Home
News Post

We, at Operation Sports, wish you and yours a very safe and happy Holiday season. Hope you get everything you wish for and much more.

After you've opened your presents (tonight, or in the morning), share with us what you received.

Don't forget to pull for the Dallas Cowboys.

Member Comments
# 81 SlimKibbles @ 12/25/10 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown

I was waiting for this one. We're well-off/comfortable and my mom just really enjoys Christmas shopping for me and my two sisters. This is the last year that we're doing the "big" Christmas and we'll be scaling back next year, so it was really nice.

I was pretty shocked to get all of the TV shows, though. I figured I'd get Dexter and Deadwood...definitely surprised with the complete Sopranos collection and then two seasons of Breaking Bad.
Beantown, my mom does the same thing for me and my two sisters. I'm 34 and they are 30 and 28...and married. It's a little ridiculous. She has scaled back over time but it's still too much. in my opinion. She gets mad at me every year because I won't give her a Christmas list until the 11th-hour. I don't want much of anything, really. Plus I don't want to encourage her at all.

Anyway, here's what I got:
- Miami Hurricanes hoodie
- Xavier long-sleeve t-shirt
- 2 pairs of jeans
- Pair of black pants
- COD: Black Ops
- 2 Equalizer EQ2 Register Boosters (when you move into a house with a room added on that has no ductwork, which you eventually put in yourself, you'll understand why these will help)
- A couple of books, some cash, and a few other things

# 82 23 @ 12/25/10 11:54 PM
Like 4 remote control cars
3 Remote control helicopters
A $25 amercian express gift card
A nikkon coolpix touch screen camera
Candy
Microsoft Kinect
and the walmount for it

# 83 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/25/10 11:57 PM
My mother-in-law got me a toaster that puts the Jets logo on my toast! Oh and my wife got me a white authentic Jets jersey with my last name and fav number.

# 84 z Revis @ 12/26/10 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
My mother-in-law got me a toaster that puts the Jets logo on my toast! Oh and my wife got me a white authentic Jets jersey with my last name and fav number.
Holy **** that's amazing! I need a Colts one now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKibbles
Beantown, my mom does the same thing for me and my two sisters. I'm 34 and they are 30 and 28...and married. It's a little ridiculous. She has scaled back over time but it's still too much. in my opinion. She gets mad at me every year because I won't give her a Christmas list until the 11th-hour. I don't want much of anything, really. Plus I don't want to encourage her at all.
Not here. I used to get a ton of gifts. My parents spent WAY too much money on me as a child. I probably doubled or tripled what most kids got for Christmas. I guess that's what comes with being the only child(you're spoiled). I used to feel bad for my best friend as he wouldn't get that much for X-Mas(he has a sister too, but his parents actually make more money than mine) and he'd always tell me how lucky I am. But once I turned 18, it was like the difference between night and day. I only got a few gifts and most of them were things that I needed. This year they bought me a bunch clothes and that's it. No complaints though. Nowadays I can buy anything that I want so anything that they give me for my birthday or X-Mas is just money that I don't have to spend myself.

# 85 SlimKibbles @ 12/26/10 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Not here. I used to get a ton of gifts. My parents spent WAY too much money on me as a child. I probably doubled or tripled what most kids got for Christmas. I guess that's what comes with being the only child(you're spoiled). I used to feel bad for my best friend as he wouldn't get that much for X-Mas(he has a sister too, but his parents actually make more money than mine) and he'd always tell me how lucky I am. But once I turned 18, it was like the difference between night and day. I only got a few gifts and most of them were things that I needed. This year they bought me a bunch clothes and that's it. No complaints though. Nowadays I can buy anything that I want so anything that they give me for my birthday or X-Mas is just money that I don't have to spend myself.
See that's the other thing about it too. If I want something, I just go buy it myself. More than one person over the years, especially when I moved out of my parents' house about 10 years ago, has told me how hard it is to buy gifts for me. My Christmas list anymore, when I actually make one up, will consist of a few things I need and maybe a couple of things I want. The few things I listed this year, I got. You're right, it is money I don't have to spend on myself, which is nice.

# 86 Gotmadskillzson @ 12/26/10 01:42 AM
Clearly.......I have been jipped by my bloodline my whole life on Christmas after reading this thread......

Grown arse married men still getting big hauls by their parents......wow

I think I shall sue my parents now for giving me something they have game me for the past 13 years.......A PHONE CALL, SMH

@Scott.......your dad gave you $1,000 and a $100 gift card ? WTH ? Why didn't he just give you $1,100 ? LOL

@Bean.......your spoiled

@Longhorn.........your spoiled

@most of the people posting in this thread, you spoiled

SMH

Parents - phone call
3 Sisters - NADA
Brother - Nothing
Friends - Nada
Cousins - Nothing

Mother in law - $20 cash
Brother in law - $20 walmart gift card
Wife - steel toe boots(Guess she plans on running over my feet with the car)

SMH.......Clearly I was robbed......

# 87 GaryT531 @ 12/26/10 02:07 AM
wall street money never sleeps dvd, the town limited edition blue ray dvd, a tom tom gps navigator, g.i joe cartoon season 2 dvd lol, xbl 1600 points card, a stocking full of candy including reeses pb trees which are awesome btw, diesel cologne, hat and scarf, 100 dollars, and a few more dvd's. this was a good year

# 88 z Revis @ 12/26/10 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Clearly.......I have been jipped by my bloodline my whole life on Christmas after reading this thread......

I think I shall sue my parents now for giving me something they have game me for the past 13 years.......A PHONE CALL, SMH

@Scott.......your dad gave you $1,000 and a $100 gift card ? WTH ? Why didn't he just give you $1,100 ? LOL

@Bean.......your spoiled

SMH

Parents - phone call
3 Sisters - NADA
Brother - Nothing
Friends - Nada
Cousins - Nothing

Mother in law - $20 cash

# 89 Vikes1 @ 12/26/10 02:35 AM
First off, our family had a wonderful Christmas!...and I hope you all did too.

The main things I received was...

1. Our whole immediate family came to our home for Christmas dinner. [this gift was priceless]

2. An Xbox 360 "Intercooler". [extra cooling fans]

3. Minnesota Wild Third jersey. [#22 Cal Clutterbuck]

4. Game tickets for my son and I, to the Wild vs the Canadians March 20th.

5. Several clothing items....shirts, pants. etc...

I had tears in my eyes when I saw the Wild tickets. I've never been to a professional hockey game before. I'm a big Wild fan, but grew up watching and rooting for the Habs. So my son knew the perfect game to take me to. Can't wait to spend this time with my son!!

# 90 dickey1331 @ 12/26/10 02:45 AM
Had a really good Christmas with the wife and skyping both of our parents. Here's what I got

Lots of clothes, all made in USA
Airsoft gun
Texas rangers stuff
NBA jam
Bath mat lol
Best buy gift card
Target gift card
A few stocking stuffer things
$350

It was a really good Christmas and I hope all of y'all had the same.

Sent from space using Tapatalk

# 91 iAM-IncReDiBLe- @ 12/26/10 03:51 AM
Quote:

@Bean.......your spoiled

SMH

Parents - phone call
3 Sisters - NADA
Brother - Nothing
Friends - Nada
Cousins - Nothing

Mother in law - $20 cash

Maybe no one likes you??

lol just playing man I'm in the same boat. Here is what I got for Christmas
sock
undershirts
boxer briefs
an axe set with shampoo an all that (I don't like axe at all )

So yea my family loves me lol, nah we just don't got money like that. All our money went to giving my 7yr old sister a nice Christmas. I really didn't want anything except money to put into my car.

# 92 Dog @ 12/26/10 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kng23rich
sock
You got one sock? Where is the other one?!

# 93 TheMatrix31 @ 12/26/10 04:40 AM
Got some cash, that's about it. I'll use it to fatten myself up, of course.

# 94 BatsareBugs @ 12/26/10 06:13 AM
This is always a fun thread to visit.

This year I got:

A Alfani Coat
A blazer from H&M
2 flannel button up shirts
2 long sleeves from Express
2 sweatpants
Framed high school diploma and bachelor's degree
Ibanez bass guitar with an amp and tuner
$30 in cash

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get a job yet. I was only able to get my younger cousins some cheap art-related gifts.

# 95 Kearnzo @ 12/26/10 07:41 AM
Amazon Kindle (from the parents)
Blu Rays (Avatar 3 Disc, True Blood Season 1, Inception)
Gift Cards (Wal Mart, Best Buy, Gamestop)
$50 Cash
Nautica Voyage Cologne
Leatherman Fuse
Superman Snuggie from the mother in law (WTF)
Clothes
Various K-Cups for Keurig

Had a pretty good haul this year. I tell my parents and her side of the family not to worry about me, but it never happens. Like others have said, once I got a job, I bought everything I wanted. My parents used to get me and my brother like 50 gifts each from Christmas every year until we moved out, so I guess they still enjoy spoiling us.

My boy had so much fun though. He's 3, so this is the first year he's really been into it. We got up at 3:30, and he was so excited. Made sure Santa and the reindeer ate the food we left, then headed for the presents. The look on his face the whole time made Christmas for me and my wife. He got a serious haul as well, what with our gifts and the stuff from the rest of the family. His favorite is the motorized Buzz Lightyear wings he can wear. He won't take them off

I was the big winner though. Completely surprised my wife with a necklace she had NO idea about. It's a mother necklace, which came with both birthstones for our children (Alex in December, and soon to be Madison, hopefully in January). The jeweler said we could replace the birthstone if need be. She was so happy to get it, as I kept insisting that I had no clue what to get for her, and i'd just let her go shopping if she wanted after Christmas. She actually fell for it.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

# 96 ShaneFu @ 12/26/10 09:01 AM
Had a great Christmas, hope everyone else did as well. Here's the haul:

1) NBA Jam
2)EA MMA
3) a new Toshiba Laptop
4) one 50 lb and 2 30 lb kettlebells (gonna work off the holiday pounds)
5) some sweet shirts and jeans
6) Gamestop GC's
7) "Snow Shredder" to take my daughter sledding on the fresh 7 inches of snow that fell Christmas Day!

Happy New Year!

# 97 nyisles16 @ 12/26/10 09:17 AM
Ahhhh...

40" Samsung 3D TV (Series 7) from the wife....(will have to get the glasses)
Also-- A Team and Other Guys DVD

From the family...
Kinect for 360
Fifa 11, Metal of Honor, and Halo Reach
Simpson's Guide book
Earth by Jon Stewart
Clothes
Various gift cards

A great Xmas!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

# 98 GAMEC0CK2002 @ 12/26/10 10:53 AM
Quote:

@Bean.......your spoiled

SMH

Parents - phone call
3 Sisters - NADA
Brother - Nothing
Friends - Nada
Cousins - Nothing

Mother in law - $20 cash

Late entry for OS rant of the year.

# 99 SPTO @ 12/26/10 11:07 AM
Didn't get much

a couple PJ pants, wallet, 135 bucks in cash, a bottle of Tullamore Dew and tomorrow i'm going to get a DVD Recorder.

# 100 Beantown @ 12/26/10 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
Late entry for OS rant of the year.
Especially since he called me spoiled twice.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.