Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Steve_OS @ 12/31/10 03:16 PM
Youtube or OSTV video? I'm not seeing any choppiness at all.

# 2 Po Pimp @ 12/31/10 03:26 PM
I hate how punches STILL have no impact. This is a bare knuckle fight, yet they get hit with a hook, and it doesn't even phase them.

# 3 RayDog253 @ 12/31/10 03:28 PM
Wow, so is this part of some kind of story Career mode or something?

# 4 DaveDQ @ 12/31/10 04:29 PM
This is obviously the fight engine, so while it's part of the story mode, it's a tutorial to let you learn the schemes, but you can tell punches still land and have very little physics to them. If a guy gets hit in the temple, he's going to go with the flow of energy. He's not simply going to take it and hardly move. There's just very little movement below the waist. It all seems to pivot from the waist up. I can not stand the head butt, and even if it is in prison, you know it's in the game. It's flat out silly.

I do like how the fighters weave and punches seem to glance better.

# 5 MrBallaBoy21 @ 01/01/11 02:03 AM
-_- Alot of boxing fundamentals still seem to be missing.

If every fighter moves like that and if you can get punched clean and walk through it like it was a weak jab then this game will just be FNR 4 with better graphics.

# 6 Eman5805 @ 01/01/11 02:58 AM
It's not quite real boxing, and definitely not real bare knuckle fighting (I hope to God a cutscene or something afterward shows him with busted up hands), but it's pretty to look at and I'm really lookin' forward to the story mode.

# 7 videobastard @ 01/01/11 10:35 AM
Another weak video. They might as well just released story mode dlc with the last fight night game. Not much improvement to this one.

# 8 TDKing @ 01/01/11 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
Another weak video. They might as well just released story mode dlc with the last fight night game. Not much improvement to this one.
I'm kind of feeling the same way so far. I have no interest at all in the story mode and if I don't see anything I was hoping for in this years game I'll be skipping this one.
Anyone know if they will be releasing a demo ?

# 9 iLLmatic @ 01/01/11 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I'm kind of feeling the same way so far. I have no interest at all in the story mode and if I don't see anything I was hoping for in this years game I'll be skipping this one.
Anyone know if they will be releasing a demo ?
Yeah, it's out right now. It's called FN Round 4.

# 10 ajc25 @ 01/01/11 05:31 PM
Man I feel like that last hit was going to be crucial. (POW!)

# 11 JayBee74 @ 01/01/11 10:43 PM
Graphics look sharp, but my interest is waning.

# 12 acarrero @ 01/01/11 10:51 PM
Looks good to me.

# 13 tcrews @ 01/02/11 02:43 PM
I watched the video on the OS home page, then decided I'd actually open the link so I could see if anyone else noticed nobody reacting when getting hit flush by bare knuckle punches. I honestly don't know how this team gets their information. I know some companies bring in pro basketball/football/hockey players for advice. But with Fight Night it just seems as though they do their own thing and hope they get it right. Instead of actually getting all the information and technical aspects of boxing from either a highly respected trainer, or long tenured professional boxer. I know a lot of people don't like Freddie Roach, but in this situation he wouldn't be afraid to tell them that it doesn't look right at all, he speaks his mind. That's the type of person they need. If this was a flyweight hitting a heavyweight while wearing 16oz boxing gloves, I could understand. But it's two big dudes hitting each other in the face very hard with gauze on their hands, and somehow not reacting to it.

Very, very disappointing EA. I really hope this changes before the game is release, but I know better.

# 14 acarrero @ 01/02/11 03:00 PM
I saw it again after reading the complaints here. Let's not exaggerate - the fighters definitely flinch when they get hit with a good shot. Seems more noticeable with body shots; they whince and slow down. The FN engine is a good one. It is younger than the Madden engine, and in many ways superior. It still has a ways to go before being a true sim, but it gets the job done. FNC is looking like a step up from FN4, most anticipated sports game of 2011.

# 15 allBthere @ 01/02/11 04:37 PM
I hope the bobbing and weaving has changed from the left stick gestures and has changed completely.

punching looks much better than rd.4...but could still be tweaked significantly.

If there is a counter window I will not buy the game period.

I think the barenuckle stuff looks cool. It would be cool to start a prison franchise imo. It's like an alternative mode or like in other sports games where you create a league with all fake teams.

I'd call it diggstown or something like that lol.

# 16 JayBee74 @ 01/02/11 06:14 PM
Face it, we won't know a lot until we play the game against the CPU or a human opponent.

I'll change my stance a little after watching the video a few more times. It seems like slipping punches might be easier and combining that with the slower punch speed we might have more realistic punch connect percentages. Throw in some improved stamina and who knows?

# 17 DaveDQ @ 01/02/11 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero
I saw it again after reading the complaints here. Let's not exaggerate - the fighters definitely flinch when they get hit with a good shot. Seems more noticeable with body shots; they whince and slow down. The FN engine is a good one. It is younger than the Madden engine, and in many ways superior. It still has a ways to go before being a true sim, but it gets the job done. FNC is looking like a step up from FN4, most anticipated sports game of 2011.
I have to disagree. The fighters flinch and move more when hit with a head-butt. Bishop connects with an uppercut that should at least make the guy move back some. That's where I question things. Ok, the head-butt is in there but why make it so it has more animation effect than the punch?

I enjoyed FN4..don't get me wrong, and I actually like the direction they are taking the game. Also, this looks like it's a tutorial to learn the game, not an actual mode. I'll enjoy Champion, but I do wish they did some things differently.

# 18 Chef Matt @ 01/02/11 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
I can see why dedicated fight fans are not going to be happy. But I have to admit, the gameplay just works for me on a videogame level. This does look pretty much like FN 3.75, as the last game felt like FN 3.5.

There does not seem to be a new engine or even a new approach to the boxers' movement. I really don't know how well the games sell, but they usually get my money. But then, I rarely watch much boxing on TV.

There was a time during the 90's in which I watched a decent amount, and had a couple of friends that bought every pay-per-view as long as the rest of us brought beer and food. Those were some good times. But not good enough to draw me back when I moved.

I suspect I am like a lot of EA's customers, in that I like having a boxing game to pull out every now and then. for that, it does the trick. But I am not looking for a sim, at all.
I'm exactly the same. Not looking for Sim, but like to have the lastest boxing game available to pull out a few hours before the big fight on PPV. We still get together for the big fights, it just seems like there aren't as many good ones as there used to be.

# 19 JayBee74 @ 01/02/11 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I'm with you aca. Absolutely loved Rn4 and I cant wait to get my hands on this one.
You're easily pleased Creep-we need a big improvement over Round 4.

# 20 JayBee74 @ 01/02/11 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
I'm exactly the same. Not looking for Sim, but like to have the lastest boxing game available to pull out a few hours before the big fight on PPV. We still get together for the big fights, it just seems like there aren't as many good ones as there used to be.
Seems like the type of laid back throw anything out there attitude that EA loves.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.