pitching mechanic, which gives players an unprecedented level of control and accuracy on the mound.

"In the 'Year of the Pitcher', Roy has truly distinguished himself as the best pitcher in baseball," said Greg Thomas, senior vice president of sports development for 2K. "Between his dominating season that included baseball's 20th perfect game, and his exciting performance during the postseason, we believe there is no player more worthy of representing our revolutionary pitching mechanic on the cover of Major League Baseball 2K11 than Roy Halladay."

Developed by 2K Sports' Visual Concepts studio, Major League Baseball 2K11 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available this spring for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 (PS3™) and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Wii™ system and Windows PC. For more information, please visit http://www.2ksports.com

Major League Baseball 2K11 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jeffy777 @ 11/17/10 04:30 PM
Just saw a trailer commercial on MLB Network. Looked pretty good.

# 22 RoyalBoyle78 @ 11/19/10 11:24 AM
wish we could have got a screen.

# 23 steveHOLT.canuck @ 11/19/10 05:27 PM
I thought I had seen a screen shot so I went back to look and I did find one on baseballdigest.com. IMHO, doc is looking good.

# 24 Blzer @ 11/19/10 07:02 PM
Here's another one:

# 25 Blzer @ 11/19/10 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Looks like 2k got-it right again. Halladay wins Cy Young in a unanimous vote...
Well technically they predicted Johan Santana would win the NL Cy Young when they simulated last season with MLB 2K10.

# 26 EnigmaNemesis @ 11/19/10 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Here's another one:

I was just going to say, that Halladay photo is definitely, um, fishy. Best aliasing (lack there of) ever in the history of gaming.

/sigh 2K, some things never change.

# 27 rudyjuly2 @ 11/24/10 06:54 AM
I don't care much about the cover athlete. I want more info on game improvements!

# 28 nemesis04 @ 11/24/10 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Just saw a trailer commercial on MLB Network. Looked pretty good.
On that commercial I could of swore that it said gameplay footage from MLB 2k10. It shows up on the bottom right during the commercial.

# 29 bigfnjoe96 @ 11/24/10 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
On that commercial I could of swore that it said gameplay footage from MLB 2k10. It shows up on the bottom right during the commercial.
Yeah that was 2k10 footage.

# 30 jeffy777 @ 11/24/10 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Ahhhh, I see. Well, it did look good, so as long as 2K11 looks the same or better, I'll be happy. I'm more concerned about the gameplay anyway. I liked 2K10 for the most part, it just needs a few tweaks here and there.

# 31 rudyjuly2 @ 11/24/10 07:05 PM
I can live with the player models and graphics. It's the animations that need the most work along with gameplay improvements.

# 32 Blzer @ 11/24/10 08:21 PM
I can live with the 360 graphics, but the PS3 version seems to take the unnecessary hit all of the time.

They definitely have to give better hitting camera options, though. Give me a 2K8 cam again, please. Or something close to The Show's offset camera.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.