Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Ian Cummings just posted the details for Madden NFL 11 title update #5.

*UPDATE: The patch is still hit or miss ATM. It's up to MS and Sony on when they will push it. Will start a new topic when the patch is readily available for everyone.

Quote:
Hello Madden fans, we are happy to announce the release of our fifth (and likely final) title update for Madden NFL 11, just in time for the holidays. The fixes listed below represent a culmination of all the feedback received from you, the fans, in our loyal community. We'd like to thank you for the continued support and strong attention to detail, as well as, your willingness to contribute in always trying to make Madden NFL a better game. This title update focuses on primarily fixing online exploits and fine-tuning the balance of gameplay by making numerous improvements to defensive AI.

The fixes are as follows:

• Fixed an exploit to disallow defenders from all blitzing when the quarterback tried to pump fake when facing the wrong direction. This was discovered in NCAA Football 11 and fixed in both titles.
• Fixed an exploit where unscrupulous players could get their fullback or tight end to move across the line of scrimmage and cause an encroachment penalty against an unsuspecting defensive player.
• Fixed an exploit where online gamers could use specific timing in pulling the network plug and cause a soft lock for both users, thus not having to face a loss. We've isolated and fixed the problem, so now if someone pulls their plug, they rightfully get a loss.
• Improved reaction times for defenders in coverage to better react to receivers
• Improved logic to get defenders in better position to make plays on the ball while in the air
• Improved defensive play recognition to get defenders reacting to the play faster
• Tuned up defensive pursuit to get defenders to take smarter angles to the ball carrier
• Tuned up defensive gap aggressiveness to get defenders into the hole faster
• Fixed an issue where the play art on defense would sometimes not show up correctly when showing blitz. We have corrected this problem in thirteen formations so now all proper play art will be displayed when showing blitz to the offense.

Source: Madden NFL 11 Blog via Ian Cummings

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 frankrizzo380 @ 12/11/10 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
if you're going to rant, you may want to make sure you're correct first. the breast cancer thing is not based on your system clock in franchise mode. it appears in october in your franchise, then stops when you advance past october in season. for the santa thing, he's there all the time. every game. because that's based on the system clock. it shouldn't be. it should be based on what month it is in franchise. online, it should go away after december. but as far as being a franchise feature, it should be based on the season just as the breast cancer color is.

that's why people are complaining. it is an issue and it should have been corrected.
Thanks for thoroughly explaining that for him, i lost all energy to do so.

also, im not sure if every madden user is aware of the defensive changes that are comming on the 14th. If u play ncaa, then u kno exactly what to expect,
-say bye bye to cutback lanes in the running game
-no more passblocking, especially when the ai decides to blitz, because the user's o-line will "runblock" even if the user is in a passing play, u can imagine the outcome
-enjoy the special teams, pursuit angle improvements will render special teams useless

Thats just to name a few. I just hope im wrong, i swear i do. I love that madden and ncaa are different a little in gameplay, now it looks like its going to be the same on the 14th, we'll see then i guess

# 62 kehlis @ 12/11/10 05:15 PM
Good point. Back to impressions of the patch please.

# 63 13thwonder @ 12/11/10 06:15 PM
I think some of us forget that this is a video game. A video game that is attempting to simulate real life. They will never be perfect. The events that take place during an NFL game are unpredictable. Fights break out at least in one game a week it seems. Birds land on the field. Streakers run across the field sometimes. People's legs give out while they're running and untouched by another player. These thoughts came to mind while thinking about how the CPU will decide how we are successful. That's the key right there, IT has to decide whether the plays we run will work or not ahead of time. It can't happen naturally like reality. I love video games as much as anyone here but it would be healthy sometimes to step back and think about what we're actually complaining about, whether it cost $60 or 20 people would still be complaining.

# 64 moylan1234 @ 12/11/10 06:38 PM
I've never seen the breast cancer stuff and I've got 3 different franchises going and play every game. I think it is tied to your system clock too because I didn't get the game until early November.

On topic I still don't have this update, but for anyone that does has the annoying DL warp/swim move been dealt with at all? That's the only thing killing me about this game right now.

# 65 chargersfan21 @ 12/11/10 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
well then how come in my newly started franchise.....every single game...even in august, show the santa? thats where the problem lies......
System clock, as in the PS3's that you can edit in the ps3 opening screen settings. Not the in franchise date.

# 66 PVarck31 @ 12/11/10 07:04 PM
Guys, this isn't the thread to be talking about the santa and breast cancer awareness issue. It should be in the bugs and glitches thread.

Keep this thread about patch 5.

# 67 jvalverde88 @ 12/11/10 07:11 PM
See what you did Santa.

Anyways, for those who downloaded the patch do you notice any differences to gameplay?

# 68 frankrizzo380 @ 12/11/10 07:17 PM
im starting to think that some of these posters dont have the game at all lol. and im pretty sure we all will be talking about patch 1.05....when it gets here...on the 14th
i guess we can debate on which console will get it first, ps3 got it first last time so i guess xbox360 users will get dibs this time around, man, i wonder if NCAA will be getting a "suprise patch" as well, remember last year they hit us with patch 3 and it saved a lot of OD's from folding, "A guy can dream right?"

# 69 kehlis @ 12/11/10 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Anyways, for those who downloaded the patch do you notice any differences to gameplay?
I played it more today than I have in the last 3 months combined (thanks mainly to NHL 11).

I'm not ruling out the placebo affect, but the CPU's defense seemed much better to me.

# 70 frankrizzo380 @ 12/11/10 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I played it more today than I have in the last 3 months combined (thanks mainly to NHL 11).

I'm not ruling out the placebo affect, but the CPU's defense seemed much better to me.
alright, keep 'em commin'did u notice any defensive playcalling improvements by the ai?

# 71 kehlis @ 12/11/10 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
alright, keep 'em commin'did u notice any defensive playcalling improvements by the ai?
Nah, that doesn't seem to have been improved.

What has improved is the AI's defensive reactions. It's just a band aid but it makes it much more enjoyable.

But to answer your question specifically, it was a 3rd and 5 and i had a 4wr set and called a hb draw and the defense still came out in their base set.

# 72 moylan1234 @ 12/11/10 08:07 PM
what about cpu d-linemen do they still do that ridiculous warp/swim move to get past blocks in .5 seconds?

# 73 kehlis @ 12/11/10 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
what about cpu d-linemen do they still do that ridiculous warp/swim move to get past blocks in .5 seconds?
Depending on the playcall, yes...

# 74 moylan1234 @ 12/11/10 08:15 PM
Quote:
Depending on the playcall, yes...
thanks for the response i'm gonna go cry now

# 75 Flightwhite24 @ 12/11/10 08:41 PM
Quote:

Just curious kehlis how did you get the patch already?

# 76 moylan1234 @ 12/11/10 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJIM3iddDmw&feature=fvsr. Look at 1:57 and tell me that isn't exactly what you guys complain about in Madden. The instant swim rip is not a fantasy gentleman, sorry. I'm also sure that you can find many more examples of the instant swim rip if you really want to.
that's a highlight reel and by definition it's a collection of his best plays. someone probably had to go through hours footage to find those plays.

My problem with the swim rip is not that it happens it's the frequency with which it does and how it happens just as much regardless of my lineman's rating. 2-3 times a game and you wouldn't hear a peep from me, but unfortunately I see it that often per drive. The other part is the number of times the cpu pulls it off versus how often I'm able to do it.

# 77 Senator Palmer @ 12/11/10 11:00 PM
For those that do have the patch, I keep reading about the improved CPU defense, but how is the USER defense -- namely the 4 man pass rush, and defenders filling holes?

The one thing I liked about NCAA was as the Middle Linebacker on an ISO, if I took on the fullback and forced the runner back inside, the weakside linebacker or safety would fill. In Madden, a lot of my AI teamates would just stand there, that is if they weren't getting off the ground.

Speaking of the defenders on the ground? Do you see the phenomina where and OL engages your D-line then steamrolls all 4 of them to the ground?

And how is the solo tackling?

# 78 Senator Palmer @ 12/12/10 12:43 AM
With the rip/swim move warp, I don't think you should see it even once a game. Even when a DT beats an offensive linement, he still has has to work through him to shed the block. Ripping, and completely tossing aside an offensive linemen in on sudden move should only be reserved for the truly elite players. I can only recall a few players I have seen with my own eyes get off like that and destroy a lineman with that kind of suddeness: Kris Jenkins, Reggie White, and Warren Sapp... and I wanna say I've seen Hayneseworth do it a few times.

I'm sure others can throw out a few other players, but it's just not something that happens multiple times a game, because it is truly a special thing to have that kind of quickness and power to be able to pull that play off.

If it is something that's going to be part of the game, then I can live with it, but give me something to counter it. In NCAA, I can change up my snap count to draw an offsides. In Madden, I'm at the mercy of the AI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiJ9lYyj4uQ

# 79 frankrizzo380 @ 12/12/10 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
With the rip/swim move warp, I don't think you should see it even once a game. Even when a DT beats an offensive linement, he still has has to work through him to shed the block. Ripping, and completely tossing aside an offensive linemen in on sudden move should only be reserved for the truly elite players. I can only recall a few players I have seen with my own eyes get off like that and destroy a lineman with that kind of suddeness: Kris Jenkins, Reggie White, and Warren Sapp... and I wanna say I've seen Hayneseworth do it a few times.

I'm sure others can throw out a few other players, but it's just not something that happens multiple times a game, because it is truly a special thing to have that kind of quickness and power to be able to pull that play off.

If it is something that's going to be part of the game, then I can live with it, but give me something to counter it. In NCAA, I can change up my snap count to draw an offsides. In Madden, I'm at the mercy of the AI.

haloti ngata vs. the jets early rthis season, i think he raped the LG Slaussen, it is a once a week play in the entire league but u see it all the time during the game, i feel ur pain...
oh, wait, here it goes, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Yk1LnAuZ4

# 80 ThaShark28_316 @ 12/12/10 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer

Amen @ the NCAA comment.

TOO much win/lose in this game. Snap counts barely work in Madden.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.