Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

(Image courtesy of Pasta Padre)

Joe Mauer makes it back to back covers, as he has been confirmed as the MLB 11 The Show cover athlete, via Pasta Padre.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 PVarck31 @ 12/15/10 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samevans7
yeah i did
Looks like he wont be making anymore.

But seriously, whoever did make, its awesome.

# 82 Bellsprout @ 12/15/10 12:42 AM
Well played, Mauer.

# 83 Ronstr @ 12/15/10 02:10 AM
Don't judge a game by it's cover.

# 84 MichaelCook17 @ 12/15/10 03:33 AM
I'm excited for the commercial now.

# 85 LastActionHero @ 12/15/10 04:52 AM
Ok now I'm confused is this the real deal or just a fan-made cover?

# 86 Blzer @ 12/15/10 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelCook17
I'm excited for the commercial now.
I want it to be Kevin Butler sending a message this time.

Kevin Butler: "Dear Joe Mauer. I noticed you're on the cover of our enshrined baseball franchise video game once again. Anything you might want to say to that?"

Joe Mauer: "Hey there PlayStation, it's good you finally know who I am now after having five straight .800 OPS seasons. I trust that you got me to play more like myself this time?"

Kevin Butler: "Well champ, not only did we help you out but we revamped the entire league as well, capturing over 300 new player-specific animations and facial renderings. Add right stick control for more intuitiveness, and if that's not your game... who needs the controller? I can use the Move to swing just like you!"

Joe Mauer: "Heh heh, I think you're a long ways away from swinging like me there big guy."

Kevin Butler: (slowly puts 3D glasses on) "Au contraire, mi Cabo amigo. I seem to remember things a bit differently against the Yankees last October."

Joe Mauer: "... well played, Butler."

MLB 11: The Show

It only does... Realism... Move... 3D... Everything.

# 87 crandolph @ 12/15/10 06:27 AM
um...i havent read ALL the comments, but doesn't the cover athlete look more like Cliff Lee than Joe Mauer......look at the face....

# 88 reduced price @ 12/15/10 07:22 AM
To me this falls under the heading of "Who cares" I mean after I slip the game into the PS3 I never see the box it came in again, until the next version of the game comes out.

# 89 michfan16 @ 12/15/10 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

Kevin Butler: "Dear Joe Mauer. I noticed you're on the cover of our enshrined baseball franchise video game again. Anything you might want to say to that?"

Joe Mauer: "Hey there PlayStation, it's good you know who I am now after having five straight .800 OPS seasons. I trust that you got me to play more like myself this time?"

Kevin Butler: "Well champ, not only did we help you out but we've captured over 300 new player-specific animations, facial renderings, and all new player models. And now I don't even have to use the controller, I can use the Move to swing just like you!"

Joe Mauer: "Heh heh, I think you're a long ways away from swinging like me there."

Kevin Butler: "Au contraire, mi Cabo amigo. I seem to remember it a bit differently against the Yankees last October."

wow, thats pretty accurate

# 90 Knickerbocker91 @ 12/15/10 08:04 AM
Quote:

Kevin Butler: "Dear Joe Mauer. I noticed you're on the cover of our enshrined baseball franchise video game again. Anything you might want to say to that?"

Joe Mauer: "Hey there PlayStation, it's good you know who I am now after having five straight .800 OPS seasons. I trust that you got me to play more like myself this time?"

Kevin Butler: "Well champ, not only did we help you out but we've captured over 300 new player-specific animations, facial renderings, and all new player models. And now I don't even have to use the controller, I can use the Move to swing just like you!"

Joe Mauer: "Heh heh, I think you're a long ways away from swinging like me there."

Kevin Butler: "Au contraire, mi Cabo amigo. I seem to remember it a bit differently against the Yankees last October."

lol that would make for a great commercial.

# 91 ckarlic @ 12/15/10 10:22 AM
Good to see the ship date tentatively set for 3/1/11 .

http://www.walmart.com/ip/MLB-11-PS3...ion-3/15061055

# 92 ckarlic @ 12/15/10 10:23 AM
Quote:

Awesome...made my day!! Thanks Blzer

# 93 Knight165 @ 12/15/10 10:34 AM
Quote:

Haha...perfect.
That's really very good.
They could easily use that in a real commercial.
Well played Blzer....

M.K.
Knight165

# 94 enyc718 @ 12/15/10 11:06 AM
Not trying to start anything, but from the side it sure doesn't look like Mauer. Just saying. I can't wait for this game to drop, The Show 10 is real good, I expect 11 to be just as good or better.

# 95 Woodweaver @ 12/15/10 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enyc718
Not trying to start anything, but from the side it sure doesn't look like Mauer. Just saying. I can't wait for this game to drop, The Show 10 is real good, I expect 11 to be just as good or better.
Nothing like him? umm, ok. I'm pretty sure if they're going to pay some one to use their image...they'd probably use his image. Just saying.

# 96 cnelly4 @ 12/15/10 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crandolph
um...i havent read ALL the comments, but doesn't the cover athlete look more like Cliff Lee than Joe Mauer......look at the face....
Definitely Mauer on the cover!!

They could have really sold the 3-D part of the game with Cliff Lee on the cover though. If it was a side of the face shot like the new Mauer one, Lee's ears would have popped right off the cover.

# 97 MichaelCook17 @ 12/15/10 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crandolph
Except for the jersey that reads "Mauer".

# 98 enyc718 @ 12/15/10 12:36 PM
Maybe the 5 O'clock shadow threw me off.

# 99 Bellsprout @ 12/15/10 01:45 PM
His eyes look weird in that cover.

# 100 Oriolesmagic @ 12/15/10 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
His eyes look weird in that cover.
Something does seem a little off with the cover but I'm sure I won't care too much as soon as I insert the disc into my PS3.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.