Home
Gran Turismo 5 News Post

According to multiple sources, Gran Turismo 5 takes up to 50 minutes to install.

Quote:
"The game’s install takes about 40 minutes. You’re warned that it might be closer to 50, but Amar’s installation was done in ten minutes less than that, so it presumably depends a little on your model of PS3 and the hard drive you’ve got installed. The space taken is actually about 6.4GB, but that space gradually unpacks as you’re playing to be closer to the previously mentioned 10GB. In short, better make some room before the game’s release next week."

Game: Gran Turismo 5Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 16 - View All
Gran Turismo 5 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 JohnnytheSkin @ 11/19/10 10:17 AM
No biggie...I'll just read my book or watch TV while it's installing.

# 2 Blzer @ 11/19/10 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin
No biggie...I'll just read my book or watch TV while it's installing.
For sure. We've waited years for the game, we can wait another 50 minutes.

# 3 ps3veron @ 11/19/10 11:13 AM
Can someone help clarify this? Is the 10GB optional or not? Seems like if its installing in the background then that's not really optional.

# 4 EnigmaNemesis @ 11/19/10 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
Can someone help clarify this? Is the 10GB optional or not? Seems like if its installing in the background then that's not really optional.
As far as we know it is optional. There are two methods.

The install took about 40 minutes the guy said, and installed over 6.5GB of data, then over the course of playing it will stream install the rest for up to 10 gigs (he thinks).

Quote:
Kindly note that this installation is optional and you can play the game without doing this. It only requires 256 MB of your HDD if you decide against doing it but it’s highly recommended that you do if you plan on spending days with the game like we do. Don’t forget to keep visiting, we will be posting our review before you know it!
http://www.gamersmint.com/first-gt5-...-size-revealed

# 5 oldman @ 11/19/10 02:32 PM
So what happens if you don't install it? Does it just take longer on loading screens and so on or what?

# 6 EnigmaNemesis @ 11/19/10 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
So what happens if you don't install it? Does it just take longer on loading screens and so on or what?
Yeah pretty much. The loading screens probably take longer, and overall does not feel as smooth.

It was like that on the PSP. If you did not install it to the memory stick, then the load times were practically double, and the menus, etc did not feel as smooth.

Once installed on the memory stick, the UMD almost never spins (only to boot the game up), and everything is lightning fast in comparison.

# 7 DickDalewood @ 11/20/10 09:07 AM
If you have the space, I really don't see why you WOULDN'T install, other than being someone who lacks some serious patience. It's 50 min... get home, put the game in, and go eat some dinner or something. By the time your done, then it'll be ready to go.

# 8 Earl1963 @ 11/20/10 11:02 AM
I may end up watching that bar load for the full 50 minutes in anticipation.

# 9 EnigmaNemesis @ 11/20/10 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
I may end up watching that bar load for the full 50 minutes in anticipation.
This will be us staring at the install...

# 10 teampunjabi @ 11/20/10 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
Let's hope near the end a prompt doesn't come up saying:
"INSTALL 96%, 97%, 98%: INSTALLED IS BEING PUSHED BACK TO 1/1/11"
LOL...I dont mind it all to be honest. I prefer it actually.

# 11 King10Sooted @ 11/24/10 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
This will be us staring at the install...

Was pretty much me, I looked over at the computer to check the forums here every few mins though. Has said "45 seconds remaining" for what feels like 3 hours on my install lol.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.