Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Madden NFL 11 title update #5 is available now for everyone to download on their PS3 or 360 (no longer hit or miss). Please post your impressions here.

For those that missed out on the details of the title update, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 iAM-IncReDiBLe- @ 12/17/10 11:24 PM
they didn't fix the replays. Its still shortened.

# 102 ryan36 @ 12/18/10 12:00 AM
Ok, so after playing play now...franchise ,etc...I just can't get into this game. Offense no longer dominates- but it just.plain.bores.me

Maybe next year?

I'm thinking I'll get m10 that game was fun to me. I guess I'm not "hardcore"

# 103 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/18/10 12:04 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I was really close to trading this but, realized I already own the games that I want. So I'm gonna fire this bad boy up again.

# 104 ryan36 @ 12/18/10 12:12 AM
Jerz, they've fixed a lot. I give Ian and co. credit, but until the commentary/presentation factor is better- I'm just not gonna get into this. It's funny because I feel that I would love the game if it were just more immersive.

# 105 iAM-IncReDiBLe- @ 12/18/10 12:21 AM
The only reason i play is because of my online franchise.

# 106 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/18/10 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Jerz, they've fixed a lot. I give Ian and co. credit, but until the commentary/presentation factor is better- I'm just not gonna get into this. It's funny because I feel that I would love the game if it were just more immersive.
Just fired it up.

I can't tell the d is tightened up. Also, with that being said the CPU has more less short throws and I've seen Ben hit the 10/15 yd outs and posts. So far so good.

# 107 jazztrumpet5 @ 12/18/10 01:57 AM
Still wondering if there's any sim stat weirdness post-patch. I'd hate to download the thing and end up with 16 1,900 yard runners per season.

# 108 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/18/10 11:15 AM
I turned off the commentary and turned off on field sounds, crowd and PA announcer and it gives me the feeling of being there.

I'm really liking the game a lot.

# 109 LoWw @ 12/18/10 11:42 AM
I'm on the fence with this game. I got a Brand New copy sitting here and don't know if I wanna play it or just trade it for NBA 2K11?

# 110 kc10785 @ 12/18/10 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kng23rich
The only reason i play is because of my online franchise.
agree with u I don't play the CPU or rank online games. Only time madden is in my xbox is when im playing a league game.

# 111 edaddy @ 12/18/10 07:21 PM
Has anyone noticed any new animations on either side of the ball..tackling, etc?....

# 112 CreatineKasey @ 12/18/10 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Has anyone noticed any new animations on either side of the ball..tackling, etc?....
I saw no new animations.

# 113 DrUrsus @ 12/19/10 02:35 AM
Played one game Indy at Texans, Franchise week 1 human vs cpu, 360, all star default except for penalties. I have played this matchup many times while tweaking sliders and at default so this is my impression:

CPU pass defense is much better. The middle of the field is still not defended well enough, but overall slightly better. Tight ends just aren't covered well still, but a little better. The outside coverage is much better. Couldn't get to many deep balls like I used to be able to do.

CPU pass rush is better.

CPU run game slightly better it seems, will have to play more games to know this one for sure.

Special teams seems exactly the same to me, too bad. This part of Madden is so lame.

Human run game is easier on default AS in my opinion. Blocking is slightly better and jukes seem more effective.

Don't notice a huge diffence with human pass rush or pass defense, but maybe I need to play more games, I can't say for sure yet.

Overall, on default AS, Madden after this patch plays a better game of football, but I don't think it overcomes the negatives of this game. Don't buy the game expecting new greatness if you are thinking about it. Give it a rent first at least.

I like the game overall, but in some ways Madden 10 was funner, and this year took a step back in some ways. This new announce and the Old Spice Swagger stuff have got to f'ing go! Enough already!

# 114 roadman @ 12/19/10 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
What do you mean by default AS? The only levels I know are Rookie, Pro, All-Pro, All-Madden, My Skill, and Custom.
Can't speak for him, but I'm sure he meant AP(All-Pro) instead of AS(All-Star)

# 115 TimsGiants @ 12/19/10 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
in my last online franchise gm all madden settings i ran for 154 with beanie wells on 26 attempts. when playing zone, i noticed my lb's swatted down a few passes they would normally let sail past em, plus the db's seemed to at least be in a position i could user pick/swat when needed. overall there isn't a night and day difference but thats a good thing, i think overall it's improved the D in regards to online play without breaking anything else.

yeah, All Madden in our online franchise feels like allpro or even rookie online. Somethings not right.... maybe the patch killed online game settings? Gore ran for 247 in niner gm. In my game vs Colts Peyton threw for over 500 and Eli threw for over 300... I play decent defense but my ai was not doing anything vs Colts.

# 116 Sausage @ 12/19/10 07:09 PM
My first match against a human opponent offline multiplayer.

My nephew and I just had a strange match.

Redskins vs Steelers, final score 52-49 in OT.
Settings
All-Pro
7 minutes, 15 seconds run off
Conventional play call

Basically neither of us are defensive gurus, but we could not stop each other at all. Ryan Torain ran like the next coming of Jim Brown with 10+ yards per carry and Chris Cooley was Mike Ditka, Kellen Winslow Sr. and Shannon Sharpe combined. Hines Ward and Mendehall the same.

I am truly hoping this was just a fluke game and not the norm with the new patch adjustments. It is also the first time I have played on non-modified sliders in a long time. I plan on playing 10 matches online to get a feel for how the non-sim community play and see if I can adjust and beat them.

# 117 phant030 @ 12/19/10 08:43 PM
Just played my first online game post patch......pretty gd defensive battle....my opponent attempted to lean for extra yardage too much and it cost him 4 fumbles.

My offense was non existant mostly...then I figured out his defensive playcalling tendencies.and voila!...21 pts straight to get the win....I'm impressed with the defense for online. Could have been a fluke, or could have been good playcalling...I'll say the game was good b/c that means it will continue lol

Once my opponent got down you can really see his lack of playcalling ability or playcalling confidence..b/c he went to throw deep mode or throw slot mode, but Ted Ginn cant get off the press lol....good game...looking forward to more.

# 118 datruth @ 12/20/10 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
My first match against a human opponent offline multiplayer.

My nephew and I just had a strange match.

Redskins vs Steelers, final score 52-49 in OT.
Settings
All-Pro
7 minutes, 15 seconds run off
Conventional play call

Basically neither of us are defensive gurus, but we could not stop each other at all. Ryan Torain ran like the next coming of Jim Brown with 10+ yards per carry and Chris Cooley was Mike Ditka, Kellen Winslow Sr. and Shannon Sharpe combined. Hines Ward and Mendehall the same.

I am truly hoping this was just a fluke game and not the norm with the new patch adjustments. It is also the first time I have played on non-modified sliders in a long time. I plan on playing 10 matches online to get a feel for how the non-sim community play and see if I can adjust and beat them.
Are you on the 360? If so look me up for some unranked games.
Asiatic Defense

# 119 phillyfan23 @ 12/20/10 04:12 PM
one question : if you play against a scrambling QB like Vick, will the cpu- controlled Vick be more reliant on his runs or will he just play like a traditional pocket passer?

thanks

# 120 Senator Palmer @ 12/20/10 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
one question : if you play against a scrambling QB like Vick, will the cpu- controlled Vick be more reliant on his runs or will he just play like a traditional pocket passer?

thanks
I'm just strictly speaking from playing on All-Madden. When I have played the Eagles, Michael Vick will break the pocket. He looks to pass first and foremost, especially after his awareness has been boosted in the past few updates, but on downs like 3rd and long, when there's nothing there, he will take off.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.