Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DaveDQ @ 12/16/10 05:31 PM
It looks good. I will eventually get over some of the things that I see that bother me. I know that people want the action, so the big punches are always the highlight.

# 2 Jukeman @ 12/16/10 05:32 PM
I hope we can filter out the button users for online play

# 3 acarrero @ 12/16/10 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
I hope we can filter out the button users for online play
This is key for me too. However, since you can throw more punches with the stick, and analog punching seems a lot easier than years past, I'm hoping button users will be at a severe disadvantage online.

# 4 fistofrage @ 12/16/10 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero
This is key for me too. However, since you can throw more punches with the stick, and analog punching seems a lot easier than years past, I'm hoping button users will be at a severe disadvantage online.
I agree gone are the days when you wanted to throw an uppercut and it ended up being a herky mess. This looks simple enough and I can't see how this won't be easier than using buttons.

# 5 kwas676 @ 12/17/10 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Looks great. Punches look more....loose... I guess would be the word. Basically looks like you can throw quicker flurries now.
Ya man I glad the punchs have more variation to them this year, also glad nomore haymakers, are the single button signature punch gone please say yes.

# 6 Dazraz @ 12/17/10 12:38 PM
Very impressed with the lighting. Liking the new controls too. Putting combos together should be easier & feel less awkward than before.

# 7 BezO @ 12/17/10 04:32 PM
Nice!

Now PLEASE get the footwok up to par.

# 8 cjallure24 @ 12/17/10 08:54 PM
Love it. Gone are the days of trying to a half circle, just to throw a hook.

# 9 jmarcguy @ 12/18/10 09:19 AM
Someone said they should adjust it so using buttons is a disadvantage. Button users are already at a disadvantage. The only bonus to buttons & why I used them was punch selection. I could jab cross hook jab when I wanted. Downside was I couldn't move & punch as well. Guys on the sticks could take a step back while I punched & counter me all day because I was stationary. I'm going to give this new system a try though. I just couldn't get the old controls to respond like i wanted.

# 10 taiketsu @ 12/20/10 06:07 AM
I was really hoping they would implement varied punch speed and power with the analog stick controls. Simplifying the analog stick controls doesn't really contribute much to the gameplay. And as someone else mentioned above, they STILL haven't done anything for the footwork.

I wish EA invested their time on in-ring gameplay rather than that ridiculous story mode.

# 11 DaveDQ @ 12/20/10 09:06 AM
Personally, I think we put way too much stock in using the sticks to throw punches. When it comes down to it, you are holding a game controller in your hand, playing a video game.

I understand it simulates the motion of a punch, but even with these new control schemes, it's less of that and more of riding on this myth that using the sticks is more realistic.

# 12 Money99 @ 12/20/10 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Personally, I think we put way too much stock in using the sticks to throw punches. When it comes down to it, you are holding a game controller in your hand, playing a video game.

I understand it simulates the motion of a punch, but even with these new control schemes, it's less of that and more of riding on this myth that using the sticks is more realistic.
Very true.
What makes a realistic boxing game is giving the user the ability to implement strategy in breaking down an opponent. That shouldn't make a difference whether you're using analog controls or buttons.

The only real difference between the two last year was that you could spam faster with buttons as opposed to the sticks. But make no mistake about it, you could fight very unrealistically with both configurations.

# 13 Phobia @ 12/20/10 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Very true.
What makes a realistic boxing game is giving the user the ability to implement strategy in breaking down an opponent. That shouldn't make a difference whether you're using analog controls or buttons.

The only real difference between the two last year was that you could spam faster with buttons as opposed to the sticks. But make no mistake about it, you could fight very unrealistically with both configurations.
In the build we played Stamina played such a huge role, strategy was HUGE

# 14 fistofrage @ 12/20/10 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
In the build we played Stamina played such a huge role, strategy was HUGE
Until the 13 year olds start crying online that they can't recreate the Rocky Movies with 150 punches per round and 32 knockdowns. EA with be sure to fix that stamina "problem".

# 15 Phobia @ 12/20/10 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Until the 13 year olds start crying online that they can't recreate the Rocky Movies with 150 punches per round and 32 knockdowns. EA with be sure to fix that stamina "problem".
Most of us saw a average of 50 to 70 punches. That was even if you tried spamming. The punch output was very nice to see. Will it be that way in retail????? I sure the hell hope so

# 16 DaveDQ @ 12/20/10 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I don't think that's going to happen; although, these players will find a way to exploit the game. Look at EA MMA, a game that does stamina pretty good, and you will see them exploiting other areas. I'm sure it's pretty tough for developers to leave a game without some type of exploit open. It's going to happen and I have decided to understand that it will.

# 17 Jukeman @ 12/20/10 04:34 PM
Quote:

Only thing I am worried about with the buttons vs sticks debate is the reaction time

In EA MMA button users could pull off faster punches than a stick user

# 18 South318 @ 12/20/10 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
i know the footwork needs an overhaul, but damn them punches look good.
Yeah, I'm really hoping they do this....

# 19 DaveDQ @ 12/20/10 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Only thing I am worried about with the buttons vs sticks debate is the reaction time

In EA MMA button users could pull off faster punches than a stick user
True. Buttons and sticks are entirely different as far as reaction time goes in MMA. Maybe it'll be more even in Champion because the movement is more direct.

# 20 Vast @ 12/20/10 05:40 PM
Quote:

What the new control scheme allows is an easier more comfortable way to use both sticks at the same time. Meaning you can use your footwork and throw at the same time in a smoother manner.

Unfortunately for us the footwork suckssss~!

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.