Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

The Examiner has posted their MLB 11 The Show hands-on preview.

Quote:
"A major new addition to the online interface of The Show will be the new mode, Online Challenge of the Week. Every week Sony will post a new challenge that players can compete in to win prizes such as signed baseballs, tickets to baseball games – it was hinted at that a major prize like World Series tickets could happen but the prizes haven’t been finalized yet. The challenges that could be posted can range from hitting five homeruns in a row without getting an out or anything of that sort.

There will also be a parlay system in place so you can score big points in the challenge even if you don’t meet the criteria of the main challenge. So, if the challenge was hit 5 homeruns without getting an out and the parlay was hit 3 balls off the wall, you hit 3 homeruns and met the parlay challenge, you could still be in the running for the top prize. Each week, you’ll be able to participate in this mini-game free of charge, but any other attempts will cost you 25 cents.

Graphically, the game is more detailed than MLB 10: The Show with better crowds, more realistic environments, and more detailed player models. The development team took more time with MLB 11: The Show and captured additional player motions, so more players will now perform their own unique rituals on the mound or in the batter’s box. The sense of being in the stadium has been greatly enhanced in this title and you'll feel like you are watching a real game."

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ckarlic @ 12/16/10 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
Good preview. All this info is getting me anxious to play this damn thing!!!

# 2 Bigsheen @ 12/16/10 05:21 PM
very good preview, they didnt beat stuff to death like they are the first ones to know about it.

# 3 Skyboxer @ 12/16/10 06:43 PM
Details wise yep... That about as far as I'd take the comparison.....

Unless you have to play 40 games before you're allowed to have injuries or foul balls...

... I keed.....

# 4 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/16/10 08:59 PM
Nice read. Thanks Brett!

Sent from nowhere using Tapatalk

# 5 green94 @ 12/16/10 09:56 PM
Other new features include weather, natural day progression from afternoon to night in real-time during a game

HELL yes. Finally confirmed... afternoon to night transition!

Playoff games hopefully starting at 5PM.

Good god, can't wait.

42 - might want to put Preview in the title.

# 6 green94 @ 12/16/10 10:00 PM
And just to clarify... Gran Turismo is the MLB The Show of Racing games.

# 7 HustlinOwl @ 12/16/10 10:19 PM
Brandon Phillips stance correct and will be GOAT

# 8 BatsareBugs @ 12/17/10 12:42 AM
"When they said 500 MLB players, I said make it 1000."

"When they said realistic body proportions was impossible, I said make it work."

# 9 42 @ 12/17/10 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag3vsW0rld
"When they said 500 MLB players, I said make it 1000."

"When they said realistic body proportions was impossible, I said make it work."

# 10 Qb @ 12/17/10 11:03 AM
Quote:
...everything from MLB 10: The Show is in the game, but new features like customizable game camera, pitching meter location, or anything on your main hub can be customized to your own liking.
If I'm reading this correctly, we can now change the location of the pitching meter and move/hide other HUD items... excellent.

# 11 dodgerblue @ 12/17/10 04:17 PM
The best just keeps getting better! I actually was foolish enough to think I could make it next season continuing to play '10!

# 12 ElroyJetson @ 12/17/10 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerblue
The best just keeps getting better! I actually was foolish enough to think I could make it next season continuing to play '10!
I'm hyped for it

# 13 Skyboxer @ 12/17/10 10:17 PM
Ok I finished up my Christmas shopping tonight and picked up the wife a new laptop and seen BB had the Tritton AX180 on sale so I picked one up..Mainly as I needed a new chat mic and this covers both systems and it was on sale....
anyways I was thinking of stuff, media wise and it came to me.

How cool would it be to add (like we can add sounds of the show) video clips and assign to each teams video screens..

Anyways I'm just sitting here relaxing and am about to dive into my franchise and thought about this....

I'd think it would be cool. I'd probably add blooper clips etc...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.