Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

IGN has just posted their MLB 11 The Show preview. They talk about the new analog controls, balks and more control.

Quote:
"The Show 11 features analog control for batting, pitching and fielding, which basically means every major mechanic in the game is controllable with the right analog stick. For batting, you'll pull back the right stick to begin the backswing and then push it forward to swing through a pitch. You can angle the stick to the left or the right to handle inside and outside pitches, while the game will automatically adjust to pitch height for you. To check swing, just let off the stick before pushing it all the way up.

Pitching works like a combination of batting and fielding. You'll still pick the pitch type with face buttons then use a cursor to adjust pitch location. Once you're ready to throw, you'll set and go into your windup by pulling back on the stick and then push it forward, either favoring the left of the right side of the plate to shade the pitch a little more. Setting before you pitch is more important in The Show 11. Sony has included balks for the first time in the series, so don't try to quick pitch with runners on base."

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 econoodle @ 12/16/10 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
I'm hoping this means there can now be games that start in the late afternoon, like in the playoffs...west coast games that start at 8 PM eastern time but really there it's 5 PM so there's deep shadows on the field. Now THAT would be cool.
oh man i hope they have variable start times.
its long overdue.
and with full day/night lighting, why not.

# 42 Bigsheen @ 12/16/10 03:42 PM
i have one question about the analog fielding as i have only played ncaa mvp 07 once or twice cuz i didnt think it was as good as 06 but. . .When throwing from the outfield how do you hit the cutoff man if need be? Hit L1 as well as flick the stick or?

# 43 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/16/10 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsheen
i have one question about the analog fielding as i have only played ncaa mvp 07 once or twice cuz i didnt think it was as good as 06 but. . .When throwing from the outfield how do you hit the cutoff man if need be? Hit L1 as well as flick the stick or?
More than likely you will hold a shoulder button down when doing the analog throw.

# 44 nemesis04 @ 12/16/10 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsheen
i hquestion about the analog fielding as i have only played ncaa mvp 07 once or twice cuz i didnt think it was as good as 06 but. . .When throwing from the outfield how do you hit the cutoff man if need be?
You held a shoulder button and pulled straight down on the right stick. That does not necessarily mean that is what is going on with the Show though. Just so people do not get confused.

Ramone said there would be a blog on this and hopefully will address all your concerns in great detail!

# 45 Bigsheen @ 12/16/10 03:50 PM
great thanks!

# 46 ChaseB @ 12/16/10 04:00 PM
Ha, balks -- that's great.

No one will want to use Dice-K ever again. Who else has an incredibly long motion to get set for a pitch?

# 47 enice128 @ 12/16/10 04:03 PM
Can anyone confirm announcers yet? The original post mentions the addition of Karros with Matt V but the trailer has Buck, Flaherty etc. How could they put in trailer if not in final game?

# 48 gigadkc @ 12/16/10 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
:O!

M.K.
Knight165
"You can angle the stick to the left or the right to handle inside and outside pitches, while the game will AUTOMATICALLY adjust to pitch height for you."

meh. Isn't that way too easy then? And what about popups and chops? Does the game read my mind to know if I want to hit a high flyball or a Baltimore chop? I get a feeling that they'll only put that feature in the game so u can use a Move-Controller

PYS's hitting system will be king in 2011 again I guess. I hope The Show 2011 will prove me wrong.

# 49 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 12/16/10 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enice128
Can anyone confirm announcers yet? The original post mentions the addition of Karros with Matt V but the trailer has Buck, Flaherty etc. How could they put in trailer if not in final game?
Those are just random team sound clips used for the trailer

# 50 Knight165 @ 12/16/10 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enice128
Just overlaid into the trailer.

Matt V, Dave and Karros

M.K.
Knight165

# 51 gigadkc @ 12/16/10 04:13 PM
didn't want to quote Knight, how the hell did that happen!?

# 52 Pared @ 12/16/10 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigadkc
"You can angle the stick to the left or the right to handle inside and outside pitches, while the game will AUTOMATICALLY adjust to pitch height for you."

meh. Isn't that way too easy then? And what about popups and chops? Does the game read my mind to know if I want to hit a high flyball or a Baltimore chop? I get a feeling that they'll only put that feature in the game so u can use a Move-Controller

PYS's hitting system will be king in 2011 again I guess. I hope The Show 2011 will prove me wrong.
Have you tried it yet? At least give it a chance before you start the complaints.

Geez. Do people go searching for things to complain about each year?

# 53 Knight165 @ 12/16/10 04:16 PM
Quote:
didn't want to quote Knight, how the hell did that happen!?
It can't be helped.
My awesomeness forces it sometimes.

M.K.
Knight165

# 54 El_MaYiMbE @ 12/16/10 04:16 PM
Quote:

Wow. Seriously?

# 55 gigadkc @ 12/16/10 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Have you tried it yet? At least give it a chance before you start the complaints.

Geez. Do people go searching for things to complain about each year?
no, but it don't like when things are automatical. I wanna do it on my own.

# 56 nemesis04 @ 12/16/10 04:19 PM
Quote:

What is automatical?

# 57 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/16/10 04:20 PM
Quote:
And there is PCI true cursor hitting. Which you can do that on your own.

# 58 gigadkc @ 12/16/10 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
What is automatical?
sry, I'm no native speaker. U know what I mean.

# 59 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 12/16/10 04:20 PM
Quote:
I wouldn't worry...They already said that MLB 11 will offer a full Zone hitting option

# 60 El_MaYiMbE @ 12/16/10 04:20 PM
Quote:
You have option to play like it was last year. This is the ALTERNATIVE.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.