Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

MLB 11 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 11 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 181 Knight165 @ 01/04/11 10:30 AM
Someone ALWAYS knows better.
Haven't we figured that out by now.
From
1. "This is just a direct port over from the PS2 game"
to
2. #$%&^%$#
Spoiler

to....too many to mention.
Someone always either calls out the devs or knows better than the guys who actually made the game.
I've made peace with it.

Ooooohhhhhmmmmmm
Ooooohhhhhmmmmmm....
Hari....Krishna....Hari...Hari...
Peace.....serenity ..

Try it!!!

M.K.
Knight165

# 182 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/04/11 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Someone ALWAYS knows better.
Haven't we figured that out by now.
From
1. "This is just a direct port over from the PS2 game"
to
2. #$%&^%$#
Spoiler

to....too many to mention.
Someone always either calls out the devs or knows better than the guys who actually made the game.
I've made peace with it.

Ooooohhhhhmmmmmm
Ooooohhhhhmmmmmm....
Hari....Krishna....Hari...Hari...
Peace.....serenity ..

Try it!!!

M.K.
Knight165

You are going to have to teach me some of those meditation procedures next week. Somehow I find it hard to picture you doing them with a straight face!

# 183 JoeRyan33 @ 01/04/11 11:32 AM
It's not that I want to harp on about player models, but like a lot of people I was expecting the models and the animations to receive a massive overhaul. The models look refined, but within the old framework.

One area that's really let the game down in previous iterations has been the look of the players in motion, particularly when hitting and pitching. Much of that appears tied to these old models.

# 184 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/04/11 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
It's not that I want to harp on about player models, but like a lot of people I was expecting the models and the animations to receive a massive overhaul. The models look refined, but within the old framework.

One area that's really let the game down in previous iterations has been the look of the players in motion, particularly when hitting and pitching. Much of that appears tied to these old models.
One last time...

They are NEW framework (skeletal), you are just accustomed to the textures and their rendering engine.

And the animations is what made this game SHINE over the competition in almost every sports genre.

I am at a loss for words. I do not know what people expect out of the damn human body, or what you expect out of probably the best looking sports game on the market. I would hate to see you all as judges on Miss America, etc.

Her shoulders are too straight, her arms are too short, her hair is longer than it is supposed to be, I can swear one boob looked bigger than the other... o.O

# 185 nemesis04 @ 01/04/11 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
One last time...

They are NEW framework, you are just accustomed to the textures.

And the animations is what made this game SHINE over the competition in almost every sports genre.

I am at a loss for words. I do not know what people expect out of the damn human body. I would hate to see you all as judges on Miss America, etc.

Her shoulders are too straight, her arms are too short, her hair is longer than it is supposed to be, I can swear one boob looked bigger than the other... o.O
Everyone has different expectations Enigma, no need to get upset! It sounds like he was looking for a different rendering interpretation of the player models. Obviously a skeletal change as they have undergone is not going to do that. Maybe we need an X-ray machine brought in to see the changes.

# 186 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/04/11 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Everyone has different expectations Enigma, no need to get upset! It sounds like he was looking for a different rendering interpretation of the player models. Obviously a skeletal change as they have undergone is not going to do that. Maybe we need an X-ray machine brought in to see the changes.
I know, just beat my head in the wall when I hear someone repeat that it is the same framework when told it is not.

My question to everyone who no matter how many times are told these are new models/framework, to support better range in motion and more true to life proportions is, what did you expect the models to look like?

It is not like the game went from Mario All Stars to Real Life models... so what "monumental" leap did you expect the human body to take for this game?

Because as far as I can see, they addressed the main complaints over the years that people said all that was needed to change, (large heads, straight shoulders, short arms), and it seems still not good enough. Has the human body evolved to something that I was not aware of? Do I need to get out more?

# 187 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/04/11 12:54 PM
That is one screenshot you show has an obscure angle. There are plenty of others that show a big difference. And without comparing it to an MLB10 shot, then there is no weight.

It was out of the mouth of the developer first hand. They are new models.

I come off as aggravated, because no matter how many times we tell people, and the developers tell people they are new models, people overlook "work in progress" and all the comparison photos that show a difference.

The links...

If you can not see the difference, then beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...reenshots.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...batch-2-a.html

# 188 sfgiantsfn @ 01/04/11 01:07 PM
Well Done Enigma -- those photos look great.

# 189 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/04/11 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
The Cruz pic looks terrific -- the difference is very apparent as the arms extend further down the body as they should. Thanks.
Just wait till you see them in motion, you are going to like what you see... I think.

# 190 nemesis04 @ 01/04/11 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfgiantsfn
Actually the credit needs to go to jemens as he made those side by side comparisons within those threads.

# 191 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/04/11 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Actually the credit needs to go to jemens as he made those side by side comparisons within those threads.
Agreed, just re-posting for the ones who have not seen them yet since they are buried in the other thread.

# 192 AtlBraves09 @ 01/04/11 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Just wait till you see them in motion, you are going to like what you see... I think.

I believe that the problem is that people heard new player models and directly associated them with new uniform textures or designs. People are looking at the pictures with a lazy eye and only seeing that the uniforms look and fit basically the same without seeing the fundemental differences in the proportions and shape of the players. It is obviously on the main page that shows a catchers view of Cody Ross swinging. His arms are slightly bent at contact while his hands remain inside the ball. Which is perfect and was not seen on the show in years prior to this.

# 193 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/04/11 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlBraves09
I believe that the problem is that people heard new player models and directly associated them with new uniform textures or designs. People are looking at the pictures with a lazy eye and only seeing that the uniforms look and fit basically the same without seeing the fundemental differences in the proportions and shape of the players. It is obviously on the main page that shows a catchers view of Cody Ross swinging. His arms are slightly bent at contact while his hands remain inside the ball. Which is perfect and was not seen on the show in years prior to this.
Very good point, and something I totally agree with.

Their rendering engine is the same (and not going to change just because new models are introduced, but small improvements to it that go a long way), and it is GORGEOUS (fantastic textures and lighting).

People can not expect a major change in that look till the PS4. And quite frankly, do not need to, it is still the best looking sports game in the business IMO.

# 194 Russell_SCEA @ 01/04/11 01:52 PM
Quote:
Rounding the shoulders off to eliminate the square-shouldered look is a nice improvement, yes. But JoeRyan is correct here, they're still the old player models. It's a cosmetic improvement, nothing more. The shoulders are still too wide, and the bodies are still too short and squat.

I looked through the comparison screenshots you provided and found it interesting that they generally only show closeups of the shoulders and an improvement to the roundness of the shoulders, but nothing else.

The old player model (skeleton) has been completely removed the game its no longer there. It has been replaced by a completely new skeleton that was built from the ground up.

# 195 bp4baseball @ 01/04/11 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA

The old player model (skeleton) has been completely removed the game its no longer there. It has been replaced by a completely new skeleton that was built from the ground up.
And the tribe has spoken

# 196 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/04/11 02:02 PM
Quote:
The Cruz pic looks terrific -- the difference is very apparent as the arms extend further down the body as they should. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfgiantsfn
Here is three more that show how much better the models look!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ts-3-more.html

Small image (trying to get a larger one), but you can tell with the new models it is Jeter, even if there was no #2 on the back...

# 197 DJ @ 01/04/11 02:33 PM
I like that they have added bars for baserunning ability and speed in the window when you have a runner on base.

# 198 Pared @ 01/04/11 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA

But Russ, I know you work on the game and all, but my eyes say there are no differences!!!

C'mon you know how OS gets this time of year!

# 199 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/04/11 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
But Russ, I know you work on the game and all, but my eyes say there are no differences!!!

C'mon you know how OS gets this time of year!
I have to remember this myself sometimes.

Sent from the dugout using Tapatalk

# 200 countryboy @ 01/04/11 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentOfTruth
Even in 2011, PS2 still has life.
Quote:
I would guess MomentOfTruth means the square-shouldered, fire-hydrant-shaped player models from the PS2 years once again appear unchanged. And because the player models are tied to things like swing mechanics/animations and the over-sized strikezone, again from the game's PS2 years, it's a good guess all that remains unchanged as well. It's not a difficult question to understand as many of us have been anticipating and expecting changes to the game in these areas for three years now.
really? You get that out of his comment?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.