Home
Tiger 12 News Post

Product Description
Start your journey down the “Road to the Masters” with Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters. For the first time in franchise history, players will be able to step on to the hallowed grounds of Augusta National to experience the rich history and tradition of the Masters Tournament. Rely on the advice of your caddie to strategize and focus your game while feeling the intensity of the PGA TOUR season. Embark on the “Road to the Masters” as your career begins on the amateur tour and work your way through Q School, Nationwide Tour, and finally, the PGA TOUR. Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters has something for every golf fan and is the must-have title this year!

Features
  • Play the Hallowed Grounds of Augusta National Golf Club – For the first time ever in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise history, players will now be able to compete at Augusta National Golf Club. Experience the historic holes that comprise Amen Corner and make a run at capturing the distinctive Green Jacket.
  • Masters Moments – Relive and play through memorable, historic moments of the Masters. Take the challenge and see where you measure up against the greats who have played in this legendary tournament.
  • Tiger at the Masters – In this all-new mode, relive each of Tiger’s four wins at the Masters by attempting to equal or beat his scores in each round of the Tournament.
  • Broadcast Presentation – Jim Nantz teams up with David Feherty to lead the all-new broadcast presentation package. Enhanced visuals showcase high fidelity character models and course details that bring to life all the sights and sounds of a round of golf at Augusta National. For the first time in franchise history, the game will feature 3D grass, which will appear and respond more like actual grass.
  • Climb the World Ranking – Feel the pressure of an all-important putt while working your way through the amateur tour, Qualifying School, and the Nationwide TOUR. Perform well enough to earn a spot on the PGA TOUR! In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters, the all-new career mode closely mirrors the real-life journey of an amateur golfer as they strive to make it onto the PGA TOUR.
  • The Caddie Experience – Play like a true pro with a caddie alongside, assisting and supporting your every swing. The caddie will evaluate all pre-shot factors, such as wind, lie, and yardage, to provide a recommended shot. As your caddie’s knowledge of each course increases, he will level up through “Course Mastery,” making him even more valuable to your success.
  • Enhancements – Enjoy new features like Fast Golf which allow you to complete a full round in half the time. The new save system provides the flexibility to save, and later resume, your round at any point. In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters, players will have the ability to jump start their career mode as they will be able to carry over their XP from last year’s game.
  • Presidents Cup – Take on the best from around the world as you compete in this new offline team-based mode. This tournament features the U.S. team versus the top golfers outside of the Europe.
  • The Best Golfers in the World – Hit the links as the top talent in golf, including PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year Rickie Fowler, past Masters champion Zach Johnson, Ryder Cup participant Bubba Watson, and many more.
  • Championship Courses – Take on the best of the best on sixteen of the world’s most celebrated courses, including Augusta National Golf Club, Royal Melbourne Golf Club (Australia), Atlanta Athletic Club, TPC San Antonio, St Andrews Links and Pebble Beach Golf Links.
Product Specifications
Publisher: Electronic Arts Inc.
Developer: EA Tiburon
Ship Date: 01 April, 2011
Category: Sports

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters screenshot gallery - Click to view Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters screenshot gallery - Click to view Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The MastersReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Videos
Member Comments
# 81 acts238shaun @ 01/06/11 09:07 AM
Enhancements – Enjoy new features like Fast Golf which allow you to complete a full round in half the time. The new save system provides the flexibility to save, and later resume, your round at any point. In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters, players will have the ability to jump start their career mode as they will be able to carry over their XP from last year’s game.

^^^^^ This along with the new career mode makes this a must buy.

# 82 kerosene31 @ 01/06/11 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
they will be able to carry over their XP from last year’s game.
Seriously? That's fantastic. The leveling grind each year gets really tiresome. Nice to see we don't have to do it this year.

# 83 BLB34 @ 01/06/11 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
Seriously? That's fantastic. The leveling grind each year gets really tiresome. Nice to see we don't have to do it this year.
This is also a great reason to break out Tiger 11 while waiting!

# 84 ocat @ 01/06/11 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlBraves09
- You can't be serious about the ball flight of 3 irons and 9 irons... The only thing that makes a 3 iron fly further than a 9 iron is the loft itself. I think the problem your explaining with ball physics has more to so with the ground. The greens are far too soft and so are the fairways in my opinion. They can be made fast but often times it's like the ball is rolling on a bed.
I've played golf at a fairly high level for nearly 15 years, i know how a golf ball flies.

This is a chart showing pga tour averages, all of this data was taken using a trackman ball flight system.

Note the 'Max Height' column, notice something.......

# 85 Uncle Stumpy @ 01/06/11 04:23 PM
Sounds good! Didn't get 11 because of tiger being a slut..i will pick this up though, I'm loving the career mode refresh!

# 86 AtlBraves09 @ 01/06/11 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
I've played golf at a fairly high level for nearly 15 years, i know how a golf ball flies.

This is a chart showing pga tour averages, all of this data was taken using a trackman ball flight system.

Note the 'Max Height' column, notice something.......

- Refer to the vertical launch column on your chart... Thats what I was talking about in regards to this game, I think it does a pretty good job of representing the ball climb off of certain clubs. You were complaining about the trajectory and that's what I was refering to.

# 87 sroz39 @ 01/06/11 06:44 PM
Having bought every Tiger since 2004 (talk about a case of the good, bad and ugly) and really enjoying Tiger 10 and even moreso, Tiger 11, this is a no-brainer for me. I honestly thought we would NEVER see an officially licensed Augusta in video game form till...well, ever, really. Kudos to the green jackets that run Augusta and seeing the bigger picture, kudos to EA for going after it. This news has brought a smile to my face like no other, being the golf nut I am.

Augusta + True Aim + Move Support (which I just tried out recently) = best golf game ever, for me anyways.

Yeah, there's aspects I wish this game did better, like the aforementioned ball physics, but they're not gamebreakers by any stretch. This series was on the right track last year and now? If everything comes together, this could be sports game of the year next year. Seriously.

# 88 goalie @ 01/06/11 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
Enhancements – Enjoy new features like Fast Golf which allow you to complete a full round in half the time. The new save system provides the flexibility to save, and later resume, your round at any point. In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters, players will have the ability to jump start their career mode as they will be able to carry over their XP from last year’s game.

^^^^^ This along with the new career mode makes this a must buy.

wow - this is the first i've seen about the "carry over" - where did you see this? any details about how this works?

# 89 DivotMaker @ 01/06/11 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I'm not sure why everybody is getting excited about career mode. From what I'm reading it looks like the season mode from before except it ends once you win the Masters. So if you win the Masters the 1st year on the PGA tour then it's over so it's not even a real season mode because there would be only multiple seasons until you win the Masters.
Sorry, that is NOT what EA has stated that career mode will be like, especially with Q-School, Nationwide Tour, then PGA TOUR, etc.....

# 90 OnlookerDelay @ 01/06/11 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
Augusta + True Aim + Move Support (which I just tried out recently) = best golf game ever, for me anyways.
How about this equation: Augusta National + True View + Move Support = best golf game ever?

I stress True View because the early screen shots have shown two first person views of the ball at address, indicating to me that the PS3 version will offer what is known as True View on the Wii, which is even more immersive and dynamic than True Aim, IMO. If you haven't seen True View, particularly vertical True View, in action on the Wii version of TW 11, look for a video of it and you'll see where I'm coming from... I'm giddy thinking of what this will look and feel like in hi-res!

I just hope they'll carry the Tournament difficulty set into True View on the PS3 in TW 12. I'll be very disappointed and shocked if they don't.

# 91 Bullit @ 01/06/11 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Sorry, that is NOT what EA has stated that career mode will be like, especially with Q-School, Nationwide Tour, then PGA TOUR, etc.....
So far all of your info, like always, is spot on and comes from reliable sources.

Have you heard or read anything about how long the off line career mode is going to be? That is probably one the tidbits of info that I am the most interested in at the moment. This is pretty much the only mode that I play except for the occasional round with friends.

# 92 DivotMaker @ 01/07/11 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
So far all of your info, like always, is spot on and comes from reliable sources.

Have you heard or read anything about how long the off line career mode is going to be? That is probably one the tidbits of info that I am the most interested in at the moment. This is pretty much the only mode that I play except for the occasional round with friends.
Thanks for the kind comments.

I don't have any info on offline CM, but I hope it is longer than the 5 years or so that was in TW11.....I'll try to get a response, but it may be a while.

# 93 Bullit @ 01/07/11 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Thanks for the kind comments.

I don't have any info on offline CM, but I hope it is longer than the 5 years or so that was in TW11.....I'll try to get a response, but it may be a while.
I figured it would be a little longer before they started to release more info, but I appreciate the effort.

I would think probably in mid February we would get a fact sheet and course list. Then maybe in the first week of March I think we will see a Demo.

As far as Career mode here are my thoughts. I would think that it would have to be longer than five years. If we are really starting off as a true amateur and
working our way up, I would think for the average player's(not you UBER Golfers and you know who you are ) it would take a year or two to even make the full pro tour. If I am reading the info right there are two levels before Q school so I would think that would take a bit of time, plus whatever "Tiger Challenges" are in the pipeline for player development.

While I would love a long offline career mode. I am so very excited to play Augusta that it is not a big issue. To finally play this course that I have no chance of ever playing in real life is just something I never thought would happen in a video game. I mean really we have all said this would never happen and it is only 2 1/2 months away. How can you not be excited about this.

Add in that we can finally add DLC into offline Career mode. It does not get much better for me. I know some people have there issues and those people always will find something to complain about or nitpick. But for me this is the game I have been waiting for. I don't care if they just repackage 11, which I know they are not with the new features, I am going to be a very happy video game golfer at the end of March.

# 94 jethrotull @ 01/07/11 09:50 AM
It has been two years since my last Tiger Woods purchase. I was wondering if they still utilize "gameface" and if you can customize your own character by adding pants/ clubs/ shirts/ etc... in career mode or play now mode.

This was a title I had given up on, but with the Masters involved it will be a definite purchase for not only myself but 4 or 5 other people I know.

# 95 sroz39 @ 01/07/11 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
How about this equation: Augusta National + True View + Move Support = best golf game ever?

I stress True View because the early screen shots have shown two first person views of the ball at address, indicating to me that the PS3 version will offer what is known as True View on the Wii, which is even more immersive and dynamic than True Aim, IMO. If you haven't seen True View, particularly vertical True View, in action on the Wii version of TW 11, look for a video of it and you'll see where I'm coming from... I'm giddy thinking of what this will look and feel like in hi-res!

I just hope they'll carry the Tournament difficulty set into True View on the PS3 in TW 12. I'll be very disappointed and shocked if they don't.
I have seen videos of it and you're right, pal, it's something to get excited for. Though I enjoy the Move support in TW11, it's very obvious the compatibility wasn't at the top of the agenda. I'm looking forward to seeing it in action with the True View on the PS3 when they probably spent more time on the Move this year in general.

I'm so psyched, words can't explain. Really enjoyed the last two versions and all this stuff being put in a game I already tremendously enjoyed just makes me plain giddy!

Who knew that with Tiger sleeping around resulting in terrible sales of 11 would be beneficial to us as gamers? I only kid...sort of.

# 96 mwjr @ 01/07/11 07:59 PM
Fantastic. My brother and I would play PGA II on the Genesis, wishing we could play Augusta. This is a dream come true.

Any word on whether or not I can get a virtual Chicken Sandwich or Egg Salad Sandwich at Augusta?

# 97 PhantomPain @ 01/07/11 08:33 PM
Are you able to change control schemes in the middle of a round? Like if I start out with the Move but don't feel like doing it anymore after so many holes, can I switch to the analog controls? Or vice versa, if I am playing with the analogs and want to try a shot or start playing altogether with the Move, can I switch to it in the middle of a round?

I would assume this can be answered by either Wii or ps3 owners that have the Move.

# 98 goalie @ 01/07/11 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
Are you able to change control schemes in the middle of a round? Like if I start out with the Move but don't feel like doing it anymore after so many holes, can I switch to the analog controls? Or vice versa, if I am playing with the analogs and want to try a shot or start playing altogether with the Move, can I switch to it in the middle of a round?

I would assume this can be answered by either Wii or ps3 owners that have the Move.

i have no authority on this, but i highly doubt that you could switch control schemes within a round...

i am basing this on how rounds worked in the past. i guess you never know, but i feel like competitions (like online tourneys) are grouped based on control scheme and difficulty level - so i don't think you could change that mid-round...

# 99 goalie @ 01/07/11 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I figured it would be a little longer before they started to release more info, but I appreciate the effort.

I would think probably in mid February we would get a fact sheet and course list. Then maybe in the first week of March I think we will see a Demo.

As far as Career mode here are my thoughts. I would think that it would have to be longer than five years. If we are really starting off as a true amateur and
working our way up, I would think for the average player's(not you UBER Golfers and you know who you are ) it would take a year or two to even make the full pro tour. If I am reading the info right there are two levels before Q school so I would think that would take a bit of time, plus whatever "Tiger Challenges" are in the pipeline for player development.

While I would love a long offline career mode. I am so very excited to play Augusta that it is not a big issue. To finally play this course that I have no chance of ever playing in real life is just something I never thought would happen in a video game. I mean really we have all said this would never happen and it is only 2 1/2 months away. How can you not be excited about this.

Add in that we can finally add DLC into offline Career mode. It does not get much better for me. I know some people have there issues and those people always will find something to complain about or nitpick. But for me this is the game I have been waiting for. I don't care if they just repackage 11, which I know they are not with the new features, I am going to be a very happy video game golfer at the end of March.
well said, bullit...

# 100 countryboy @ 01/08/11 09:22 AM
any idea what the DLC courses are for the collector's edition?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.