Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

I took these shots using yesterday's build, no camera trickery, both shots were taken using the in game photo feature. The only difference is one shot is taken in MLB 10 The Show, the other in MLB 11 The Show. The MLB 10 shot is the one on the top.

This is the late night treat, the rest of the shots will be uploaded on Thursday morning.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 dodgerblue @ 12/16/10 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by templeusox
Thanks Dodgerblue, but there is a thread dedicated to discussing the three pics you posted.
oh! guess I got a little excited lol!

# 22 ryan36 @ 12/16/10 01:11 AM
Lol, keep this about the Felix shot...the others have another thread guys

# 23 BatsareBugs @ 12/16/10 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ck3d50xf4n
Lol. Seriously, maybe someone should at least google this guy and get a good look at his mug before trying to model him. This barely looks like him. Having lived in Seattle, I knew something didn't quite look right. Those aren't even his eyes. How hard are eyes create? Some of the other player models look outstanding but I'm not impressed with this one. To me this is disrespectful to someone that won the Cy Young.
No surprise that your post brought on such a reaction and since there the pictures are now posted side-by-side here, care to explain what exactly "isn't right"?

One last thing, you talk about "disrespect", yet you're doing it to the very people who worked on the players model and face. But of course you knew that.

# 24 CuseGirl @ 12/16/10 01:12 AM
Uh, all I gotta say is "I agree with this stuff". Hey, EA, this stuff right here, you need to get this stuff....

# 25 CuseGirl @ 12/16/10 01:24 AM
it would be cool if u could adjust his cap to the side to get that "gangsta" look, lol...in RTTS, are we gonna have the ability to adjust size of uniform? I mean, this years version, A-Rod looked like every other Yankee who wore high socks.

# 26 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/16/10 01:32 AM
Loving the ear jewelry!

# 27 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/16/10 02:06 AM
Disclaimer: this person does not share the views of all Sawx fans!

Sent from reality using Tapatalk

# 28 Blzer @ 12/16/10 02:14 AM
w1ck3d50xf4n, despite the change in facial appearance itself and people's positive comments toward them, I think these screenshots are specifically intended to show off the new player models themselves.

By "player models," I am not referring to a single thing about the individual's facial features, skin color, accessories, etc. I am (and they are) strictly referring to the skeletal mold of the player.

The stocky bodily appearance that has haunted this franchise since its PlayStation 2 days are now gone. Not only that, but the proof will be in the pudding. This game should now animate in a more lifelike fashion simply on the basis that the players are now more formed to look like their lifelike counterparts. Again, that's not saying anything about Hernandez's earrings or facial hair. Now we're talking about his gut and his shoulder broadness, etc.

This correction is what is trying to be pointed out in these shots, and I am simply floored by the difference (and thankful that they put so many years of effort into them... remember that they had to reanimate everything to prevent clipping). Other people may be floored by other visual comparisons, and I understand that might be what you're basing your posts off of, but I just want to inform that when SCEA refers to "player models," I think they are solely talking about the actual player skeleton, nothing more.

# 29 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/16/10 02:47 AM
Quote:
I don't care if I offended the developers of this game.
I
This is not a way to get your points across.

Sent from reality using Tapatalk

# 30 BatsareBugs @ 12/16/10 03:14 AM
Quote:
I don't care if I offended the developers of this game.
I
This is really bothersome. Is it really that hard to be constructive at all? You're practically new here, but the community doesn't need this type of attitude. You don't have to like the changes and your gripe is valid, yet it pertains to the physical appearances of the player rather than the player models which are being discussed in this thread. Show a little more tact. Insulting people doesn't get anything done here.

# 31 Jackdog @ 12/16/10 06:21 AM
Quick reminder.

VIP's
You will notice we have many VIP's who post here, designated by their name in a purple color. Many of them are game developers or guests at Operation Sports. They are to be respected at all times. If you want to interact with our VIP's, you are to keep the discussion mature and in a professional manner. Any type of attack will not be tolerated.

Carry on.

# 32 nemesis04 @ 12/16/10 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Davis
Meh, its just a screenshot. it is a little better, but nothing to gush over...
I want info as much as the next person but this really isnt a big deal, mods need to relax a bit too no need to ban everyone who doesnt agree with a few people, just sayin...
It has nothing to do about disagreeing as everyone is entitled to an opinion. There are proper ways to go about it and someone acting like a douche is not one of them.

# 33 cubsfan128 @ 12/16/10 08:41 AM
HUGE Improvent. Great Job!!! can't wait to get more info on the game!

# 34 Yankees_CT @ 12/16/10 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Davis
Meh, its just a screenshot. it is a little better, but nothing to gush over...
I want info as much as the next person but this really isnt a big deal, mods need to relax a bit too no need to ban everyone who doesnt agree with a few people, just sayin...
You're kidding right, this guy directly insulted the developers. There was absolutely nothing constructive about his rant either. Well deserved ban in my opinion. This forum has plenty of people that know how to express their displeasure with something in the game while not insulting people at the same time. This is one development team that is not deserving of that kind of treatment.

# 35 Rwings832 @ 12/16/10 10:05 AM
Pictures look really good, it seems the stadiums look a lot better now as well, never realized how dark the stadiums were in MLB '10, love all the information and looking forward to hearing more about the game hopefully today.

# 36 Bat @ 12/16/10 01:09 PM
Awesome! Felix looks great! Players have forearms now too!!!

I agree to an earlier post I wish Felix would of been the cover guy too. Maybe after he wins his second Cy Young this year.

# 37 mjh91 @ 12/16/10 02:54 PM
It's funny how bad MLB 11 makes MLB 10 look. Great work on the faces/shoulders.

# 38 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/16/10 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khronikos
Okay, saying the stadiums look a lot better is going a wee bit far with the hype wagon. In fact, parts of the new one on the felix pic are darker. They look almost exactly the same bar some shadowing differences and of course the scoreboards which look nice.
Different people have different excitements and views on what they deem better.

That is what makes us humans unique.

Knowing the lighting and shadow process, and the true to life scoreboards, IMO, is a HUGE improvement for the atmosphere and sucking you in!

# 39 Pared @ 12/16/10 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khronikos
Okay, saying the stadiums look a lot better is going a wee bit far with the hype wagon. In fact, parts of the new one on the felix pic are darker. They look almost exactly the same bar some shadowing differences and of course the scoreboards which look nice. 10 might be darker in certain places but I argue it really is not by much.
"I thought I was hard to please. Good lord. This is still a video game. Before we get down to modeling the correct amount of shadowing, scoreboards and so forth I and others have a whole host of much more relevant things that need attention. the stadiums look better than they ever have. Let's see some more pics now!"

See how this works here too?

# 40 CabreraMVP @ 12/16/10 05:00 PM
earrings are a cool touch. Hopefully you can add them to any player.

I wish tattoo's would be in the game. For guys like Cabrera or Zumaya, they have awesome tat's on their forearms I wish they were in the game!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.