Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Madden NFL 11 title update #5 is available now for everyone to download on their PS3 or 360 (no longer hit or miss). Please post your impressions here.

For those that missed out on the details of the title update, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 frankrizzo380 @ 12/14/10 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Any impressions on Play Action, Option Read, and PA Read plays?

Specifically, does Madden now have the PA insta-sack issue that NCAA had?

played one of my offline franchise games(eagles)

steelers were in town, and they mean business lol, woodly and harrisson were in vicks face all game, BUT....

Zone read runs-
had to get used to "handing off" and "keeping" dude to the improved reaction times on the ai. first off its completely useless to use this play if you dont work the middle first because even if u make the right read, the DT can blow it up ala NCAA, but i noticed once u give the DT a proper workout, he becomes less and less knowledgeable/dominat of the zone read plays but u still have to make the correct reads (tendencies anyone?)

Zoneread pass
for me, this play works great, without any consequence, at all! of course the TE is always open so i have to limit mysef ALSO, if you play the numbers right YOU WILL GET REWARDED!!! 3 down linemen? 5 Db's??? HAND IT OFF!!!! pure awsomness!!!

PLAY ACTION PLAYS

Under center-
Will get blown up if the runnig game isnt established but u can also set the tone early if u wanna run a play action play as your first play, u cant abuse play action either or naturally its gonna get blown up, inside run game is key!!!

Shotgun-
playcation it a thing of beauty in the gunn, presap reads are key thogh, much more than before, MORE IMPORTANTLY running outta the gunn is vastly improved imo. pulling gaurds is a thing of beauty!!! its soooo rewarding to follow those big guys for a big gain!!!

i hope this answers your question bro, but a the end of the day, u gotta play it for yourself man, see how YOU like the game, period!

oh and guys having trouble with the ai pass rush, come out under center then audible to a shotgun play, it can give u more time to make reads and it can put the defense at a huge disadvantage

# 42 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/14/10 05:22 PM
So would you guys say the game is better, worse or the same after the patch?

# 43 mjh91 @ 12/14/10 05:31 PM
Wow, just played my first game and got blown out, 38-10. I was using Playmakers' sliders and struggled offensively the entire game. Running game was god awful. I was down 21-0 at one point so I had to pass. When I lost game pre-patch, they were close. I hope it's because I faced a good team (2013 Panthers) is the reason of this beat down.

# 44 WilliamWilliamson @ 12/14/10 05:40 PM
Computer just sucks on Madden period. Admittedly, I've only played on All-Madden, but I doubt these other difficulties are somehow harder. I win every game with scores like 63-7. And it doesn't matter what I do. Run zone all game, run man all game. Run all game, pass all game. Mix it up. Use whatever play madden suggests. Doesn't matter. The game is just too easy.

# 45 moylan1234 @ 12/14/10 05:46 PM
First game post patch I beat the Packers 58-41. Aaron Rodgers was 19-36 545 yds 5 td 2 int. my qb Mike Vick was 24-38 333 yds 3 td 0 int and I didn't see much difference in the running game. I thought this was supposed to help defense?

I'm playiing on All-Pro with slight increases in hum difficulty to passing, rush def, and pass def. CPU sliders on default.

# 46 Sausage @ 12/14/10 06:05 PM
Game #1
Settings:
All-Pro
7 minute quarters, 15 second run-off
GameFlow
Very slow (gamespeed)

Ravens 0 vs Texans 31

Total Offense 202 368
Rushing Yards 19 171
Passing Yards 183 197

First thing I noticed the game felt really fast on "slow" and the players accelerations seemed a bit quicker than usual (especially the MLB's). Switched the speed to "very slow" and the game immediately felt smoother for me at least.

Defense
The DT's seemed to shed the blocks a little quicker than before. The MLB's no longer take a second to read the play on a run, they immediately attacked where the ballcarrier was heading. I only hope not every LB has that kind of ability to read your play and attack on every single snap. CB's played tighter than usual, but I did not have much trouble finding open receivers.

Offense
With the quicker accelerations from the MLB position, my guards could rarely get a block on them, and that includes runs up the middle at times.

It's still the same Madden you know and play. If you liked it already you still will, but if you hated it you still will. Peace.

# 47 youALREADYknow @ 12/14/10 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
played one of my offline franchise games(eagles)

steelers were in town, and they mean business lol, woodly and harrisson were in vicks face all game, BUT....

Zone read runs-
had to get used to "handing off" and "keeping" dude to the improved reaction times on the ai. first off its completely useless to use this play if you dont work the middle first because even if u make the right read, the DT can blow it up ala NCAA, but i noticed once u give the DT a proper workout, he becomes less and less knowledgeable/dominat of the zone read plays but u still have to make the correct reads (tendencies anyone?)

Zoneread pass
for me, this play works great, without any consequence, at all! of course the TE is always open so i have to limit mysef ALSO, if you play the numbers right YOU WILL GET REWARDED!!! 3 down linemen? 5 Db's??? HAND IT OFF!!!! pure awsomness!!!

PLAY ACTION PLAYS

Under center-
Will get blown up if the runnig game isnt established but u can also set the tone early if u wanna run a play action play as your first play, u cant abuse play action either or naturally its gonna get blown up, inside run game is key!!!

Shotgun-
playcation it a thing of beauty in the gunn, presap reads are key thogh, much more than before, MORE IMPORTANTLY running outta the gunn is vastly improved imo. pulling gaurds is a thing of beauty!!! its soooo rewarding to follow those big guys for a big gain!!!

i hope this answers your question bro, but a the end of the day, u gotta play it for yourself man, see how YOU like the game, period!

oh and guys having trouble with the ai pass rush, come out under center then audible to a shotgun play, it can give u more time to make reads and it can put the defense at a huge disadvantage
Thanks! I greatly appreciate the feedback. I'm a Coach Mode player so hopefully the CPU knows how to set up play action so that it doesn't get blown up.

If the play calling is good, then it seems based on your feedback that the gameplay should still be good.

# 48 countryboy @ 12/14/10 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
This is not NCAA football. You dont see crazy beatings in the NFL. and that is all you get on all pro.
do you watch the NFL?

Arizona 43-13 over Denver

New England 36-7 over Chicago

And thats just this week.

# 49 Armor and Sword @ 12/14/10 06:30 PM
Quote:
My point above. How is crushing anybody in nfl football realistic. As I recalled when the Bills and dolphins played first game of the year it was like a 4 point dolphin win.

Dolphins will never score 44 on any team even the bills.

This is not NCAA football. You dont see crazy beatings in the NFL. and that is all you get on all pro.

The Dolphins are overrated in this game their overall in my chise is 85.
I am 7-5-1 with the Dolphins.

Your making assumptions.

# 50 InsomniaKiller @ 12/14/10 07:20 PM
I just played one game with the patch and I loved it. I guess my experience was very different from y'alls. 7 min quarters, 15 sec runoff, all-star difficulty, no sliders.

Redskins vs. Cowboys, I used the 'Skins. I used gameflow on every offensive play, just to help speed the game along.

I had NO success running the ball. Ryan Torain did nothing for me, but James Davis filled in nicely in a few spots. Torain averaged about 2 yards per carry, Davis about 4.5.

The big difference I noticed was WAY fewer big plays. There were none at all, actually, until the 4th quarter when Kitna hit Roy Williams for a deep touchdown to take the lead. I would've been held under 200 yards passing if it weren't for me answering right back with an even bigger play of my own, thanks largely in part to a bad play call by the Dallas defense.

There were a few other opportunities for big plays that were missed by inaccurate passing on open receivers, both by myself and the AI.

At halftime, my average yards per play was about 3.5.

The corners were much better at making plays on the ball, and my receivers weren't getting 10 yards of separation by running basic drag routes, which seemed to be my experience pre-patch.

I didn't notice an improvement in zone coverage, unfortunately, but I didn't take the time to experience with it as much as I should have. The zone plays I ran were mostly zone blitzes. They were still pretty bad. I wish I had thought to run a few basic cover 2's, 3's, 9 velcro, etc. just to see the results, but I'll just have to remember that for next time. Can't say I have high hopes, though.

Halftime score, 7-0. Final score, 17-14.

For what it's worth, I'm a very experienced gamer and Madden player. I consider myself to be quite good at the game. I'm hoping more time w/ the game will prove to be just as enjoyable, and that at least some of you out there are enjoying the game a little bit more.

Those are my thoughts in a big rambling mess. Hope it's not too obnoxious to read.

# 51 NoFear @ 12/14/10 08:17 PM
way too many picks in my game. I played as the Raiders and won 54-24..getting 3 scores off of 3 FF on KR's.

Gradkowski, whose known as a more accurate passer threw 4 picks.

Matt Stafford whom I was playing against threw 4 picks as well, 3 of them going to Awesome-wa (lol).

# 52 youALREADYknow @ 12/14/10 08:25 PM
I still don't see anyone mentioning any fundamental changes in the game engine or bug fixes that typically justify a "patch". This sounds more like one of the tuner sets from NCAA or NHL than an actual patch.

If that's true, then there's no reason for an offline franchise mode player such as myself to download the update and ruin a perfectly good slider set.

Am I missing something here? Was any actual defect fixed with update #5 such as Gameplanning, Intro Cutscenes, etc?

# 53 Sausage @ 12/14/10 08:47 PM
Quote:
I still don't see anyone mentioning any fundamental changes in the game engine or bug fixes that typically justify a "patch". This sounds more like one of the tuner sets from NCAA or NHL than an actual patch.

If that's true, then there's no reason for an offline franchise mode player such as myself to download the update and ruin a perfectly good slider set.

Am I missing something here? Was any actual defect fixed with update #5 such as Gameplanning, Intro Cutscenes, etc?
Nope, it was just a small tune up.

# 54 frankrizzo380 @ 12/14/10 08:52 PM
Quote:

simply put, no

all this patch was just a minor gameplay fix that was primairily benificial to user v user or online gamers, im primairily an offline gamer, so these improvements haven't swayed me one way or another, i still enjoy playing this game...until just now, just finished my superbowl run against the colts with my 9ers, went to save a blocked feildgoal and it froze on me, darnit!!!

# 55 Armor and Sword @ 12/14/10 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
I don't understand why you call it All-Pro with PM's sliders when his is 13-13-10-14 and All-Pro default is 10-10-10-10. I would call PM's sliders Custom settings--and he does too.
Holy crap...excuse me.

Playmakers custom sliders.

Sorry to dis the brand. LOL.

# 56 davis420 @ 12/14/10 09:02 PM
I only got to play 1 game so far, Eagles(me) vs Cowboys(AI)I won 24-13. I played on My Skill and 7 min. quarters with 15 sec. run off. The running game was tougher for me, McCoy had 18 att for 78 yds. Felix Jones broke a 71 yd run but otherwise was held in check. I thought the passing for me was a lot easier, guys were more wide open then normal. Like I said, this was only 1 game. PS I did see more gang tackling!

# 57 roadman @ 12/14/10 09:34 PM
Quote:
Well I am being told that on All Pro you get a good sim experience.

545 yards for AR and 333 for Vick in one game seems more like unsim
Depends on different variables.

15 minute quarters and snapping the ball right away, sure Arod could pas for 545yds.

I adjust mine from all-pro and in the past, I haven't had any issues of not playing sim against the CPU. So, in other words, they are custom and not all-pro.

And you should know 1 game is a very small sample size to claim all-pro is sim or unsim. It takes many different sample sizes.

Also, that is why sliders are in the game. Sim is a very subjective word and we are all different. All-Pro doesn't work for you , that's great.

Go with what your happy with, no need to tell anyone All-Madden is better that All-Pro or All-Pro is better than All-Madden. If people can get sim for either setting, what difference does it matter?

Be glad there is choices.

# 58 iAM-IncReDiBLe- @ 12/14/10 09:39 PM
My apologies I don't play the cpu ever so my opinion will be different. All pro on for user vs user is much better then all madden user vs user imo, but yea can we stop talking about which is better an just post impressions of the patch like it says.

Played user vs user game in my online franchise

9min quarter all pro

Chiefs (me) 26 @ Bears 19

Now I had some pretty good defensive games an I pride myself on playing great defense , but damn this was the most defensive oriented game I have played so far this year. Me an this guy had to punt numerous times an he scored his only TD off of a kick return TD. This felt like one of those Steelers vs Ravens games you see on T.V. Any mistake would cost you and it did for the Bears.

So for this one game I played, User vs User it felt great an I'm sure the sliders attributed to that fact.

# 59 moylan1234 @ 12/14/10 09:41 PM
Quote:
Well I am being told that on All Pro you get a good sim experience.

545 yards for AR and 333 for Vick in one game seems more like unsim
typically it's better than that. I played two games after that first one and haven't come close to those numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Depends on different variables.

15 minute quarters and snapping the ball right away, sure Arod could pas for 545yds.
I forgot to say I play 12 min qtrs. And Rodgers always lights me up for whatever reason all though that game was definitely the high water mark

# 60 capp34 @ 12/14/10 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kng23rich
My apologies I don't play the cpu ever so my opinion will be different. All pro on for user vs user is much better then all madden user vs user imo, but yea can we stop talking about which is better an just post impressions of the patch like it says.

Played user vs user game in my online franchise

9min quarter all pro

Chiefs (me) 26 @ Bears 19

Now I had some pretty good defensive games an I pride myself on playing great defense , but damn this was the most defensive oriented game I have played so far this year. Me an this guy had to punt numerous times an he scored his only TD off of a kick return TD. This felt like one of those Steelers vs Ravens games you see on T.V. Any mistake would cost you and it did for the Bears.

So for this one game I played, User vs User it felt great an I'm sure the sliders attributed to that fact.
Thanks for the user vs user impressions.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.