Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

Check out the hi-res Major League Baseball 2K11 screenshot of Roy Halladay.

What are some of the details that stand out to you?

To view the screenshot in hi-res, click here.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 PVarck31 @ 11/29/10 02:51 PM
That is sick!

# 2 EnigmaNemesis @ 11/29/10 02:52 PM
One detail to me is how there is absolutely zero aliasing ... anywhere.

And if he is the one in focus, what is with that "blur" haloing around him? Most notably the glove hand.

# 3 bigfnjoe96 @ 11/29/10 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
One detail to me is how there is absolutely zero aliasing ... anywhere.

And if he is the one in focus, what is with that "blur" haloing around him? Most notably the glove hand.
If there was no aliasing, then they're would be jaggies evident. That screen shot has no jaggies.

# 4 EnigmaNemesis @ 11/29/10 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
If there was no aliasing, then they're would be jaggies evident. That screen shot has no jaggies.
Aliasing is what you get when you have the outer line of the 3D or 2D image, the "stair stepping".

I am wondering why there is ZERO aliasing at all (anti-aliasing is the cut down of that visual effect). Even some high end PC engines are hard pressed to fully eliminate it, and definitely not on the 360 or PS3 for that matter which run 2x max in this type of environment.

# 5 bigfnjoe96 @ 11/29/10 03:09 PM
Quote:
Aliasing is what you get when you have the outer line of the 3D or 2D image, the "stair stepping".

I am wondering why there is ZERO aliasing at all (anti-aliasing is the cut down of that visual effect). Even some high end PC engines are hard pressed to fully eliminate it, and definitely not on the 360 or PS3 for that matter which run 2x max in this type of environment.
We'll you've just lost me here, because every thing I've read about anti-aliasing states AA is all about making a jagged edge look smooth to the human eye. And to my eye that screen shot looks very smooth

# 6 EnigmaNemesis @ 11/29/10 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
We'll you've just lost me here, because every thing I've read about anti-aliasing states AA is all about making a jagged edge look smooth to the human eye. And to my eye that screen shot looks very smooth
That is my point. It looks "too smooth". 2X AA what the consoles will do max, will not look that smooth. That is like a 16x Q or 32x AA, and some weird blur effect on his glove hand and elbow when he is the one in focus.

# 7 bigfnjoe96 @ 11/29/10 03:22 PM
Quote:
That is my point. It looks "too smooth". 2X AA what the consoles will do max, will not look that smooth. That is like a 16x Q or 32x AA, and some weird blur effect on his glove hand and elbow when he is the one in focus.
It looks overly-smooth because of the Blur-Effect 2k uses during replay still shots. They have been using that technique for a while now. It's suppose to give off this realistic effect when a close-up is used. (Everything blurs-out except the actual image)

# 8 Stroehms @ 11/29/10 03:24 PM
Looks nice but the glove, in my opinion, does not look very good.

# 9 Facts @ 11/29/10 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroehms
Looks nice but the glove, in my opinion, does not look very good.
True, shouldn't his index finger be out of the glove?

# 10 Artman22 @ 11/29/10 04:26 PM
Looks better then last years from that pic. Can't wait for more info to start being released.

# 11 statum71 @ 11/29/10 04:37 PM
I'm a MLB The Show guy...but that is indeed a big improvement. Big ups to 2K!

# 12 twogotwingz3 @ 11/29/10 04:51 PM
2k baseball will always be the worst looking game until they change those D**N gloves!!!!! I hate them..where do they get their glove art from k-mart?? where they sell those cheap plastic gloves..cmon 2k do better..this is the MLB!! go to baseball express and look at the gloves please!!!!

# 13 Shakedowncapo @ 11/29/10 05:01 PM
That glove looks like one(horrible) texture. Jersey texture is decent enough..

# 14 nolesfan69 @ 11/29/10 06:10 PM
Very nice pic. How long is it till 2k11 comes out I can't wait till March.

# 15 BlackBetty15 @ 11/29/10 06:16 PM
One little quick thing I notice and I hope its not just me getting too much into the weeds, is there seems to be dynamic crowd. Looking in the stands behind roy, it looks a little empty, so that is a plus. We will see though

# 16 bonannogiovanni @ 11/29/10 06:53 PM
Didn't expect a picture of the game so soon, however the size of the number is still too big.

# 17 Blzer @ 11/29/10 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
True, shouldn't his index finger be out of the glove?
Why would it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
One little quick thing I notice and I hope its not just me getting too much into the weeds, is there seems to be dynamic crowd. Looking in the stands behind roy, it looks a little empty, so that is a plus. We will see though
Considering they're in CBP, one would hope there aren't too many empty seats there. I shudder to see what a game in Pittsburgh would look like if that were the case!

# 18 Joey @ 11/29/10 10:19 PM
I really like the imperfections on his face, like around his eye, it really adds to the detail. But like others have said, though, the texture on the glove looks too much like plastic. The jersey and face look good, though, as does the likeness.

# 19 Facts @ 11/30/10 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Why would it be?

Considering they're in CBP, one would hope there aren't too many empty seats there. I shudder to see what a game in Pittsburgh would look like if that were the case!
Most ball players stick their index fingers out of the glove just to lessen the impact of the ball.

# 20 Blzer @ 11/30/10 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
Most ball players stick their index fingers out of the glove just to lessen the impact of the ball.
I don't doubt you (that's why I used to do it), but this isn't the case for Halladay anyway. Look up any picture of him or just watch him live, it's never out. And while most ballplayers who do this do it for that reason, I don't think it's fact that most ballplayers do this. I know I don't anymore. A batting glove underneath is good enough.

Most pitchers keep their index finger in their gloves. They want to avoid tipping any pitches at all costs.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.