Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

NBA 2K11 patch v1.2 is available for the PS3 and 360. Please post your impressions here.

Just in case you missed them last night, here are the patch details.

Note - THIS PATCH WILL WORK WITH YOUR PRE-EXISTING ASSOCIATION OR SEASON.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 belliveau1918 @ 11/24/10 12:43 PM
No seriously....the shot-releases online have changed.

...I mean, that's kinda a big deal. Are we the only guys that have noticed?

# 102 jeebs9 @ 11/24/10 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Jeebs can you give me any insight to this my man?
I can't say animations were removed.... But I can say when I had Tony Parker in the open court. It was pretty hard to get a body in front of me. You saw more of the "slip by" animations if the defender wasn't that good.

# 103 TheKasmar @ 11/24/10 12:44 PM
I was one of those that had the load file freeze pre-patch. I'm glad that it's been fixed.

I played online this morning and the contact in the paint is a welcome addition. Also, the help defense is much better. I played a Jazz user who settled for outside jumpers for the first 3 quarters. He was down so he started going to the paint more. Since he just rushed into the paint with no plan, he was penalized. Before the patch, he would've dunked all over my players.

I'm glad that low level defenders cant play bumper cars on the perimeter any more. If you want to lock down a top level dribbler then you better have a decent defender on them now.

# 104 rockchisler @ 11/24/10 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noles4ever
Is this the patch that was talked about yesterday at 4 pm?
Sorry but gotta be a jerk on this one....um no this is a new magic patch that no one knew about..but seriously of course it is..

# 105 makarios247 @ 11/24/10 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nry20
My initial impression is that I've wasted a lot of time on myplayer;

My experience with my pointguard (72 overall);
Last night I was in the rookie game, followed by the all star game, avged 38 points, 9 assists, 3 steals through those games. Log on to xbox live this morning, patch and.. Through 2 games against teams my team was 2-0 against I avged 16 pts, 4 assists, 1 steal. That's a huge down, the automatic play calling is brutal, when I get 10 pts in the first quarter (trying to draw a dbl team for easier assists) they automatically move me to SG. In order to receive the ball as SG I must do the play that is being called, which means 60% of the time I don't get the ball, even with the highest PPG and FG% in the nba on his myplayer.
As my guy is 5'7" with capped quickness and speed, a long with capped hands, most of his points rely on the fast break. Taking ~5 seconds to go from rack to rack it used to be basically only mildly contested dunk. Now they don't even try to pass it to me; absolutely horrible. I can't imagine a situation where someone who can beat everyone upcourt wouldn't get the ball on 90% of fast breaks. I got 2 fastbreak buckets between the 2 games, compared to averaging 13 per game prior.

My experience with my SF (92 overall);
Absolutely horrible. Went from about 50 points per game (45-60ish, depending on who playing) to about 28-32. The shots that the play calling was giving me were reading as "Bad Shot Selection" from mid range, even with capped mid ranged shooting skills. I was shooting 74% with ~50 pts a game with mostly jumpers, after this patch it looks like I'll be shooting 45% with 30 pts a game.

In general I'd love to see the automatic play calling go, it's just aweful. Beyond that the contested dunks are awesome. My 7' SF with 99 vertical (and capped off/def rebounding) is actually grabbing more rebounds than millsap (my sf is on the jazz) which makes a lot more sense to me. The rest of the changes seemed great.

So in short, if you don't want to read all of that, the major issues I have with this that are going to make me not play this game very seriously until fixed are;
Fast Break AI (If my guy is the only person down there why wouldn't he get a pass with 99 hands? This makes no sense to me. I can't call for the ball everytime (even though I catch it when I do) because once in awhile they actually do throw it down and for some dumb reason my guy quick-passes when they do if I'm trying to call for the pass)
Automatic play call; speaks for itself in how silly and pointless it is in myplayer. What's the point of telling people their basketball IQ if they don't need to have any basketball IQ to play the game anymore? Icing out key-players and key-playmakers because of their rating is terrible. If one player is shooting 70+% for the season there's no reason to throw the ball to someone who is shooting 20% and only making shots off of offensive rebonds.
I agree with this post completely. My player has been ruined because now I am forced to call plays.

# 106 TheKasmar @ 11/24/10 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by belliveau1918

I only played one game online so I assumed that the lag varies. For the game I played I had to hold the shot super late.

# 107 jeebs9 @ 11/24/10 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
The perimeter bumping has been greatly reduced. Fullcourt man is not nearly as effective as it was pre-patch. Apparently, the patch really did apply to in-progress Associations.

Online, I cannot make a 3pt shot. I was getting wide open looks and consistently bricking them. It seems a lot harder to get a perfect release post-patch.

The new mid-air collisions are great; I've countered two spin dunks already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by belliveau1918

I have to agree here guys. The I play likes to shot a lot of 3 pointers (plays with the Suns). But this morning I've never see him miss so many 3's. It will probably just take some time getting use to to the new releases. He was telling me that the releases were much more later. I missed my fair share too. It just an adjustment period.

My question now... What do you guy think online guys will relie on now? No more spin dunk/hopstep or touchdown passes. What will they lean on now?

# 108 jeebs9 @ 11/24/10 12:50 PM
Quote:
Same here. I don't think it has anything to do w/ lag. Just release like you would offline.
I thought the samething after my game.

# 109 NINJAK2 @ 11/24/10 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
My friend and I in our online game tried throwing long passes over and over in the first quarter. Only one got through. And the pass was from Steve Nash. It barely got through. Stamia was changed too. He likes to fastbreak a lot with the Suns. Nash and Parker were pretty tired at the end of the quarter (They both had G's). Like I said before.... I only got one spin dunk to work. And I have to say it looked pretty legit.

We know that already. It's that it doesn't appear. While I've seen 3 people here say they saw it appear. I didn't see it in 3 games.
Thanks jeebs. Can't wait to play online again...

# 110 Paul84 @ 11/24/10 12:56 PM
How can i change the ps3 region?

# 111 jeebs9 @ 11/24/10 12:58 PM
The one thing I'm a little worried about guys is this line.
"-The ballhandler will no longer pick up his dribble when a ‘take charge’ attempt fails"

If that is the case when will a player pick-up his dribble. Didn't try this out much.

# 112 jeebs9 @ 11/24/10 01:00 PM
Quote:
The cherry-picking is still prevalent, but players now drop the ball due to inaccurate passes more often. Cherry-picking is still exploitable. I played some fool today who constantly cherry-picked with LeBron and try to cover up his defensive holes w/ a zone. I worked the ball around only to miss wide open 3's.
It's there but no one can rebound the ball with a big men. And launch down the court to a wide open player. I saw like 3 passes go right over the players head when I tried.

# 113 LeBron59 @ 11/24/10 01:01 PM
Guys do u play post patch with default sliders ??

# 114 jeebs9 @ 11/24/10 01:05 PM
I don't play with any sliders. And after a few plays happen. I triple checked to see what level I was on Hall of Fame and sliders were default... Yes 3 times in one game...lol

# 115 Mos1ted @ 11/24/10 01:09 PM
I was more successful shooting the 3 in the online games that I played than before the patch. I wasn't making everything, but I was making enough to make the other guy pay for leaving me open consistently. He eventually quit LOL

Back to my offline impressions:

I'm playing the Suns vs Bulls (Me) NBA Today game on Superstar/Sim. Thanks to the fixed verticals and rebounding, Superstar seems like a legit difficulty setting now. I feel like I'm going up against a really smart user versus someone who has an unfair rebounding advantage over me.

I'm halfway through the third quarter, and only have 4 turnovers. That's never happened before LOL (I was pretty turnover prone pre-patch). I credit that to the fixed directional passing. The Suns currently have the rebound advantage (34-32) but I didn't have any rebounds "stolen" from me by their overjumping, out of position, big men, so I'm satisfied with that aspect of the game.

I still think the game is a little too much half court focused on Sim; there's little to no transition offense going on (could just be that both teams are doing well in transition defense). I love going baseline now; you can actually put up legitimate shot attempts there (you couldn't before).

Enough babbling! Gotta finish up this game!

# 116 erickonasis @ 11/24/10 01:22 PM
what about player roles...anyone know if they fixed that? i know i used to have guys getting major minutes and still unhappy coming off the bench

# 117 The 24th Letter @ 11/24/10 01:26 PM
Its amazing how much PROPER rebounding opens up the game.....

Oh and I just had a online player tell me his "spin move wasnt working" bwahahaha

# 118 BroMontana82 @ 11/24/10 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
OK quick questions I understand that some new animations have been added ..I presume that some previous animations had to be taken out..Has anyone noticed that some animations have been removed?...I love the falling down jumpshot animation has that been taken out?..also has anyone noticed if there is more movemnt offensively with players who dont have the ball?..Finally anyone noticed a change in the amount of charging, illegal screens, and reach in fouls called?..
yeah that jumper animation is still in. there are definitely charges and non calls as well.

# 119 jeebs9 @ 11/24/10 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Its amazing how much PROPER rebounding opens up the game.....

Oh and I just had a online player tell me his "spin move wasnt working" bwahahaha
LMFAO!!!

# 120 J-Clutch1 @ 11/24/10 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
oh man i think im going to start my association over again then all the good things im hearing. and i am 75 games into the season. THANK YOU 2K... Darn shame im at work right now urrgh
You don't have to start over, the patch affects modes already started.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.